What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

I don't consider a college athlete a "kid" other than in the sense that I'm getting old and call anyone under 30 a "kid" in certain contexts.

But I do find it completely inappropriate that a college head coach (professional leader of young men this age) has his spouse go on a public forum to call a player for another team a bitch. I wouldn't expect that anyone is defending that, regardless if they disagree on these players being "kids" or whether they think the player is in fact a "bitch."

I don't consider a college athlete a "kid" other than in the sense that I'm getting old and call anyone under 30 a "kid" in certain contexts.

But I do find it completely inappropriate that a college head coach (professional leader of young men this age) has his spouse go on a public forum to call a player for another team a bitch. I wouldn't expect that anyone is defending that, regardless if they disagree on these players being "kids" or whether they think the player is in fact a "bitch."
This is where I'm at.

That said, Norvell is a bitch.

CSU’s Mackey finalist had 1 more year of eligibility left. They lose their best 3 players in Holker, Kamara, and Horton

Losing Kamara while our O-line is getting better?

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

Wow! In this new big(ger) money, wild-west era of college football, maybe parity will be achieved in the form of a thousand paper-cuts.

In recent years, the elite blue bloods were using us (CU and other non-elites) as farm teams (Gonzo, Rice, Roddick etc...).

As prices rise for individual players, I wonder if even elite schools are unable to afford a full squad, and the non-elites are able to fund one or two elite players.

Will the effect be to pull the depth away from the elite teams and give other teams (I'm taking CU out of the equation, because we have our own thing going on, and I'm not really sure where we fall) a bump? Would this close the gap a little?

Wow! In this new big(ger) money, wild-west era of college football, maybe parity will be achieved in the form of a thousand paper-cuts.

In recent years, the elite blue bloods were using us (CU and other non-elites) as farm teams (Gonzo, Rice, Roddick etc...).

As prices rise for individual players, I wonder if even elite schools are unable to afford a full squad, and the non-elites are able to fund one or two elite players.

Will the effect be to pull the depth away from the elite teams and give other teams (I'm taking CU out of the equation, because we have our own thing going on, and I'm not really sure where we fall) a bump? Would this close the gap a little?
Only if the payoff to be a starter at a “non-elite” school is better than being a backup at an “elite” school. But the elite schools will still have their choice of a starting line up. I think it will get worse, ala CU in 2022 or CSU right now as “elite” teams continue to get the best players. If unlimited transfers and no cap on new players holds, the elite schools will have teams built from transfers and high school recruitment will become the emphasis for the lower level. Most top players will start around 3 years across at least 2 teams.

I believe you are on to something here. UGA is seeing quite a few 5* and 4* players hit the portal. UGA could very well be trimming payroll. Keep the players that are producing, give them raises, and cut the lower depth guys.

Brilliant for a Syracuse to put their chips in on a QB that is significantly better than they would normally see on the team.

I believe you are on to something here. UGA is seeing quite a few 5* and 4* players hit the portal. UGA could very well be trimming payroll. Keep the players that are producing, give them raises, and cut the lower depth guys.
I think a big part of it is also that players want to play and showcase their talent for the next level, rather than ride the bench at an elite school collecting a paycheck. This puts a natural ceiling on the amount of talent any 1 team can amass regardless of the amount of money they have, especially with the CFP expanding.

I think a big part of it is also that players want to play and showcase their talent for the next level, rather than ride the bench at an elite school collecting a paycheck. This puts a natural ceiling on the amount of talent any 1 team can amass regardless of the amount of money they have, especially with the CFP expanding.
This is part of how SDSU basketball was able to win an NC. The blue blood programs like Duke cant stock the bench anymore. Talent is looking for and finding playing time.

Back