What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Clownahan firing and effect on recruits...

POS huh??? Well at least the POS did great things with this program. He is doing a hell of a lot more than other AD's would do considering he is out on the recruiting trail trying to save recruits.

you think he needs a medal for that? he FIRED the coach.

My alltime favorite BUFFs names are:
Akarika Dawn
Rashaan Salaam
Maa Tanavasa

One of these players went to the University of Hawaii. I'll let you sort that one out.:smile2:

Perhaps you are thinking of Vili Maumau or Vaka Manapuna?

Last edited:
No and I didn't say that either. However, what would other AD's do? They probably wouldn't do anything until the new coach was announced. At least he is making an effort in respect to the recruits.

are you serious? we are supposed to revere TO now because he made his own bed and has to lie in it? :lol: or are we supposed to be in awe of your estimation on what other ADs "probably" would or wouldn't do?

whether they would or wouldn't, please explain how hitting the recruiting trail devoids TO from the title of POS that you were objecting to.

POS huh??? Well at least the POS did great things with this program. He is doing a hell of a lot more than other AD's would do considering he is out on the recruiting trail trying to save recruits.

Refering to TO as a POS was a little OTT. :huh:

That said, what can Dr. Tom tell them? He's selling them on a storied tradtion while the last great Husker team played it's game when these kids were 7 or 8 years old? These kids don't have any idea who Mike Rozzier or Johnny Rocket are. Some of them do have Bob Stoops and Urban Meyer knocking on their door and a lot of the NFL twinking in their eyes.

You need a coach ASAP.

Refering to TO as a POS was a little OTT. :huh:

i think it a serious error in judgment thinking that football is the required element to save someone's life who displays absolutely zero empathy in the quality of life of others.

i think it a serious error in judgment elevating that person to the status that his talents supercede decency in placing him on the field in exchange for a national title hope.

i think it a serious error in judgment allowing "america's classiest" to mock the death of a rival team's athlete, and not question or even make a peep of an outcry against a classless demonstration.

i think it a serious error in judgment having any connection to an incident which kept a piece of potential evidence from the law.

are these behaviors "OTT"? they clearly are not the behaviors of anyone i would hold as a role model. nor is his hitting the recruit trail now going to prompt me to enshrine the man.

if cornh8tr thinks him a pos, then i am not going to naysay him. i do not think to a saint.

i think it a serious error in judgment thinking that football is the required element to save someone's life who displays absolutely zero empathy in the quality of life of others.

i think it a serious error in judgment elevating that person to the status that his talents supercede decency in placing him on the field in exchange for a national title hope.

i think it a serious error in judgment allowing "america's classiest" to mock the death of a rival team's athlete, and not question or even make a peep of an outcry against a classless demonstration.

i think it a serious error in judgment having any connection to an incident which kept a piece of potential evidence from the law.

are these behaviors "OTT"? they clearly are not the behaviors of anyone i would hold as a role model. nor is his hitting the recruit trail now going to prompt me to enshrine the man.

if cornh8tr thinks him a pos, then i am not going to naysay him. i do not think to a saint.

I never called him a role model. I said calling him a POS was OTT.

Can you prove any of those acusations? I know we caught him voting us 3rd in the coaches poll but beyond that I don't see it.

My small level of respect for him lies in the fact that he put a very competeive winner on the field year after year. The difference between then and now is the playing field was not level for the rest of us outside the 20 best teams which it now is. Dr. Tom probably would not be as successful today as he was then.

I never called him a role model. I said calling him a POS was OTT.

Can you prove any of those acusations? I know we caught him voting us 3rd in the coaches poll but beyond that I don't see it.

My small level of respect for him lies in the fact that he put a very competeive winner on the field year after year. The difference between then and now is the playing field was not level for the rest of us outside the 20 best teams which it now is. Dr. Tom probably would not be as successful today as he was then.

to himself said he felt lp needed football to save him. check.

to himself put lp on the field of play in barter for a nc. check.

to said nothing, NOT A WORD against the sal signs. he was in a position to censure the fans responsible, but did not. check.

the gun part, well i would hardly be crawling around under any desk in the nu athletic department. i will pass on "proving" this one. you get 1/4.

clearly, i require a great deal more out of a person to earn my respect.

are you serious? we are supposed to revere TO now because he made his own bed and has to lie in it? :lol: or are we supposed to be in awe of your estimation on what other ADs "probably" would or wouldn't do?

whether they would or wouldn't, please explain how hitting the recruiting trail devoids TO from the title of POS that you were objecting to.

