What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

Lane Kiffin, with an answer that shocks absolutely no one

Seriously WTF is up with all the love from college HCs for Mumford and Sons? That's like the 3rd or 4th coach that's said that one. It's bizarre that there's so much reverence for a British folk-rock band that has put out a total of 4 albums and nothing in the last 5 years.

EDIT:

Figured it out:

In March 2021, [Founder, Lead Guitarist, and Banjo Player Winston] Marshall praised Andy Ngo on Twitter for his 2021 book Unmasked [Inside Antifa's Radical Plan to Destroy Democracy], which is deeply critical of the antifa movement, saying "Congratulations @MrAndyNgo. Finally had the time to read your important book. You're a brave man". Marshall's tweet received backlash and criticism on social media.[91] Following this, Marshall apologised...for praising the book and stated that he would be taking a break from the band "to examine [his] blindspots";[92] in June 2021, he wrote an essay defending his support for Ngo, discussing the reaction to his apology for the tweet, and announcing that he would be permanently leaving Mumford & Sons so that he could exercise free speech about politics without involving his former bandmates.[93]

Last edited:
I would be embarrassed to say Mumford and sons is a band I enjoy (and I’ve seen them live), and humiliated if it was quoted as my favorite band.

This is so bizarre.

He feels like the victim of some conspiracy against him, obviously, but it was his own school that made that decision.

And then he points out that everybody wants ASU to fail. Well yeah, it's college football and that's how it works. You root for your team, maybe a few others and want everyone else to fail. Is he unfamiliar with this game?

Pat Forde had an article discussing many of the things that will disappear from college football after this season. Sort of sobering to realize that this is the last season in the foreseeable future of:
  • Bedlam
  • Apple Cup
  • Civil War
  • Texas v. Baylor (aka "The Meteor Game")
  • California rivalries USC/Stanford and UCLA/Cal

This is so bizarre.

He feels like the victim of some conspiracy against him, obviously, but it was his own school that made that decision.

And then he points out that everybody wants ASU to fail. Well yeah, it's college football and that's how it works. You root for your team, maybe a few others and want everyone else to fail. Is he unfamiliar with this game?
It’s weird how they just happened to do this a week before the first game and not three months ago when players could have transferred.

Seriously WTF is up with all the love from college HCs for Mumford and Sons? That's like the 3rd or 4th coach that's said that one. It's bizarre that there's so much reverence for a British folk-rock band that has put out a total of 4 albums and nothing in the last 5 years.

EDIT:

Figured it out:

In March 2021, [Founder, Lead Guitarist, and Banjo Player Winston] Marshall praised Andy Ngo on Twitter for his 2021 book Unmasked [Inside Antifa's Radical Plan to Destroy Democracy], which is deeply critical of the antifa movement, saying "Congratulations @MrAndyNgo. Finally had the time to read your important book. You're a brave man". Marshall's tweet received backlash and criticism on social media.[91] Following this, Marshall apologised...for praising the book and stated that he would be taking a break from the band "to examine [his] blindspots";[92] in June 2021, he wrote an essay defending his support for Ngo, discussing the reaction to his apology for the tweet, and announcing that he would be permanently leaving Mumford & Sons so that he could exercise free speech about politics without involving his former bandmates.[93]

Edit: there was no context here, sorry. I hate M&S. A buddy of mine knew that, sent me this video and told me I’d love it, that’s “exactly what you think Mumford & Sons is.” Took me forever to watch it. Once did, it took me forever to stop laughing.

Last edited:
@MtnBuff hasn't started a "this weeks games" thread yet so I'll link this here.

Saban is apparently afraid of Middle Tennessee State as he is not releasing a pregame depth chart for the first time in 17 seasons as the HC of Alabama.

Pat Forde had an article discussing many of the things that will disappear from college football after this season. Sort of sobering to realize that this is the last season in the foreseeable future of:
  • Bedlam
  • Apple Cup
  • Civil War
  • Texas v. Baylor (aka "The Meteor Game")
  • California rivalries USC/Stanford and UCLA/Cal
They ended the civil war in 2020. No idea what they call it now. Also these teams will still play each other. Maybe just not as much.

edited for spelling.

Last edited:
The ended the civil war in 2020. No idea what they call it now. Also these teams will still play each other. Maybe just not as much.

Sorry, I missed that. You're right about the name change.

But the fact of the matter is that Oregon/OSU is the 5th most played rivalry game in the sport, Bedlam has been played continuously for the 3rd longest of any series in college football, the Apple Cup has only been interrupted over the last 120 years by a World War and a global pandemic, even USC/Stanford has been played over 100 times, and now none of those games are currently on the schedule at any point in the future.

I'm sure they'll still play, but I think we can all attest with CU's move to the P12 that college football is a LOT less fun with the animosity that comes with annual games against your rivals

I'm sure they'll still play, but I think we can all attest with CU's move to the P12 that college football is a LOT less fun with the animosity that comes with annual games against your rivals

College football is a LOT less fun when the team you cheer sucks so bad over the course of it's entire membership in the P12 that developing rivalries was impossible.

Back