Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffNut99, Jun 9, 2010.
Time to raid recruits from the forgotten 4.:smile2:
Great - I will believe it when I see Larry Scott or whatever his name is announcing the accepted invites.
Maybe 5...Mizzou isn't being mentioned to the B10 talks as much...
mizzou will go after notre dame says yes or no
ha ha ha, his twitter has crashed. I'm stoked about this for many reasons.
1. Recruiting 2. Long term Viability 3. Potential 4. Rivalry:
1. I think sitting in a direct division w/ Texas, Tech, a&m, OU, OSU and the AZ's is going to be great for us and will get us back towards a recruiting formula closer to what we had when we were top 10 ranked every year. We'll aim for 40% of our kids from Texas and now that we play them annually, we'll have a much better chance of landing them. We'll get 40% of our kids from California, arguably our largest recruiting ground and hotbed for alumni. We'll spread the other 20% from our home state and local Pac X recruiting grounds. We already target NV, AZ, WA a lot. This will only solidify our grounds in those states. Rubber meets the road when Hawkins who is still in town, can't grow upon his paltry number of 5 kids on the Buffs from the state of Texas as of last year. That's an abomination. He'll be out before too long with that effort. You have to recruit in Texas, you have to recruit in Cali. No other way to be successful and no we have the automatic in to do both.
2. Pairing up with the Pac 10 that has LOADS of history will protect us. Hopefully in the end, it will encourage us to grow especially on the baseball diamond as that is a big sport of choice in the Pac 10. Recruiting will be open in those arenas as well. With a new media contract in hand, this should be heavily discussed. Pair up with Coors field or a local public sponsor, get a domed facility built and there we go. I understand that this takes time.
3. We have a historically strong program with loads of history tapping into a historically strong conference which has endured for years. This is the mega step. There really isn't anything after this outside of besides a playoffsystem down the road. We've been through some up and downs but we've survived.
4. Sucks losing Nebraska to the Big 10 but I don't think we'll be short on Rivals. I wish we could play the Cal's, UCLA's, Oregon's and the UW's of the world more but whatever. After the offseason from hell (at least to me, before now, I think I have an ulcer), and all the vitriol thrown our way from Texas, I hope that the student athletes are fired up to give Texas some HELL, EVERY YEAR!!! We start landing more of their TX home grown talent, as the mega conferences will attract, we're could get a lot better, very fast. Then we show up at their doorstep... with a gun. ha ha. The kicker in all of this is in the far away chance that the Cornhuskers win their conference in the big 10, and CU runs the Pac 10 table.... they could meet in Pasadena and play each other for the Rose Bowl! Awesome!
Sources say Colorado's mtg Tuesday night was about Pac-10 and Buffaloes will "opt out" of the Big 12. 3 minutes ago via TweetDeck
Ok, so what is the earliest this would happen again? Would it be that soon? (2012) Can we just say screw it and join the damn Pac-10 now so that I can see some games here in SoCal? LOLOLOL
Separate names with a comma.