1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coach Mac's Editorial re: Agent Paying Players

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by InTheBuff, Oct 15, 2010.

1. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

2. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

Outfrickin'standing. Mac is a stand up guy. Luchs is slime, Mac didn't say it directly, but I will. Bravo Mac, well said.

3. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

That is good stuff. He does a nice job of promoting the university in that letter.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Go get 'em, Mac!

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

pretty canny move if Mac is lobbying for himself as new HC (if there is one). by pumping up CU and CU's commitment to it's scholar-athletes he indirectly defends himself of any culpability for payola in the past (if, indeed, contrary to Nick Saban, coaches are culpable).

I do think there is a larger issue here than the way Mac frames it....but it's most certainly a larger issue than the "I got caught, but I'm just rectifying a problem with the system" excuse from dirty agent types.

6. 92Buff

92Buff Well-Known Member

I love the way the Mac always seems to come up with just a phrase that sums up the situation very well. I also love the way he represents the Univeresity of Colorado. I hope this man is deeply involved in the athletic program in a more active role, regardless of what the position may be.

7. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Don't mess with the Mac-daddy!

8. Del

Del Member

Just another example of why he built such a huge program and all his former players always talk about him. They know he always will have their back and go to bat for them not only while a player at CU but for the rest of their lives. I agree with the above post. Whether you are a fan of him coming back or not you got to give it to the guy, he loves CU and will defend it until his last breath. Great spokesman for the university.

9. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Yes, note that McCartney never actually gets into the issue of, "Did CU players accept money from agents."

But he does a very good job of pumping up the good things about CU and all the great benefits available for CU athletes. His comments about the great professors, the tutors availability, etc. - he really builds up the educational aspect, which many people have thought was one of his big obstacles.

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

OK, who is going to come up with "Point the Slime Out!!" tee shirts?

11. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Better hurry. Those could do double duty, also relating to the context of Baylor Regent Buddy Jones.

(Wonder what McCartney has to say about Internet message board scum?)

12. Buffsoldier

Buffsoldier Well-Known Member

Ask and ye shall receive.
    T shirt.jpg