1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cogent assessment: no one knows nuthin'...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Liver, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

we don't know nuthin' because the CUAD doesn't either. they are running down candidates, i suspect, and i imagine the fact that like 3 sec jobs are open is hurting the search. we're not a tier one job at this moment, so we need to overpay and promise facilities and higher assistant salaries in writing. and, even then, we'll need to hope.

this is going to be a protracted process, i suspect. we're like the fuskers were when they settled on callahan as about the 4th choice. ... except perhaps we're in worse shape than they were.

special shout out thanks to Mac and his cronies for helping to make this a really hard search. you guys sure bleed black and gold. :huh:

2. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

You are wrong..... They are just bleeding black....

3. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Doubt Mac's comments have had any affect on this search.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

You should have stopped at "we don't know nuthin." Cuz Bohn is playing this very close to the vest. We won't know until he hires someone and maybe not even then.

5. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I wonder aloud if Bohn knows.......

and yes, I think Mac's frothing at the mouth is hurting.

6. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

This

7. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Sure they will. Who else are we going to blame if the next coach fails? The athletic director?! Pfft.

8. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Actually amazed we made it 7 whole days without the first signs of allbuffs panic (predictably, one school, NCSU, hiring one guy that we may have had interest in) brought on the first real worries from a few posters (Buffs1990 doesn't count because he's a CSU douche).

9. DesertDawg526

DesertDawg526 Resident Dawg Club Member

I'm not disagreeing at all...

But I really hope CU doesn't hire without due diligence. IMO that means a likely decision is a month away. Hopefully sooner, but more importantly hopefully the right hire...

10. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

The hire needs to be made before bowl season starts in earnest. If Bohn cannot do that, he botched the search.

11. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

:nod:

12. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

I agree with due diligence, but no freakin way does this take a month. I'd be shocked if we don't have an announcement within the next week or so.

13. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I think we will see about 4 or 5 positions filled by this time tomorrow, now that the season is done.

14. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

This thing needs to be wrapped up within the next few days, forget the next week.

15. skibum

skibum Peed in your Cheerios. Club Member

Just like to remind everyone about the panic that was experienced during conference realignment, and Bohn went completely radio silent on us. That turned ok I think...

16. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Since he doesn't have the balls to hire Tressel or Petrino, let's at least hope that he pulls off a coup and gets either Diaco or Smart.

17. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

There! fify........

18. BartonBuff

BartonBuff New Member

I know many don't like hearing this but in reality a quiet coaching search is the proper way of doing business for a AD. If Bohn is keeping things close to the vest then he is doing his job and not jeopardizing the search with loose lips. I'm sure we will start getting a better idea after tonight with the regular season ending. Now coaches can interview.

19. DexBuffsteen

DexBuffsteen Well-Known Member

My Ex-brother in law's butcher's cousin's mistress's left gonad says we're Hiring North Dakota St's Craig Bohl as HC. At least we'd piss off that NDSU troll and beat CSU.

20. CUBUFF80

CUBUFF80 No Stinkin' Title Club Member

After the national championship game, Saban will announce he's stepping down from Alabama to become the next head coach at CU, stating his desire to resurrect the once proud program to prominence.

21. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

Not exactly. Bohn was the one that came out of the Big12 meeting and let everybody know that they were discussing the possibility of half the conference going to the Pac 10. Whether that was calculated or not, it spurred the Baylor campaign, and nothing good came of it that I saw. I have a hard time believing the guy I watched in the press conference Monday bumbling through talking points, describing every weakness of the AD in the process for no reason, is some mastermind.

Bohn's not incompetent, but I don't think he's the smartest guy in the room. I have a feeling the rumors we're hearing are following his daily coaching search, which is fine. Athletic Directors don't need to be the diabolical strategists we hope they are in order to get the job done.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  22. Chromeburn

Chromeburn Member

Would you want to go to the SEC though. It seems to be a meat grinder for coaches. And with so many good coaches and teams concentrated there its got to be tough coming out with good seasons. Not to say CU is better, but I don't see all those SEC schools as the most alluring jobs. Richt's team just finished 5 yards from going to the championship game and already there are rumors of him not being able to win the big game. The SEC seems concerned about one thing, winning on the football field (unless you're Kentucky), and it doesn't matter how you do it. They are more minor league teams than academic institutions. And if you don't your tossed to the side. Even if you do win, but don't win championships, they grumble and want to toss you anyway.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  23. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

I heard that Richt lost on purpose, so he'd pick up his buyout, and during his exit interview on the Mark Richt show, he would say "You can kiss my ass, not on zees side, not on zat side, but right in the middle." Spank himself twice, and catch a flight for Colorado.

PhillyBuff likes this.
  24. PhillyBuff

Love the movie reference.... But forget the movie name..... It was filmed at Squaw Valley correct?

25. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hot Dog (the movie)

PhillyBuff likes this.
  26. PhillyBuff

Winner! Thx.

"Hey Rudy! You can kiss my ass! Not on this side......."

27. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

We at AllBuffs have process around here. Until (once) there is an "Official Coaching Search Panic Thread," all other panic is just misguided worrying.

28. Buffenuf

Buffenuf massive tool

Silence is golden at this point. Nobody here has a direct line to Bohn's thoughts or efforts.

Just hope he stays away from the toxic Petrino (aka GB V.2.0) and the equally slime-alicious Tressel. We don't need any more trouble with a capital "P" or "T", here in River City!