1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coach McDaniels taking a page from Hawk's playbook

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Chefselite, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Chefselite

Chefselite New Member

I came across this quote today and it gave me a chuckle. This is from an interview from SI's Don Banks with Coach McDaniels.

"We all, myself included, need to handle the ups and downs and the flow of the season better than what happened last year,'' he said. "We didn't handle it well, whether it was being too down or low, or being too excited about and accepting the performance we put together in a win. We can't go too high or too low. I think last year when we lost, it led to another loss, and when we won, we got too satisfied.

"So there are certainly some things we're going to do differently. I think that I've tried to stay on an even keel much better than I did last year, and I learned a lot from last year.''

2. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

[video=youtube;tkzALAmawfY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkzALAmawfY[/video]

3. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

It's just standard coaching blather.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

I've got news for all the Hawk haters...all coaches talk like that. There is plenty to be upset about with Hawk's W-L record, but his coachspeak is just that, coachspeak. I hear Kevin Sumlin on the radio quite a bit down here, and he repeatedly talks about "cleaning up the little things," "getting better every day," etc.

Just yesterday I saw this in an article about Texans WR, Kevin Walter:
    So, enough already making fun about "getting horns out," "lunch pail," etc. He's not saying anything that every other coach isn't saying.

5. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

Who get fired first Hawkins or McDaniels? Both are in over their heads.

6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

Or maybe Kubiak? It's probably playoffs or the axe for him this year in Houston.