Well it shows that he cares about this university and not just about the f**king money like Pedersen did. It's not a business to him it's a way of life. I don't expect you to understand nor do I want you to. It's a passion that this man has and he really cares about his players and these recruits. If he didn't he would sit there like other AD's do and just wait to name a coach and if recruits jumped ship they jumped ship.

If you look at the walk-on program it pretty much disappeared under Callahan and Pedersen's reign. T.O. said that this is what this football program lived upon. It lived upon guys willing to sacrifice their bodies for the love of the game and the love of this program. That is something right there that alot of coaches don't understand. Instead they would rather go to California and find a 5 star running back who wants his ass kissed while he goes through the motions in practice expecting to start the whole damn time. To me that is outstanding when someone is willing to give a kid a chance who has worked his a$$ off in practice to play in the game. That shows me that he cares. Did I ever say he was perfect? No, I didn't and I'm sure I only praised him on the fact that he is on the recruiting trail and that I trust him in his decision making. Your the one that brings up crap from the past that is just that........IN THE PAST! Move on because that crap is done and over with.

Am I supposed to be in awe of your numerous posts where you point things out to me that I could really give two s*&ts about?

He's selling them on a steroid tradtion while the last great Husker team played it's game when these kids were 7 or 8 years old?

All the right letters were there. Just had to give you a little help getting them in the right order... :thumbsup:

Well it shows that he cares about this university and not just about the f**king money like Pedersen did. It's not a business to him it's a way of life. I don't expect you to understand nor do I want you to. It's a passion that this man has and he really cares about his players and these recruits. If he didn't he would sit there like other AD's do and just wait to name a coach and if recruits jumped ship they jumped ship.

athletic director means you take care of all athletics, not just football. I went to the game last friday with my brothers and one of my brothers friends who happens to play baseball for the cornholes. I asked him how the AD is treating them, he said we haven't seen him yet. by the way he wore bronco stuff, nothing red. Thanks for the neg rep, that says **** you douchebag, classy!

*ebraska turning to TO to "restore the order" is like Pederson turning to Callahan for the HC 4 years ago..... who else is there??

yea like hiding guns and putting and keeping a convicted running back on the team because he needed a sense of community. Yea he did great things for the program!

yea like hiding guns and putting and keeping a convicted running back on the team because he needed a sense of community. Yea he did great things for the program!

C'mon. At least look at how LP turned out. Think about how it might have been without football to guide him into his respectable life.....wait, it didn't do jack for LP other than give him a NC ring to sell at a pawn shop for some quick cash.:huh:

it didn't do jack for LP other than give him a NC ring to sell at a pawn shop for some quick cash.:huh:

yes it did, it taught him how to run over young boys who punked and schooled his ass in flag football on a playground..... :wink2:

and you have to realize he raised the bar for others that follow.... such as Mo Purify.....:thumbsup:

If you look at the walk-on program it pretty much disappeared under Callahan and Pedersen's reign. T.O. said that this is what this football program lived upon. It lived upon guys willing to sacrifice their bodies for the love of the game and the love of this program. That is something right there that alot of coaches don't understand. Instead they would rather go to California and find a 5 star running back who wants his ass kissed while he goes through the motions in practice expecting to start the whole damn time. To me that is outstanding when someone is willing to give a kid a chance who has worked his a$$ off in practice to play in the game. That shows me that he cares. Did I ever say he was perfect? No, I didn't and I'm sure I only praised him on the fact that he is on the recruiting trail and that I trust him in his decision making. Your the one that brings up crap from the past that is just that........IN THE PAST! Move on because that crap is done and over with.

Am I supposed to be in awe of your numerous posts where you point things out to me that I could really give two s*&ts about?

