What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Coaching lost this game

Charles Kelly is too ****ing rigid and dog **** with making adjustments his defense is clearly too ****ing complicated for this team yet he refuses to change a God damned thing

Bill oboyle needs to be fired or buried alive ... what the actual **** does flea do.... and for that matter and Hart is a ****ing moron.
Mathis needs to ****ing figure out how to set a dB to follow the cocksucker who's beating the **** out of stoutmirer before the final drive of the 4th ****ing quarter

Last edited:
It was all on coach sanders. The team had no strategy to finish the game and quit. No doubt the worst thing I've seen since Oregon State 2018, and maybe worse. Sanders needs to own this.

Jesus ****ing christ. Thank God I went to sleep after half.

I would have slit my wrists if I watched that live.

All talk. This team blows.

CP does seem like he's by himself a lot of the time out there. No conferring with ass't coaches, comparing ideas.

Plenty of blame to go around. This was a true team loss.
Penalties are outrageous. Some on players, some on coaches.
In game coaching decisions still seems baffling:
1). I was so mad we didn’t call a timeout at the end of 2Q when we stopped them on 3rd down with like 20 seconds left. We had all the momentum then. Make them punt to us! Who knows?
2). They had a plan in the second half. They brought pressure on D and they went with quicker timing throws on O. We couldn’t respond to those adjustments.
3). I’m ok with accepting the 15 yarder, but I can see how others weren’t. But you gotta either trust, or explicitly tell those guys: “we’re doing this because we think you can stop them again. The only way this doesn’t work is if you give up 25 yards or take a dumb penalty. No dumb penalties!”
4). Going for that first 4th down in the second half was hubris. You’re up 29 points, punt the ball.
5). All the substitution shenanigans
6). I’ve never seen a team look unsure what to do when you win the toss in OT. Why is QB1 looking towards the sidelines like he’s on the price is right? Tell the dude you’re sending out there what you want to pick. “We want ball first. We want to defend this side second.” It’s not like you don’t know the possible permutations of how this will go.
7). Related to above, some assistant needs a sticky note that says: “OT choices. 1). Defense. 2). Defend side near your students or away from their students.” Hand that to QB1 for OT. Taking the ball first is objectively wrong. Change my mind.
8). I realize we run a quick pace offense, and so I kinda get how it’s tough for us to slow down, but boy, we suck at the 4 min offense. Dylan Edwards gains 17 yards on the first play at the end of Q4, and we ran the next play with like 17 sec on the play clock. Sure woulda been nice for them to have 15 fewer seconds on that last drive. I put this at the bottom though because they did adapt and try to slow down later that drive.
9). We had all three timeouts at the end of Q4. Now maybe it’s because we had bball talk today, but Tad and college bball coaches, when they feel the other team getting hot and going on a run, call timeout. Collect the guys, tell them to get back to what they’ve been practicing all week. Let a few songs and commercials play while the other guys try to stay hot. We had guys like yelling at other guys between plays on the field. Need to tell them to regain our composure. Maybe coulda tried something…anything in that 2nd half.

But, players also lost this game. Don’t need to call out specific D plays. We kinda know our D can’t stop anyone near the end of games. We sorta know we need our offense to be perfect to overcome and they just weren’t.
In first half, they have a terrible punt and we basically start in FG range. Player unforced penalties (ie false start) back us up, and our kicker can’t bail us out. Missed by just a few yards. Probably woulda gone if we were five yards closer, or if our special teams executed better. Maybe we win.

Then our QB1, on 3rd and short/medium with like 3 min left in the game, gets good protection, has a lane, has an open receiver, but misses on the throw. We connect there, we absolutely win. The takeaway from this whole game would have been so different. 1 throw, that I’m sure he’s made 1000 times.

I’d argue the coaches still put us in a position to win, and we didn’t execute. But the coaches sure could have helped reduce the margin needed for us to get this win. If our QB has to make every single throw every single game, it’s gonna be a long 5 games.

Last edited:
What I want to know - so badly - is why we think running Dylan Edwards up the middle, when the other team knows we're going to run up the middle, is a good idea.

We have literally 4 backs bigger than Edwards. For the love of God, use one of those guys.

Charles Kelly is too ****ing rigid and dog **** with making adjustments his defense is clearly too ****ing complicated for this team yet he refuses to change a God damned thing

Bill oboyle needs to be fired or buried alive ... what the actual **** does flea do.... and for that matter and Hart is a ****ing moron.
Mathis needs to ****ing figure out how to set a dB to follow the cocksucker who's beating the **** out of stoutmirer before the final drive of the 4th ****ing quarter
You seem upset

Decision to have Mata take a FG he doesn't make in warmups was also baffling.

