What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach MacIntyre on Jim Rome This Morning

Yeah. It was entertaining when Jim Everett smacked the taste out of that little douche's mouth.

I'm glad MM got some publicity, but I'm not going to click a link to Jim Romes show.
Just like I click every **** bailer link that comes my way, to let the media know that we don't want that story to die, I will click on positive CU links like this.

I admit that back in the early 90s, living in San Diego, I listened to Van Smack. It was entertaining to a point. Then it got old. But one thing that I think Rome has always excelled at, is being prepared for interviews. He has (or, had) a very strong staff that wrote and produced the show. One of the best parts of the show in the early days, was that even though it was a local SoCal show, it had guests from all over the nation. Not many local shows do that. And in my view, he consistently showed well in those interviews.

Just like I click every **** bailer link that comes my way, to let the media know that we don't want that story to die, I will click on positive CU links like this.

I admit that back in the early 90s, living in San Diego, I listened to Van Smack. It was entertaining to a point. Then it got old. But one thing that I think Rome has always excelled at, is being prepared for interviews. He has (or, had) a very strong staff that wrote and produced the show. One of the best parts of the show in the early days, was that even though it was a local SoCal show, it had guests from all over the nation. Not many local shows do that. And in my view, he consistently showed well in those interviews.
He fully acknowledges that people that just tune into his show casually every now and then, aren't really going to like it (hence why so many in this thread seem to hate it), and that you have to give it at least 2 full weeks (10 shows) to fully appreciate his style, format and being to understand the humor and inside jokes.

It's actually very similar to Allbuffs, in that regard, IMO.

He fully acknowledges that people that just tune into his show casually every now and then, aren't really going to like it (hence why so many in this thread seem to hate it), and that you have to give it at least 2 full weeks (10 shows) to fully appreciate his style, format and being to understand the humor and inside jokes.

It's actually very similar to Allbuffs, in that regard, IMO.
DRUUUUUG TEST!

Reactions: aik
Ok. I listened. You're right - very solid interview and he knew his facts. I still want to punch him in the face whenever I see that pompous smirk of his, but this was good.

As I said before, I've felt there's been something about MacIntyer that's a little awkward. But now I'm wondering if that impression has more to do with the quality of the interviewers to this point than the interviewee. I'm willing to consider that now.

I listend to his show in the past on AM radio (all I could get involving sports) he actually grows on you a little over time. I heard him do a rant one time about Halloween and it was freak'n hilarious. I found the you tube link. Enjoy

Someone imbed the you tube of Jim Everet spiking his punk ass. Best response to smack talk by a talking head ever!

I never cared for Rome's arrogance but listened because of the interviews. He's a good interviewer and has a big rolodex.

Does he still talk in that contrived delivery, and have the 'clones' and 'takes' shtick? If so will never listen can't stand that garbage...

I like Frank Caliendo as Jim Rome much better than Jim Rome.

That's pretty good, but he's missing the trademark "pause". Rome has a habit of extended pauses during sentences. His sentences can last longer than most CSU offensive drives.

That's pretty good, but he's missing the trademark "pause". Rome has a habit of extended pauses during sentences. His sentences can last longer than most CSU offensive drives.
I believe that happens when his production assistants are talking to him, and he is trying to absorb what they are saying so he can then say it on air. But yes, he has had those pauses - not usually during interviews though - mostly during the regular shtick when he is trying to be funny.

This one is better, IMO. If you just listen to the audio, it's pretty spot on.

I almost posted the same thing. That's a station in Houston and I've heard Adam Clanton do impersonations a number of times. That was when Travis had a show on the station. They did a version of the smack off that was hilarious. I'll have to see if that's out there somewhere. I agree that Adam does a better impersonation than Frank

I almost posted the same thing. That's a station in Houston and I've heard Adam Clanton do impersonations a number of times. That was when Travis had a show on the station. They did a version of the smack off that was hilarious. I'll have to see if that's out there somewhere. I agree that Adam does a better impersonation than Frank
Definitely post it if you find it. That was uncanny. Paper crumble and all.

When we win this game, I want HCMM on Jim Rome the following week from now on.

Definitely post it if you find it. That was uncanny. Paper crumble and all.
Here is Smack Off on a Mobile
http://takebox.stucknut.com/?id=163d
It's pretty funny and includes Travis Rodgers going off on Rome for screwing him. I think they ended up getting in some legal trouble for this. Cablinasian at 26:00 was pretty classic (mostly just bagging on Rome, and a "hookers and blow" reference).

They did another one the next year, but it wasn't as good. Here are a couple of clips:

Back