What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chip Kelly to UCLA

This is ****ty news.

We aren't going to do anything on the coaching front this year unless MM goes to Ole Miss, which I'm on the record as saying would be a stupid move for him and a terrible look for us.

Our best hope (other than MM making some real moves on the assistant front and suddenly killing it in recruiting) is that we have a great year next year, which is possible given our schedule, we win a lot of games, and MM becomes a hot name again and leaves for a good SEC job.
Why would it be a Terrible look for CU?

Well, that sucks but time for CU to bolster this staff and get rid of dead weight. Be aggressive.

Because Ole Miss is toxic and the next coach there is doomed to fail.

A P5 head coach leaving for there is going to look like he really wanted out of the situation he was in.
San Jose State looked worse than toxic when MacIntyre took it.
CU looked toxic when MacIntyre took it.
Ole Miss would be a pay increase, a return to the south and a return to a place he was a great assistant coach.

I don't think anyone nationally will look at CU negatively if this happens. It makes sense within the narrative of who MacIntyre is as a coach.

Because Ole Miss is toxic and the next coach there is doomed to fail.

A P5 head coach leaving for there is going to look like he really wanted out of the situation he was in.

Wouldn't it depend on whether the Buffs make a bowl game or not?

San Jose State looked worse than toxic when MacIntyre took it.
CU looked toxic when MacIntyre took it.
Ole Miss would be a pay increase, a return to the south and a return to a place he was a great assistant coach.

I don't think anyone nationally will look at CU negatively if this happens. It makes sense within the narrative of who MacIntyre is as a coach.

Neither SJSU nor CU were looking at serious NCAA sanctions.

SJSU was under sanctions and its administration was debating whether to drop football at the time he was hired.

San Jose was coming out of sanctions and the pressure to win there was non-existent. Not to mention he was a coordinator when he took that job, not a P5 HC.

Ole Miss is a different animal altogether. First of all, they're heading into sanctions, which could last longer than their next coach's tenure. Second of all, their administration and fan base are completely delusional about their standing in the SEC West pecking order and expect more than they're going to get. The pressure to win will be enormous, and they won't let sanctions stand in the way of expecting more than they're going to get.

Maybe you're right that people won't look down on CU for him leaving (probably because people don't think about CU at all), but you're not going to convince me it's not a stupid move for him.

He needs to wait a year. Next year is lining up to have a much better chance for a good season, he can go back in the hot coach list, and I'm sure there will be more SEC jobs available.

Do you guys really think HCMM will leave with Jay still on the team? I find that hard to see, but have no inside information/knowledge. I do think he'd be looking elsewhere after Jay graduates though.

Do you guys really think HCMM will leave with Jay still on the team? I find that hard to see, but have no inside information/knowledge. I do think he'd be looking elsewhere after Jay graduates though.
Mike transferred to GA Tech when his father resigned from Vanderbilt.

If Mac is making big time decisions like this based on where his son is playing for one more year, then his priorities are completely out of whack
And would vindicate those who were against offering Jay a scholarship to CU in the first place.

Seems like this hurts USC more than anyone-Chipper is going to do very, very well at UCLA.

I am not so sure. He can recruit! My question is, will he be able to find the kind of assistant coaching talent he had at Oregon. Scott Frost, Nick Aliotti and Helfrich were solid assistants and had a lot to do with the success at Oregon.

People who will not fail
1-Petersen will field NC quality teams year in and out
2-SC will field NC quality teams every year
3-Shaw will field top-ten teams almost every year.
4-Oregon will be back with NC quality teams every year
5-Kelly will build NC quality teams every year

People who will have great teams every few years
6-The Pirate
7-Wilcox
8-Wittingham will always be tough
11-Todd Mac Rodriguez

Sucks to be OSU

It's really going to be bizarre seeing UCLA in god awful uniforms in greens and highlighter yellows and chromes.
Fortunately they aren't an adidas school anymore and Under Armour seems dedicated to going with a "classic" look for their uniforms

Back