Yep. Remarked it would be short before he kicked it tol
I think we all know Mata doesn’t have the strongest of legs. But where are you seeing he doesn’t hit from 46? I have watched him from warmups in every game and he’s making it, squeaking by but still making it, from 50-52. Let’s not short him (no pun intended) because he missed one that had a horrible snap.

I used to long snap in high school and a snap like that genuinely messes up a kick. Most kickers instinctively try to adjust for it and extend their stride to make sure they don’t kick too early. A good snap and he makes that, I’m very confident.

I think we all know Mata doesn’t have the strongest of legs. But where are you seeing he doesn’t hit from 46? I have watched him from warmups in every game and he’s making it, squeaking by but still making it, from 50-52. Let’s not short him (no pun intended) because he missed one that had a horrible snap.

I used to long snap in high school and a snap like that genuinely messes up a kick. Most kickers instinctively try to adjust for it and extend their stride to make sure they don’t kick too early. A good snap and he makes that, I’m very confident.
Career long of 43.

Longest kick last year was 38 yards. He has a accurate but weak leg

Plenty of blame to go around. This was a true team loss.
Penalties are outrageous. Some on players, some on coaches.
In game coaching decisions still seems baffling:
1). I was so mad we didn’t call a timeout at the end of 2Q when we stopped them on 3rd down with like 20 seconds left. We had all the momentum then. Make them punt to us! Who knows?
2). They had a plan in the second half. They brought pressure on D and they went with quicker timing throws on O. We couldn’t respond to those adjustments.
3). I’m ok with accepting the 15 yarder, but I can see how others weren’t. But you gotta either trust, or explicitly tell those guys: “we’re doing this because we think you can stop them again. The only way this doesn’t work is if you give up 25 yards or take a dumb penalty. No dumb penalties!”
4). Going for that first 4th down in the second half was hubris. You’re up 29 points, punt the ball.
5). All the substitution shenanigans
6). I’ve never seen a team look unsure what to do when you win the toss in OT. Why is QB1 looking towards the sidelines like he’s on the price is right? Tell the dude you’re sending out there what you want to pick. “We want ball first. We want to defend this side second.” It’s not like you don’t know the possible permutations of how this will go.
7). Related to above, some assistant needs a sticky note that says: “OT choices. 1). Defense. 2). Defend side near your students or away from their students.” Hand that to QB1 for OT. Taking the ball first is objectively wrong. Change my mind.
8). I realize we run a quick pace offense, and so I kinda get how it’s tough for us to slow down, but boy, we suck at the 4 min offense. Dylan Edwards gains 17 yards on the first play at the end of Q4, and we ran the next play with like 17 sec on the play clock. Sure woulda been nice for them to have 15 fewer seconds on that last drive. I put this at the bottom though because they did adapt and try to slow down later that drive.
9). We had all three timeouts at the end of Q4. Now maybe it’s because we had bball talk today, but Tad and college bball coaches, when they feel the other team getting hot and going on a run, call timeout. Collect the guys, tell them to get back to what they’ve been practicing all week. Let a few songs and commercials play while the other guys try to stay hot. We had guys like yelling at other guys between plays on the field. Need to tell them to regain our composure. Maybe coulda tried something…anything in that 2nd half.

But, players also lost this game. Don’t need to call out specific D plays. We kinda know our D can’t stop anyone near the end of games. We sorta know we need our offense to be perfect to overcome and they just weren’t.
In first half, they have a terrible punt and we basically start in FG range. Player unforced penalties (ie false start) back us up, and our kicker can’t bail us out. Missed by just a few yards. Probably woulda gone if we were five yards closer, or if our special teams executed better. Maybe we win.

Then our QB1, on 3rd and short/medium with like 3 min left in the game, gets good protection, has a lane, has an open receiver, but misses on the throw. We connect there, we absolutely win. The takeaway from this whole game would have been so different. 1 throw, that I’m sure he’s made 1000 times.

I’d argue the coaches still put us in a position to win, and we didn’t execute. But the coaches sure could have helped reduce the margin needed for us to get this win. If our QB has to make every single throw every single game, it’s gonna be a long 5 games.
I saw on twitter somewhere we're the 2nd most penalized team in America.

That's unbelievable to me. For a guy who fancies himself an old school disciplinarian, you'd think Prime would get that fixed by now.

I saw on twitter somewhere we're the 2nd most penalized team in America.

That's unbelievable to me. For a guy who fancies himself an old school disciplinarian, you'd think Prime would get that fixed by now.
Pac12 refs aren’t helping by being ticky tacky on calls.

Career long of 43.

Longest kick last year was 38 yards. He has a accurate but weak leg
I agree but I've seen him routinely make from 50. So maybe the stuff just doesn't trust it but that's not on him.

jUST A GAME. **** balls
“Bunch of kids… running around with a ball”

SWLBOp.gif

bing crosby GIF by Warner Archive

I like both our kickers, but if we can recruit above them, please do. Would love to see a Crosby again.

Back