1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Co Springs Bar

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by jjbuffs13, Aug 29, 2012.

1. jjbuffs13

jjbuffs13 Well-Known Member

Looking for a bar in Colorado Springs that is Buff friendly. Can't make it up Saturday (read: refuse to go to RMS while at Invesco) and wanted to find a place here where I could watch the game without being the vast minority. Anyone know of a place?

2. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

DO NOT I repeat DO NOT go to fox and the hound - its a nubs bar : (

3. jjbuffs13

I figured that one out really quick at the end of last year. there is a car wash in Monument that advertises as the Buff Car Wash with flags and stuff, tempted to go by and ask them

4. buffalocu81

buffalocu81 New Member

No bar is a real Buff bar. They are huge on the AF Falcons. Best bet is Buffalo Wild Wings on North Academy.

5. Tea Rex

Tea Rex Club Member Club Member

Yep get there early

6. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

The better question is whether or not any bars actually use Comcast and not DirecTV...

Is going to a bar to see the game a real option? I have no idea.

7. SuperD

SuperD Club Member Club Member

Truth, I grew up in the Springs and I'm not sure why there isn't more Buff support down there. If I had to guess its because while I know a ton of folks I grew up with in the Springs who went to CU, I don't think I know a single person who moved back there after graduation.

8. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

We need to replace the CSU game with an annual game against Air Force. We could play it on campus, get national attention, and build support in Colorado's 2nd largest city. It would be much more appealing on so many levels.

9. CUFan

CUFan Welcome back Club Member

+1.

10. DesertDawg526

+2

11. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

Yeah, my opinion from growing up in the Springs is that it is more of an Air Force and even CSU town than a CU town. Went to Champps at Briargate Crossing to watch the CU-Hawaii game last fall. Some douche OU fan insisted on having the big screen show the second half of OU and some team OU was beating by five TDs. Staff refused to change it despite the fact there were several other Buff fans and even non-Buff fans asking for the change. So, I guess I wouldn't recommend Champps for Saturday.

12. NashBuff

NashBuff CSU Knob-Slobberer

+3

13. buffwoman526

buffwoman526 Club Member Club Member

They are an Ohio State bar so make sure there are no time conflicts.

14. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

15. jjbuffs13

16. azbuff

azbuff Club Member Club Member

17. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

TVGuide says FX. Guess the article is incorrect. My point was that the PAC-12 network not required for this weekend's game.

18. DesertDawg526

Not for everyone:huh:

19. skibum

skibum Peed in your Cheerios. Club Member

While I really, really agree with you - I'm not sure if you (or many other people today) are aware of why we haven't played AFA in a few decades.

It's not because we haven't been interested, apparently we've approached them once or twice, and they have politely, but firmly, declined. The last time we had a home and home with them (back in the 70's), the cadets were treated very, very, very, very poorly by both the students and the Boulder locals. The AFA Superintendent at the time vowed that they would never again subject the cadets to that sort of environment - and, for better or worse, military institutions of all types, but especially the service academies, have very long institutional memories.

You and I both know that it is very unlikely that similar events would unfold if we were to play them in a home and home again, but from what I've heard our AD hasn't even been able to begin to make those arguments. A simple, firm and polite "we're sorry, we're just not interested and it would be a waste of everyone's time to pursue this further" is pretty much what we get.

My personal suspicion is that we are going to have to play them in a bowl game, and demonstrate that our students and fans will treat them with the respect that they in fact deserve in that environment, before they will seriously consider a home and home with us again. :sad1: