1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College Football Playoff

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 30Something, Apr 23, 2013.

1. 30Something

30Something Distinguished Brotha Club Member

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    buff4bcs1985 likes this.
  2. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

I Love this comment... I hear they will call the prize "A Trophy."

3. 30Something

30Something Distinguished Brotha Club Member

"It will be simple," BCS executive director Bill Hancock said earlier this week. "It will not be cutesy. And it will be descriptive. I've seen too many people make mistakes by trying to be cutesy."

Got it. Now the question...how the hell do we distinguish between FBS (or is it CFP) and FCS teams?

4. skibum

skibum Peed in your Cheerios. Club Member

The name is "simple" so that they can more easily sell the naming rights.

As to the difference between the FBS and FCS playoffs, one will be the "Ford Motor Company College Football Playoff," and the other will be the "Dealin' Doug College Football Playoff."

30Something likes this.
  5. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Active Member

"Before the news was reported, Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delany said he’d be happy with whatever was selected.
    “I’m am not good with names – obviously,” Delany said during a break in the meetings, referring to the Big Ten’s division names, Legends and Leaders, that produced so much negative feedback the conference has already decided to change them."
    LOL

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/0...issioners-dub-new-football.html#storylink=cpy

6. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

I'll pay them a $1 for Buffedup's College Football Playoff.

7. cubuffs85

cubuffs85 Active Member

You could've paid me a lot less than Mr. Hancock to not be "cutesy" and have these results.

8. TimmyDUBs

TimmyDUBs Dirty haole Club Member

If you had to bet on the first playoff having two SEC teams or not having two SEC teams, which would you pick?

It would be great to have one of each: PAC, SEC, B1G and Big12 or ACC, but I have a feeling that won't happen.

9. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

There actually is the possibility that it ends up 4 SEC teams. That's legal here.

Gross

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

I think they should take the top 10 computer rankings, with strength of schedule included, average them and take the top 4 teams. No human polls and no conference tie ins.

11. J.R. Ewing

J.R. Ewing Club Member Club Member

I trust computer more than voters. Would anyone be shocked to see a 2 loss Notre Dame team suddenly surge up to the #4 spot a week before selection?

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  12. CUAviator

CUAviator Well-Known Member

The other problem is, you can literally not be ranked the second to last week and end up in the top 4 in the final polls. Unlike before, if you were top 4 (or 2 or whatever), with one game left, more often than not you just had to win your last game and you were good. Now....?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. TimmyDUBs

14. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  15. TimmyDUBs

I am not sure I see Oregon or Auburn there at the end of the year. I'd imagine a Big Ten team should be in the running, and whoever is at the top of the PAC or Big 12 by years end.

I could have reworded my post that they shockingly have two SEC teams in the playoff. That is my main point.

16. 4DemBuffs

4DemBuffs Most admired poster Club Member

Meh, I was just being an ass. But the Big 10? Really? OSU, I suppose. The rest will get smoked.

What I think will happen in the PAC-12 is cannibalism. Personally, I think the PAC has a large group of very good teams. None that are head and shoulders above the rest. So I see them all getting at least two losses and thus being knocked out of the hunt for a playoff spot via the conference schedule.

I think that may open the door to the SEC getting two teams in the playoff.

The Pac 12 may be the second best conference but the lack of a clear leader will kill the conference when it comes to the playoff. Each of the top 4 or 5 teams will all feast on each other and the winner of the PAC-12 will have at least 2 losses.

Just one mans opinion.