1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cody on All Spring Team?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 77buff, Jul 19, 2010.

1. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

The Sporting News has actually put together a 2010 All Spring team. Don't ask me how you compile an All Spring team, since it is based only on practice?
    oil_in_marshes..jpg

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

If it's based only on practice, then Cody should be an All-American.

Honestly, I'm not joking. And don't take this as me being negative on Cody since it usually hasn't translated in games. But the guy is possibly the most accurate passer in the country when he doesn't have live bullets flying, I doubt that very many QBs can match his command of the offense, and I have heard he's a coach's dream as far as the effort he puts in and leadership he demonstrates in meetings/drills.

I honestly see why the coaches thought his skill set could translate well in the 2-minute drill last season and gave it a try. And against soft coverages and a basic pass rush, he was great moving the ball between the 20s. In the red zone when things tightened up and the defense also brought some heat, not so much.

3. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

you are 100% correct. He won a QB accuracy contest and beat out some great QB's to do it. I'll see if I can dig up a link. To bad he can't wear a red jersey during games.

4. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

Hell the NFL is almost there. Maybe Cody is just ahead of his time.

5. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=204763715