1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chip Brown on SportsCenter saying CU will start in Pac 16 in 2012

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffNut99, Jun 9, 2010.

  1. BuffNut99

    BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2008
    Messages:
    13,078
    Likes Received:
    2,493
    ...with the obvious five others. He sounds so despondent.
     
  2. 14er

    14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2009
    Messages:
    4,992
    Likes Received:
    927
    Time to raid recruits from the forgotten 4.:smile2:
     
  3. dio

    dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

    Joined:
    Dec 21, 2007
    Messages:
    30,083
    Likes Received:
    2,489
    Great - I will believe it when I see Larry Scott or whatever his name is announcing the accepted invites.
     
  4. HotRack

    HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2009
    Messages:
    7,030
    Likes Received:
    455
    Maybe 5...Mizzou isn't being mentioned to the B10 talks as much...
     
  5. buff4bcs1985

    buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2008
    Messages:
    26,004
    Likes Received:
    2,127
    mizzou will go after notre dame says yes or no
     
  6. 14er

    14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2009
    Messages:
    4,992
    Likes Received:
    927
    ouch
     
  7. Highlander27

    Highlander27 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2010
    Messages:
    866
    Likes Received:
    47
    ha ha ha, his twitter has crashed. I'm stoked about this for many reasons.

    1. Recruiting 2. Long term Viability 3. Potential 4. Rivalry:

    1. I think sitting in a direct division w/ Texas, Tech, a&m, OU, OSU and the AZ's is going to be great for us and will get us back towards a recruiting formula closer to what we had when we were top 10 ranked every year. We'll aim for 40% of our kids from Texas and now that we play them annually, we'll have a much better chance of landing them. We'll get 40% of our kids from California, arguably our largest recruiting ground and hotbed for alumni. We'll spread the other 20% from our home state and local Pac X recruiting grounds. We already target NV, AZ, WA a lot. This will only solidify our grounds in those states. Rubber meets the road when Hawkins who is still in town, can't grow upon his paltry number of 5 kids on the Buffs from the state of Texas as of last year. That's an abomination. He'll be out before too long with that effort. You have to recruit in Texas, you have to recruit in Cali. No other way to be successful and no we have the automatic in to do both.

    2. Pairing up with the Pac 10 that has LOADS of history will protect us. Hopefully in the end, it will encourage us to grow especially on the baseball diamond as that is a big sport of choice in the Pac 10. Recruiting will be open in those arenas as well. With a new media contract in hand, this should be heavily discussed. Pair up with Coors field or a local public sponsor, get a domed facility built and there we go. I understand that this takes time.

    3. We have a historically strong program with loads of history tapping into a historically strong conference which has endured for years. This is the mega step. There really isn't anything after this outside of besides a playoffsystem down the road. We've been through some up and downs but we've survived.

    4. Sucks losing Nebraska to the Big 10 but I don't think we'll be short on Rivals. I wish we could play the Cal's, UCLA's, Oregon's and the UW's of the world more but whatever. After the offseason from hell (at least to me, before now, I think I have an ulcer), and all the vitriol thrown our way from Texas, I hope that the student athletes are fired up to give Texas some HELL, EVERY YEAR!!! We start landing more of their TX home grown talent, as the mega conferences will attract, we're could get a lot better, very fast. Then we show up at their doorstep... with a gun. ha ha. The kicker in all of this is in the far away chance that the Cornhuskers win their conference in the big 10, and CU runs the Pac 10 table.... they could meet in Pasadena and play each other for the Rose Bowl! Awesome!

    GO BUFFS!!!!!
     
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
    aik and El Gringo like this.
  8. 14er

    14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

    Joined:
    Jan 25, 2009
    Messages:
    4,992
    Likes Received:
    927
  9. buff4bcs1985

    buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2008
    Messages:
    26,004
    Likes Received:
    2,127
    Wooooooooooooooooo
     
  10. Pezman

    Pezman Member

    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2005
    Messages:
    353
    Likes Received:
    20
    Ok, so what is the earliest this would happen again? Would it be that soon? (2012) Can we just say screw it and join the damn Pac-10 now so that I can see some games here in SoCal? LOLOLOL
     

Share This Page