What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coach Prime / Buffs Football Social Media Thread

I certainly understand keeping receipts and being extremely confident, but there still has to be a line, with professionalism and restraint taking precedence. A response like this serves no purpose, except to provide additional ammo to those that are against Coach Prime/the Buffs.

Winning cures all, so if we go out and win like 8-10 games next year, and Shedeur gets drafted top-5, then he can boast about the receipts, but we still haven’t done or won **** and you never know what can happen throughout the season/life, so speaking with certainty like that is bad juju IMO.

This is also a bad look from Shedeur IMO:

Have you considered subscribing and gaining access to Barzil?

The story has become how it's such a bad look for Deion & Shedeur Sanders to punch down.

I'd agree with that if they started this.

But when someone does an interview with a national media publication ripping on the program, coaches and players while presenting himself as some super talented guy who they targeted to do him wrong & shatter his confidence in the process... do people really expect the targets of it to give a "no comment"?

To me, it's not punching down when it's punching back.

The story has become how it's such a bad look for Deion & Shedeur Sanders to punch down.

But when someone does an interview with a national media publication ripping on the program, coaches and players while presenting himself as some super talented guy who they targeted to do him wrong & shatter his confidence in the process... do people really expect the targets of it to give a "no comment"?

They didn’t even say anything bad. Much ado about nothing

I would’ve punched down like the US Govt hits innocents who live above oil reserves. Now THAT would’ve been worth crying about on Twitter

They didn’t even say anything bad. Much ado about nothing

I would’ve punched down like the US Govt hits innocents who live above oil reserves. Now THAT would’ve been worth crying about on Twitter
That's the other thing I don't get and was wondering if I missed something.

I saw Shedeur respond to someone by saying he doesn't remember the guy so he must have been mid.

I saw Prime laugh at a post showing how ridiculous it was for a guy who had 20-something tackles, no forced turnovers, no sacks and no pass breakups by replying with "Jesus Lawd".

I also think that it was in reply to the guy's dad saying something to which Prime replied that his own son is a top 5 pick and asking what his son is.

Was there something else? Because I don't understand why, based on that, there are people saying it's going to hurt Shedeur's draft status or saying that Prime is publicly attacking a player he cut.

Guys, I think it’s a slow news time of the year for national college football media and it’s a good time to send out hit pieces. It’s going to be further amplified by the younger generation which sadly appears to have positions be handed to them instead of earning them.

That's the other thing I don't get and was wondering if I missed something.

I saw Shedeur respond to someone by saying he doesn't remember the guy so he must have been mid.

I saw Prime laugh at a post showing how ridiculous it was for a guy who had 20-something tackles, no forced turnovers, no sacks and no pass breakups by replying with "Jesus Lawd".

I also think that it was in reply to the guy's dad saying something to which Prime replied that his own son is a top 5 pick and asking what his son is.

Was there something else? Because I don't understand why, based on that, there are people saying it's going to hurt Shedeur's draft status or saying that Prime is publicly attacking a player he cut.
Because media folks aren’t used to people in positions of leadership punching back when they are scrutinized. They believe they should be able to criticize and influence public opinion with zero repercussions and this is especially true in sports media. They feel that coaches have a duty to stand in front of the media and be a punching bag, while remaining silent (hiding behind the word “professional”) so said media can write something provocative.

Guys, I think it’s a slow news time of the year for national college football media and it’s a good time to send out hit pieces. It’s going to be further amplified by the younger generation which sadly appears to have positions be handed to them instead of earning them.
Oh good we got the old man vibe going.

Because media folks aren’t used to people in positions of leadership punching back when they are scrutinized. They believe they should be able to criticize and influence public opinion with zero repercussions and this is especially true in sports media. They feel that coaches have a duty to stand in front of the media and be a punching bag, while remaining silent (hiding behind the word “professional”) so said media can write something provocative.
We're definitely seeing sports media folks circle the wagons on this. Very little criticism of the actual article. Deflection onto the reaction as if that's the whole story. You'll notice very little defense or praise for the story, too, which is very telling that they know it was a poorly done hit piece. But you can't cross the line by criticizing a professional colleague.

I don't expect "no comment," but I do think, "Everyone had a chance to stay if they had the commitment and talent, I'm focused on the guys we have now and I'm looking forward to making y'all forget about 4-8," plays much better to my ears.

EDIT: But I really don't have any right to second guess Prime. While I don't love the Twitter spats, I accept the whole package deal and believe it's a great for for what we need.

Last edited:
Hey f*** you, Pac. This is some boomer bull****. Not our bull****. The generation below are the ones that are triggered by this story

D809D261-8BD0-459A-AB72-F3D491DB6D87.jpeg

I don't expect "no comment," but I do think, "Everyone had a chance to stay if they had the commitment and talent, I'm focused on the guys we have now and I'm looking forward to making y'all forget about 4-8," plays much better to my ears.
I hate boring, insincere statements drafted by a PR agent & lawyer. Fortunately for me, I'll never have to suffer through mind numbing boredom with Coach Prime's public statements.

Does that sound like anything Prime has said in the media ever in his life? You want him to speak and act like every other coach in the country and that’s not who he is and kind of the entire point here

Does that sound like anything Prime has said in the media ever in his life? You want him to speak and act like every other coach in the country and that’s not who he is and kind of the entire point here
Yeah, I added an edit. I accept it as part of the package deal.

I want Prime to be Prime, but that doesn't mean I sometimes wish some small things were a little different.

Like I sometimes wish that Jokic was more apt to just demand the ball and score at will when the Nuggets are struggling on offense, but I understand that in the long run it's that constant focus on making the "right" basketball play that allows for his greatness especially in elevating his teammates.

Similarly, I think there are times when a little humility is merited, but like Nik has noted the intense compulsion to feel slighted drives the competitiveness that you can't seperate from Prime's greatness.

Towards the media? No. Other coaches? No. Politicians/business leaders/other people in power? No. College students (or in reference to them) - yes.

We're definitely seeing sports media folks circle the wagons on this. Very little criticism of the actual article. Deflection onto the reaction as if that's the whole story. You'll notice very little defense or praise for the story, too, which is very telling that they know it was a poorly done hit piece. But you can't cross the line by criticizing a professional colleague.

Media will come after each other. I've seen a few criticisms of BH for his legitimate defense of CP.

I don't disagree but at the same time quote tweeting stats of FCS players and responding to people with less than 300 followers isn't a good look. Really need to win this year, at the very least make a bowl game.

Thought crossed my mind today...

Remember when Karl pushed that reporter after that embarrassing loss to USC in 2021? I don't think it was a national story whatsoever, and was only briefly mentioned on the local news. Karl followed it all up with a Chat GPT level apology. It all seemed to embarrass the fanbase for like, the rest of the weekend, then the general feeling of apathy and hopelessness set back in, and it was like there wasn't even a break from the usual malaise.

Anyone care to imagine what the media reaction would be like if it was Prime who did that?

Last edited:

Remember when Karl pushed that reporter after that embarrassing loss to USC in 2021? I don't think it was a national story whatsoever, and was only briefly mentioned on the local news. Karl followed it all up with a Chat GPT level apology. It all seemed to embarrass the fanbase for like, the rest of the weekend, then the general feeling of apathy and hopelessness set back in, and it was like there wasn't even a break from the usual malaise.

Anyone care to imagine what he media reaction would be like if it was Prime who did that?
No, I don’t care to imagine

Anyone care to imagine what the media reaction would be like if it was Prime who did that?
Lawd Jesus!!! Lolol.

This is some pretty serious revisionist history.

Back