1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Football Live.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffLuKe, Jun 4, 2013.

1. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Well-Known Member

I happened to catch the replay around 3. They had MikeMac2 on today. Of course some journalist had some unflattering comments about CU that they wanted him to respond to. Think the guys name was Hubbard. Idk who that is, figured one of you guys might. Anybody here see it?

2. 14er

14er “Imitation is suicide.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

[tweet]342005272153313281[/tweet]

[tweet]342007654434107392[/tweet]

3. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

I remember reading it. Really not worth even mentioning on air except to get a reaction. http://www.denverpost.com/opinionco...-colorado-should-resign-from-college-football

This line sums up the ****** op-ed: "CU has an overinflated view of it's football program, and it's very unlikely for them to expect to come and compete in the PAC-12, let alone what is now the big business of college football."

Just kind of ridiculous.

4. unionbuff

unionbuff Club Member Club Member

I believe that Hubbard is the new editor & wrote an article on his very first day on the job at the DP that CU & CSU should just give up their football programs because they'll never be able to play with the big boys in the facilities race. My dad was ranting & raving about it for about an hour to me the other day, so I'm thinking that is what Reed references. I did not read it since I knew it was just get my blood boiling but that probably is something stupid that Mac is going to have to answer to now. I hate the Denver Post with a passion.

5. BuffLuKe

BuffLuKe Well-Known Member

Mac handled it like a champ, didn't bat an eye and was very forward.

6. TDbuff

TDbuff Club Member Club Member

Hubbard also tries to justify his opinion by referencing the editorial article they put out 6 months ago to officially endorse the firing of Mike Bohn for the handling of Embree. Basically saying they were right all along(not really), so their words mean something.

7. ahoelsken

ahoelsken Well-Known Member

Wasn't Hubbard the guy who embarrassed himself on O'Reilly a few weeks back? (Yes, I do watch that sometimes) I don't take him seriously.

8. Buffsoldier

Buffsoldier Well-Known Member

Fixed. I find that quote hilarious in light of the fading relevance of newspapers. Glass houses, mother****er. Glass houses.

TimmyDUBs likes this.