What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chip Kelly IS leaving Oregon for the Philadelphia Eagles after all

Wow! I did not see this coming. I can't say I'm sorry to see him go. Oregon is a beast. I think we will see Chris Peterson announced before too long...unless the sanctions are too steep.

I'd like to suggest a few names to Oregon:

Dan Hawkins
Jon Embree
Dave Logan

They're all available.

If Helfrich is successful at Oregon, he could easily be at Oregon for as long as he wants much like Tom Osborne at Nebraska. It's sickening to my stomach that Helfrich was in Boulder and now is the head coach of a conference rival. I still remember that 2007 OU-CU game...Helfrich called a great offensive game against OU.

If Helfrich is successful at Oregon, he could easily be at Oregon for as long as he wants much like Tom Osborne at Nebraska. It's sickening to my stomach that Helfrich was in Boulder and now is the head coach of a conference rival. I still remember that 2007 OU-CU game...Helfrich called a great offensive game against OU.

You might want to tap the brakes on Helfrich. Holy ****. Tom Osborne?

Surprised so many of you are happy about this. The pac12 just lost its premiere coach. Oregon, most likely, will falter and not be what it has been the last couple years. It's not good for the pac12 not CU to have great programs get worse. Right now, there's about 2.5 premiere schools in the conference when it comes to football. Long term, this is bad for CU.

Surprised so many of you are happy about this. The pac12 just lost its premiere coach. Oregon, most likely, will falter and not be what it has been the last couple years. It's not good for the pac12 not CU to have great programs get worse. Right now, there's about 2.5 premiere schools in the conference when it comes to football. Long term, this is bad for CU.

It evens out over time. Oregon was never going to sustain its current success, even if Kelly had stayed. CU needs to worry about ourselves right now. The only thing we are doing right now is embarrassing the conference.

In the last 2 years we have been out scored by Oregon 115-16. I truly hope you are a success in Philly so I never have to see your ass in the Pac - 12 again. Go Eagles!

It evens out over time. Oregon was never going to sustain its current success, even if Kelly had stayed. CU needs to worry about ourselves right now. The only thing we are doing right now is embarrassing the conference.

Im not so sure about Oregon not maintaining its level of competitiveness. Sure, they won't make BCS bowl games every year like they have, but with Kelly there, I didn't see them not being competitive for conference championships every year, and national title hopes every couple years.

Its true we have to worry about ourselves, as we are a laughingstock. But I'd rather be a ****** team in a great conference than a ****** team in a good conference is all I'm saying.

Im not so sure about Oregon not maintaining its level of competitiveness. Sure, they won't make BCS bowl games every year like they have, but with Kelly there, I didn't see them not being competitive for conference championships every year, and national title hopes every couple years.

Its true we have to worry about ourselves, as we are a laughingstock. But I'd rather be a ****** team in a great conference than a ****** team in a good conference is all I'm saying.

To be a great conference, it is more than just having elite teams though. The middling teams like Oregon State, UCLA, Washington, Arizona, and Arizona State getting better would make the conference stronger.

Mikey Vick must be shattin' in his drawers, right about now.

He couldn't stay healthy as a pocket qb. I say he lasts 4 games, max.

They would have to renegotiate Vicks contract. There is no way they would pay 15.5 million each of the next two years for a QB like Vick.

I could see Helfrich being successful for the long term like Osborne at Nebraska. It makes me sick to my stomach that Helfrich couldn't be successful here at CU.

I could see Helfrich being successful for the long term like Osborne at Nebraska. It makes me sick to my stomach that Helfrich couldn't be successful here at CU.

Based on what? You could see Helfrich being one of the best college football coaches of all time?

:lol:

Kelly's offense doesn't run the QB nearly as much as people think. The threat is there to keep defenses honest, but I bet the UO QB's run much less than many other spread offenses.

Chip's QB last season ran the ball about 8 times a game - Don't think Vick needs to be too worried about extra wear and tear. He just needs to be worried that he's too expensive and too old.

Says P12 coach, not head coach. I'd suspect it's a defensive assistant from one of the North schools.

This news better not **** up the Oregon cheerleader thread.

I may be one of the few duck fans to say this, but hell no on Peterson. I don't like the track record of former bsu head coaches and he would take the offense back to the stone age. Oregon can't run a traditional offense and win consistently.
Nick Allioti?

Back