What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chip Kelly to UCLA

Because Ole Miss is toxic and the next coach there is doomed to fail.

A P5 head coach leaving for there is going to look like he really wanted out of the situation he was in.

Mike Riley did that that three years ago and Oregon State hired Gary Anderson fresh off a B1G championship game appearance. If MM leaves.......we're going to be fine.

I always wondered what it would be like to have my ex date my best friend.... I now know what it feels like and it sucks. I was hoping he would take the damn Florida job, but I guess I am **** out of luck.

When Oregon moneywhipped Helrfrich and Leavett into leaving Boulder, any sympathy I might have had for Uncle Phil’s Ducks disappeared.

The ONLY reason I’ll support Oregon over a Chip Kelly UCLA would involve CU’s position in the south.

only question I have about this is...has football evolved past Kelly?
It has. Nobody, I mean nobody, is using the RPO power spread these days. Plus he seems so old fashion in his analysis on TV, especially when describing that Auburn throwback off the power spread, nothing jet sweep.

People who will not fail
1-Petersen will field NC quality teams year in and out
2-SC will field NC quality teams every year
3-Shaw will field top-ten teams almost every year.
4-Oregon will be back with NC quality teams every year
5-Kelly will build NC quality teams every year

People who will have great teams every few years
6-The Pirate
7-Wilcox
8-Wittingham will always be tough
11-Todd Mac Rodriguez

Sucks to be OSU

Four Pac-12 teams will be NC quality every year.:ROFLMAO:

I never understood why CU fans want him back as an OC. He didn’t do squat at CU and Kelly ran the offense at UO. Helfrich has the personality of a wet blanket.

Doubt many CU fans want Heldrich back at this point. But he did raise the average coaching chops during the Hawkins error.

We’ve heard CU can’t have nice things. Losing Helfrich was a case where CU couldn’t even have mildly defective things.

Four Pac-12 teams will be NC quality every year.:ROFLMAO:

I said NC quality...not go to the playoffs. Probably no one in the PAC 12 makes the playoffs cause they lose to one another.

When Kelly was at Oregon did he build NC quality teams?
Is Petersen building NC quality teams?
Will USC field NC quality teams?
Does Shaw get close?

Helfrich did a good job at ASU and then was rowing against a tidal wave of puke within Hawkins' staff here. He did a hell of a job as Kelly's OC at Oregon.

I think that the issue with Helfrich is that he's not someone who commands the room like a HC needs to be able to do. As an OC under the right HC, he's damn good at his job.

I said NC quality...not go to the playoffs. Probably no one in the PAC 12 makes the playoffs cause they lose to one another.

Does Shaw get close?

All four field good to very good teams. None are perennial NC title contenders. But keep feeding that "poor ole CU" narrative you love.

Amazing how fast that happened.

Like they had a plan and didn't drag **** out forever.

If we lose Mac, it will take 4 months to hire a coach.

I have trouble seeing RG going into a coach search without a plan and then being indecisive or unable to close. Is that your impression of him?

I think the slow hiring process is MacIntyre and MacIntyre exclusively. If anything, that’s another positive about the job, it certainly looks from the inside and outside that RG will let his coaches have control over everything and will support him/her with whatever he or she needs. Maybe I’m just too biased in favor of RG.

No-I think RG has a plan if Mac leaves for Oxford. We know RG and Les Miles are friends, correct? They've probably had informal conversations about the job-either Les is a resource for RG......or somebody we'd probably move pretty quickly on MM does bolt. That'd be a hell of a hire for us if MM leaves-one of very few guys who are still coaching with an NC.

Last edited:

Not sure where you are getting this from. We’ve seen nothing from RG that indicates he drags things out.

Does Shaw get close?
No, not really. Washington had one season where they looked the part and they got absolutely smoked by the NC runner-up.

Oregon had a nice run in the Pac with Kelly, but only one year where they were all that close, and they got dominated by Auburn.

SC hasn’t been Natty caliber since Pete Carroll.

I hope CU doesn’t languish trying to fill its next HC vacancy.

Just seems like the carousel rewards big and rich programs who proactively make their intentions made.

CU is at risk of MM being poached and then fighting for scraps after the dust settle with bigger and more respected programs.

It sets CU up for the retread market (miles) or the promoted coordinator sweepstakes, or to poach someone from fhe MWC, G5 or lower.

It would be breathtaking for CU to nab an HC from the upper half of a P5 program.

I have trouble seeing RG going into a coach search without a plan and then being indecisive or unable to close. Is that your impression of him?

Good point. I'm more reflecting on how things have been done previously.

I would HOPE we have a better experience. But I find it a fools game to expect more from CU in most all areas. I expected a 7 win season this year.. Look what happened to that!

Good point. I'm more reflecting on how things have been done previously.

I would HOPE we have a better experience. But I find it a fools game to expect more from CU in most all areas. I expected a 7 win season this year.. Look what happened to that!
7 wins?

Joking, but it's actually still very possible. :)

No, not really. Washington had one season where they looked the part and they got absolutely smoked by the NC runner-up.

Oregon had a nice run in the Pac with Kelly, but only one year where they were all that close, and they got dominated by Auburn.

SC hasn’t been Natty caliber since Pete Carroll.

I dont know. Minus one injury here, plus one injury there, a big play here and lack of execution there...there are a handful of teams any year that no one would be shocked if they won the NC - or else we wouldn't watch. I think Oregon had those teams, I think UW is building those teams, I think SC will have those teams again...

I dont know. Minus one injury here, plus one injury there, a big play here and lack of execution there...there are a handful of teams any year that no one would be shocked if they won the NC - or else we wouldn't watch. I think Oregon had those teams, I think UW is building those teams, I think SC will have those teams again...
I think USC has one of those teams this year. If they sneak in, Darnold can beat anyone on any given night.

So if a team never has to deal with injuries, bad breaks, tough matchups, untimely turnovers, they’d be NC caliber... got it.

And everybody likes to pump up the parity in college football and how everyone has a chance, but realistically, there are 4-5 teams that actually have a chance to win a Natty in any given year.

So if a team never has to deal with injuries, bad breaks, tough matchups, untimely turnovers, they’d be NC caliber... got it.

And everybody likes to pump up the parity in college football and how everyone has a chance, but realistically, there are 4-5 teams that actually have a chance to win a Natty in any given year.
QFT...but Bowls!

Not what I am saying. Teams have to deal with injury and circumstance sure. ...but the good and bad breaks that teams face each year aren't even. Luck has a huge role in who makes it and who wins. Otherwise I think Alabama wins every year.

Not what I am saying. Teams have to deal with injury and circumstance sure. ...but the good and bad breaks that teams face each year aren't even. Luck has a huge role in who makes it and who wins. Otherwise I think Alabama wins every year.
Well, the last 8 years, we’ve seen Bama play in the NC 5 times, winning it 4 times. Every now and then, one of the other elite programs is able to knock them off.

Back