What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

College Football News, Rumor & Humor

I don't think it's a G5 thing for CSU but more so the fact that they can't draw very well to their new stadium despite it being right there on campus.
Gate revenue is more of a factor at a G5 school due to lower media deals. You have to fill out relatively small stadiums with small budgets for the economics to work. With CSU the stadium can be great and the right size for the type of program they are, but the debt is too high for it to be viable. Colorado has seen a ton of population growth but it won’t drive interest in a program like CSU. They also built it about a decade too late. The stadium was a sign of the college football bubble and a clear attempt to be in the mix in the next Power conference alignment.

I didn't see that coming. Seems to have made good hires, but there's obviously a lot more to the job.

My guess is that hiring a TTU guy who had been Deputy Commissioner of the B12 was a strategy to get a B12 invite which ended in failure & budget problems.

You are probably right. CSU was mentioned in some of the realignment but fell short. I'm not sure much was Parker's fault. Addizzo certainly did not help things. The bleak financial situation facing these AD's really demonstrates how much college football has changed at a rapid rate. I don't like CSU, but I don't want to see CSU fail either. I think they needed to build Canvas stadium to be competitive in the G5 arms race, but how they pay for it is another matter all together. Between the stadium, NIL, the never-ending facilities race, diminishing TV revenue, general booster support for the AD has to be stretched. Both CSU and Zona's new AD will probably have to think outside the box some.

You are probably right. CSU was mentioned in some of the realignment but fell short. I'm not sure much was Parker's fault. Addizzo certainly did not help things. The bleak financial situation facing these AD's really demonstrates how much college football has changed at a rapid rate. I don't like CSU, but I don't want to see CSU fail either. I think they needed to build Canvas stadium to be competitive in the G5 arms race, but how they pay for it is another matter all together. Between the stadium, NIL, the never-ending facilities race, diminishing TV revenue, general booster support for the AD has to be stretched. Both CSU and Zona's new AD will probably have to think outside the box some.
The only ones who mentioned CSU in realignment were from CSU.

They have trouble getting 20,000 people to buy (cheap) tickets to their games, they don't move the needle in TV audiences, they don't draw flies on the road.

Realignment was and is all about money. CSU has never been a program that generates revenue for themselves or anyone else.

This might be the biggest part of this news. ESPN/FOX are going to force Notre Dame out of Independence

Old School Reaction GIF

This might be the biggest part of this news. ESPN/FOX are going to force Notre Dame out of Independence

How is this brutal? ND is independent because they want to do whatever the F they want? Guess what? That has consequences. See everyone dealing with conference crap?

And how often has this even been an issue? ND has pretty much sucked for a long time. I’m happy if we just ignore them completely,

Last edited:
How is this brutal? ND is independent because they do want to do whatever the F they want? Guess what? That has consequences. See everyone see dealing with conference crap?

And how often has this even been an issue? ND had pretty much sucked for a long time. I’m happy if we just ignore them completely,
The flip side to this is that they don’t have to play a CCG, so in a year where they are among the top 12, they’ll get a week or two off while most of the other teams are playing in their conference championships. They have to weigh those two to determine which is more beneficial.

How is this brutal? ND is independent because they do want to do whatever the F they want? Guess what? That has consequences. See everyone see dealing with conference crap?

And how often has this even been an issue? ND had pretty much sucked for a long time. I’m happy if we just ignore them completely,
Yes, ND being ranked 1st overall has been such a frequent occurrence in the last 35 years that this hypothetical concern should cause everyone pause.

Now, if you’ll all please be patient so I can tune the worlds smallest violin to play for poor little Notre Dame…

FWIW, my ND alum friend just shrugged. He thinks it's inevitable they move off independence when the ACC collapses. Or they just go back to the Big East. Or they form something with Cal, Furd & SMU.

FWIW, my ND alum friend just shrugged. He thinks it's inevitable they move off independence when the ACC collapses. Or they just go back to the Big East. Or they form something with Cal, Furd & SMU.

It was fun to see ND play for the ACC crown during the COVID-19 season especially the ACC logos on their home field and football jerseys & helmets.

If the top four conference winning teams get the top four seeds automatically, then ND will likely join a conference.

And your idea of ND forming something with Cal, Furd, & SMU; SHOW ME THE MONEY!

The flip side to this is that they don’t have to play a CCG, so in a year where they are among the top 12, they’ll get a week or two off while most of the other teams are playing in their conference championships. They have to weigh those two to determine which is more beneficial.

Another part of the flip side is that if they are a top 4 team at the end of the regular season, therefore seeded #5 in the CFP rankings, they would often have an easier game to get to the round of 8 than the top 4 seeds, who have to win their respective CCG to get a bye into the round of 8.

Another part of the flip side is that if they are a top 4 team at the end of the regular season, therefore seeded #5 in the CFP rankings, they would often have an easier game to get to the round of 8 than the top 4 seeds, who have to win their respective CCG to get a bye into the round of 8.

If they are a #5 seed, they would host a first round CFP then for the rest of the CFP, it would be at neutral bowl sites. This is something that could benefit them against a team that had a first round bye.

🥜🥜🥜

Dude in question

Last edited:
Back