1. at least we can both agree that i do not have to accept the myopic red koolaid spin that lincoln puts out. the fact that kids are willing to sacrifice is a positive reflection on the KID, and not on tom. hats off to them, but their efforts do not saint the old fart.

2. while you may have not said he was a role model, dusty did. he is bound to come across this and read it. YOU fell apart because someone else called tom a POS. i pointed out that there were reasons for that person to say what he did. no need to fall apart and cry that it was all in the past - it directly relates to the original point of contention.

3. please tell me that you are aware of the factors at large which would CAUSE the walk on program as it ran under tom to disintegrate. YES, it was a strength. the NCAA took it away, and tom jumped ship the first second he could after their decision. DID YOU NEVER CONNECT THE DOTS? if you didn't, then it is hardly the fault of anyone on a buff board. pedey did not kill your walk-on program. cally didn't. mighty midget the first did not. the NCAA did.

of course, the fact that the ncaa did that might be something you do not give two ****s about. its easier to blame someone not involved, isn't it? :smile2:

athletic director means you take care of all athletics, not just football. I went to the game last friday with my brothers and one of my brothers friends who happens to play baseball for the cornholes. I asked him how the AD is treating them, he said we haven't seen him yet. by the way he wore bronco stuff, nothing red. Thanks for the neg rep, that says **** you douchebag, classy!

I haven't heard that being reported since it isn't baseball season right now. I know that he has been at the basketball games and the volleyball games from reports from people at the games. Oh, and your welcome for the rep. :thumbsup:

1. at least we can both agree that i do not have to accept the myopic red koolaid spin that lincoln puts out. the fact that kids are willing to sacrifice is a positive reflection on the KID, and not on tom. hats off to them, but their efforts do not saint the old fart.

2. while you may have not said he was a role model, dusty did. he is bound to come across this and read it. YOU fell apart because someone else called tom a POS. i pointed out that there were reasons for that person to say what he did. no need to fall apart and cry that it was all in the past - it directly relates to the original point of contention.

3. please tell me that you are aware of the factors at large which would CAUSE the walk on program as it ran under tom to disintegrate. YES, it was a strength. the NCAA took it away, and tom jumped ship the first second he could after their decision. DID YOU NEVER CONNECT THE DOTS? if you didn't, then it is hardly the fault of anyone on a buff board. pedey did not kill your walk-on program. cally didn't. mighty midget the first did not. the NCAA did.

of course, the fact that the ncaa did that might be something you do not give two ****s about. its easier to blame someone not involved, isn't it? :smile2:

I've never heard of the NCAA limiting a walk-on program or whatever your referring to. The only thing that I remember is the NCAA limiting scholorships. Now if you are referring to Tom giving scholorships to walk-ons then I can see what you are saying. However, when I think of a walk on it is someone who would go to Nebraska because they weren't recruited by them. However, they did want to play for the program so they attempted to get a roster spot by trying out for the team.

Also, I love how when someone responds to one of your posts you automatically say that they are "falling apart" or "crying." I'm just not willing to let you ramble on without responding to your posts. :smile2:

you seriously did that because he has a difference of opinion than you???

wow. :wow: just wow.

Actually, not that it really pertains to you, I did that because he called him a P.O.S. I would do the same to you. You don't see me coming on here and calling Hawk or someone else from the Buffs past/present a P.O.S. There have been other posters on this thread that have posted their feelings on T.O. in a more respectful way. They have stated they disagree with some of the things he has done in the past and don't think he is the savior that NU fans want to think. I can understand where they are coming from and appreciate their opinions.

Que the "Your on a Buffs board and blah blah blah B.S."

I've never heard of the NCAA limiting a walk-on program or whatever your referring to. The only thing that I remember is the NCAA limiting scholorships. Now if you are referring to Tom giving scholorships to walk-ons then I can see what you are saying. However, when I think of a walk on it is someone who would go to Nebraska because they weren't recruited by them. However, they did want to play for the program so they attempted to get a roster spot by trying out for the team.

