What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Chris Fowler is leaving Gameday

CU is represented really well in national sports media...Fowler, Cutter and Klatt come to mind immediately.

Klatt has had an amazing rise to national media prominence. In roughly 8 years, he went from CO high school football sideline reporter to one of Fox's top college football analysts and he even does NFL in-game updates. Best part is his Wikipedia picture, though... :lol:

klatt.jpg

ESPN really doesn't like CU. They threw to commercial saying that Chris Fowler had been hosting the show since Georgia Tech last won a NC. At this point it has to be intentional, right?

He'll be replaced by rece Davis.

i figure he has enough on his plate and wants to cut back and focus on his play by play role.

...at which he sucks ass.

Same could be said for Musberger from his time on The NFL Today, then he only replaced Keith Jackson as the voice of college football for this younger generation.

:wtf: Mooseboogers is about 80 years old, he doesn't connect with the younger generation. Oh, you're saying Fowler's trying to suck more than 'boogers. Now I get it.

...at which he sucks ass.

:wtf: Mooseboogers is about 80 years old, he doesn't connect with the younger generation. Oh, you're saying Fowler's trying to suck more than 'boogers. Now I get it.

you must have an eaten a **** sandwich for dinner last night. Hope you feel better today.

I will defend Musberger until the day of his death because of this:

[video=youtube_share;lCB0j79B7jw]http://youtu.be/lCB0j79B7jw[/video]

you must have an eaten a **** sandwich for dinner last night. Hope you feel better today.

Commenting is a tough job and almost no one is good at it. Fowler is decidedly on the disappointing side. He is supposed to be the PxP guy, but says a lot of stupid stuff that didn't actually happen. Obvious stuff. His forté is sitting comfortably in a studio, playing reasonable guy to Corso's wild man.

Commenting is a tough job and almost no one is good at it. Fowler is decidedly on the disappointing side. He is supposed to be the PxP guy, but says a lot of stupid stuff that didn't actually happen. Obvious stuff. His forté is sitting comfortably in a studio, playing reasonable guy to Corso's wild man.

As much as I like Fowler I tend to agree with you. He isn't bad at PxP but he also isn't anything special at it. Doesn't bring a lot of insight or color to the action. On the other hand he is very good at studio analysis, very good at providing a rational voice that doesn't go overboard to the positive or the negative.

At the same time when Gameday started it was about the game, about the days action, about setting up and promoting a big day of college football. Over the years it has become more and more about trying to be clever, promoting the show itself and those things that ESPN wants to emphasize (SEC,SEC,SEC,SEC, Longhorns, SEC, SEC,SEC) The further the show gets from sports journalism and into trying to be its own form of entertainment the less well he is suited for his role in it.

Musbuerger, Corso, and that spitting, slobbering fool, Holtz, all need to go away.

Musbuerger has a big name, Corso makes a living of playing the fool, and Holtz gets more attention for being hated than most guys ever get for being good.

All three will be around (and well paid for it) as long as the programming department thinks they bring more viewers than their replacements would.

Is it possible that Fowler is just tired of spending 80% of his gameday time talking about the $EC.

I will defend Musberger until the day of his death because of this:

[video=youtube_share;lCB0j79B7jw]http://youtu.be/lCB0j79B7jw[/video]

don't understand, you mean because he supported women's sports at the end? he hates treehuggers? don't get the love based on this.

don't understand, you mean because he supported women's sports at the end? he hates treehuggers? don't get the love based on this.

He's a college football fan. He called out a bunch of degenerates who were trying to slow the progress of the sport he loves. And hey, Three for One is a pretty good deal if you're a tree hugger!

Mostly, I just don't ever remember a play-by-play guy getting that animated on the air over something that had nothing whatsoever to do with the game on the field. That, plus he's totally right.

He's a college football fan. He called out a bunch of degenerates who were trying to slow the progress of the sport he loves. And hey, Three for One is a pretty good deal if you're a tree hugger!

Mostly, I just don't ever remember a play-by-play guy getting that animated on the air over something that had nothing whatsoever to do with the game on the field. That, plus he's totally right.

It must be you. I didn't think it was all that great either.

Back