1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cody's passer rating through 3 games is 138.7 and other fun stats

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Darth Snow, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

NCAA Ratings: Hawkins 138.7
    Last Year: 119.84

So much for the "sophomore slump". With the youth movement on the offensive line being obviously painful, this is not bad!

here:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sortables?stat=pass&sort=rat&season=2&year=2008&group=80

His current ranking is about 42 in the nation in efficiency. His completion rate is 70%.

SEVENTY PERCENT. That is good for 16th in the nation. NOT BAD for a sophomore QB.

The really shocking news? Cody's QB rating is good enough for Dead Last in the BigXII. Yikes. That secondary better be ready!

The #s I don't like:

6.5 yards/attempt. That is below average (ranked 70 or so). This needs to go up. Hopefully the running game will soon take the pressure off Cody allowing him to throw it deeper more then twice a game.

Three INT's in Three games... Not great. Cody, as a system QB, needs to bring this # down. However, that is still only 1 pick per 33 drop backs, which is not horrendous.

Overall our offense is dead average in rushing (58th) and below average in passing (70th). Our YPG total is 68. Just for reference, CSU is 58. Not exactly great or even good, but the encouraging thing is that the offensive line seems to be gelling as almost every lineman (and all 5 starters in the WVU game) had their best game last week.

However, my favorite statistic is this one

3 - 0 BITCHES!!!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

Man am I the only one when we go 5 wide, that starts thinking holy **** who is gonna prevent the pick six. But yea mostly good Cody for Heisman.

3. TheRoyale90

TheRoyale90 Member

Cody is a solid QB. He's a game manager and when the running game gets fully established and another WR can be developed to compliment Josh Smith (where is Simas?) watch out. Colorado is going to earn some respect this year and next year... teams will fear them.

4. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Hopefully paying attention in class. :huh: He is ineligible this year.

5. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Cody's numbers have been pretty good. But I really don't think he's had a good game yet. At least imo. Hopefully he shows up for the FSU game.

I'm not trying to get into the whole 'Cody can't throw or he's too small' BS. All I am saying is he hasn't played well for a full 4 quarters yet. jmho.

6. wsp4820

wsp4820 Sally Club Member Junta Member

FIFY... :sad1:

7. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I agree. Flashes of downright brilliance in every single game have been followed by periods of either maddening inconsistency or interrrupted byAWWWFFUL throws.

8. jrod212

jrod212 Member

he hasnt been able to be good for an entire half yet. imo

9. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

I hope that Cody has a really strong showing at the FSU game

If that's not the case, then he'll bring it for Texas. From all reports, their secondary is doing as poorly as they did last year.

10. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I like Cody. But I watched a bit of the Baylor game. Robert Griffin I'd die for. What CU needs is a double threat QB. Cody just is not that. FSU will stack the line and dare us to throw. Cody has not yet shown that he can stretch the field. FSU will gladly give up the dinks and dunks.

11. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

:yeahthat:

12. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

As bad as their offense has been they can afford to even do that, first team to 9 may with this game.

13. CityBuffT

CityBuffT New Member

What we see Boekman going through this year with TOSU is what i think we will see Cody's senior year... a mobile QB in this offense would be unstoppable... very West Virginia-esque the last few years. But just a stronger presence at quarterback is what this offense begs for... like the kid but we need to step it up a level.