1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coach MacIntyre talks about Pac-12 meetings and spring practices

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by cmgoods, May 7, 2014.

1. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Miller's good to have covering things.

3. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Definitely. If he dislikes us, he hides his contempt infinitely better than Ted Miller or that little Mogwai who replaced him ever could.

4. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

the videos like this probably contribute to why people feel that Mac isn't a great recruiter. He doesn't have that politician-like charisma. He knows his ****, but is not the extroverted or dynamic type.

5. letsgoavs192

letsgoavs192 Well-Known Member

Dumb question.... I've seen the plans and videos of the new facilities. They are impressive but they aren't really going to be "the best in the country" like coach Mac says are they? I assume he is just saying that?

6. Buffnik

Depends on how you define "best". There are lots of shops with "world's best coffee" out there.

It won't be the biggest. It won't be the most over-the-top. But it may very well have benefited from learning what others have done, implementing the best of those ideas that had the most impact, and pairing it with a recruiting pitch room that overlooks Folsom and the Flatirons (best view in the country for football at any level for my money).

I have long said that this stadium project is about removing a major recruiting disadvantage. So I always saw this as being at least as much about taking facilities out of the recruiting equation by being on par with our competition, which allows all of CU's inherent advantages to kick in. But I think I may have under appreciated just how nice and impactful these facilities are going to be to allow HCMM to sell another major positive on top of the other pitches in his bag. If he delivers a bowl season, CU should be able to compete with anyone on the recruiting trail again.

7. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

I believe what they are doing in conjunction with the sports medicine side of things is pure genius. You don't have to be the biggest to be the best. They are focusing on quality and content vs size.

8. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

"Best" is all in the eye of the beholder. Everyone always references the facilities at Oregon as terrific, and indeed they do have every bell & whistle. However, for my taste, the modern design is unattractive now and most certainly will look dated in not too many years. It's akin to the split level house built in 1973 - liked then, reviled today. The genius in the CU campus design is sticking to the classic look that all the buildings have. I have no doubt that once complete they will be on par with anything else in the country.

9. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

that is definitely not what she said......

10. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

If you look at what they did a few years ago for the new student athlete & football facilities at KU, so far it hasn't translated into the recruiting bonanza they thought it would. In any case, I can't help but believe that the Buffs new facilities will help recruiting as the P-12 is a far better conference to compete in and destination than Kansas or the rest of the B-12 will ever be.

11. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

I've had that feeling as well, since his first press conference. I've noticed he has gotten better, although still not great, on camera. One thing that's given me some faith in his recruiting is the proving grounds and other practice vids. He seems much more composed and charismatic talking to the team.

12. Buffnik

Tad's not the most charismatic on-camera guy either. But both of them are so present when they're talking to someone one-on-one. You don't have to be slick. Being completely dialed in to the conversation, knowing your **** inside and out, and having unabridged confidence in what you're selling goes an awful long way. Much like what we've seen in basketball recruiting, I think it's very much a matter of "just get them on campus for an OV" with MacIntyre and his football recruiting. Get a recruit immersed in this place with the one-on-one time and I love our chances.

13. gone native

gone native Club Member Club Member

Hey - split level homes homes can look great!
    Zipper-House.jpg