Also, I love how when someone responds to one of your posts you automatically say that they are "falling apart" or "crying." I'm just not willing to let you ramble on without responding to your posts. :smile2:

connect the dots sherlock. when tom funds the in state kids with academic schollies and tends to use the athletic schollies elsewhere, then when the funds dry up, the huge draw to walk on dries up. in other words, the kids were looking out for number one all along, suprising as that concept may be to you.

i inferred that you were falling apart owing to two factors: the excessive passion behind your original post, combined with the fact that you saw it necessary to neg rep the post owing to a difference of opinion. combined, it shows cornh8tr got under your skin.

connect the dots sherlock. when tom funds the in state kids with academic schollies and tends to use the athletic schollies elsewhere, then when the funds dry up, the huge draw to walk on dries up. in other words, the kids were looking out for number one all along, suprising as that concept may be to you.

i inferred that you were falling apart owing to two factors: the excessive passion behind your original post, combined with the fact that you saw it necessary to neg rep the post owing to a difference of opinion. combined, it shows cornh8tr got under your skin.

Okay, your right. There do you feel better. :wink2:

congratulations. you know where you are! :thumbsup: now if we can get you to tie your shoes and hold your own drool cup, you may demonstrate hope of rehabilitation. :smile2:

Well, if we could get you to pull your lower lip over your head and swallow the board might be a better place to visit. :thumbsup:

Well, if we could get you to pull your lower lip over your head and swallow the board might be a better place to visit. :thumbsup:

trust me, with your crazy ideas still floating around, the board would disintegrate. :thumbsup:

if you want a big red love fest based on a half-****ed premise, i assure you there are many options out there. don't expect us to toot it over here.

trust me, with your crazy ideas still floating around, the board would disintegrate. :thumbsup:

if you want a big red love fest based on a half-****ed premise, i assure you there are many options out there. don't expect us to toot it over here.

Here we go again with the same old posts. Like I said before que the "This is a buffs board and if don't like it blah blah blah." You would argue with me about the sky being blue just to try and make a point. :lol:

a snippet for you from the LSJ: interview with Tim Cassidy AAD (and SOB, South Omaha Boy that is) and TO, to me this alludes to either Bo or Gill taking the HC and keeping SOME current staffers, I think Watson has a good chance to stay for sure, I would expect 3-4 keepers on board for next year (Watson, Wagner, Wyatt, Gilmore,and maybe Busch) and maybe 1-2 changes in the couple years to follow to those remaining so the transition is not dramatic on the kids. If TO was leaning toward a wholesale change of staff (like he would have to do with any of the other candidates) he would not be burning up official visits of theirs.... but hey I could be wrong, just my gut feeling on this. A new HC, DC and possibly OC depending on which of the 2 it is, if it is Gill, Watson will be on thinner ice than with Bo.

What does Osborne tell these kids?

Speaking Wednesday night on the Husker Sports Network’s “Sports Nightly,” Osborne said he’d stress what future players can count on during these uncertain times: Academics, excellent facilities, fan support, quality of life.

“And then we certainly have tradition that would indicate that we have a very good chance to get back to being a dominant football team sometime in the near future,” Osborne said.

Normally, under NCAA rules, only coaches can go on the road recruiting. But according to Cassidy, when there are sudden coaching changes, there is a provision that anybody within the program can be activated as a recruiter, provided that person passes a test.

When your “anybody” is a Hall of Fame coach with three national championship rings, you go with him.

“He’s been a big asset to us in recruiting,” Cassidy said.

Cassidy can’t say specifically where Osborne will be recruiting. But Osborne isn’t the only one on the road for Nebraska. All Husker assistant coaches, except for Phil Elmassian and Kevin Cosgrove, are gone this week, visiting their normal recruiting areas. Schools can only send out seven recruiters.

“Their willingness to go out and do this shows to me that these guys have an interest in being here,” Cassidy said. “It speaks volumes for them, because they’re quality coaches and they’re quality men.

“They’re out doing their absolute best to sell the University of Nebraska. I suspect they’ve had to answer some difficult questions.”

With Osborne out of the office recruiting, and with no interim coach in place, Cassidy and other members of the Nebraska support staff are working to keep things afloat in Lincoln.

Back