1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chris Dempsey - Denver Post writer for CU basketball

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

It's been really interesting to follow his tweets during CU media day.

dempseypost

Here are a few that were really interesting:

CU star Alec Burks said he was seriously thinking of transferring after the coaching change: "I was 70-80 percent gone"

But coach Tad Boyle's trip to MO to talk 2 Burks' family was key: "He calmed me down. I listened to what he had to say. And I believed him."

Coach Boyle and players say the insinuation CU leaving the Big 12 makes the conference stronger is a motivating factor

Boyle: "We have to play with a chip on our shoulder. We are Colorado basketball. We have everything we need here to be successful."

2. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i was a big fan of Dempsey when he was at the Camera. a guy who seemed to watch college basketball games and actually wrote about CU hoops!

honestly i don't care about insinuations and think that has to be a minor motivation. "we are Colorado basketball"? only Nebraska has less NCAA tournament success than us in the Big 8 and Big XII eras. i like that Boyle isn't crying about what he doesn't have vs. some others on and off the record......

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  3. SteelCity Buff

SteelCity Buff Member

Unfortunately, I think Dempsey is still on the Nugs' beat. I'm guessing he's filling in while Kensler covers the fb team.

4. Goose

Goose Hoops Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Dempsey seems to be a "jack of all trades" guy right now. He's covering CU football, CU basketball and the Nugs pre-season so far. If he does cover the Nugs, he won't be the main guy as Ben Hochman is still doing that beat.