What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado #8 in new rankings...

Gloat about what? No one said CU would be ranked about Michigan this week, the rankings played out as expected. But congrats on just missing the playoff.

Based on this graphic, I'm having a hard time figuring out why CU isn't #6 or #7. We clearly have a better resume than PSU and arguably Wisconsin. They have a better So W-L by two spots but CU has one more win vs the Top 25.

Buffs:
W-L: 10-2
So W-L: 6th
SOS: 23rd
W-L vs. Top 25: 2-2

pic.jpg

I have to wonder if those dropped touchdowns hurt us in terms of style points. If VT doesn't win it doesn't matter, but a 13 point win looks better than a 5 point win.

Utah needed to be a bigger win for us to move up I guess. Both Wisconsin and Penn St. blew out their opponents.

I have to wonder if those dropped touchdowns hurt us in terms of style points. If VT doesn't win it doesn't matter, but a 13 point win looks better than a 5 point win.

Except the game being close moved Utah into the Top 20. I think that it's better for us that it was close, strangely enough.

One factor when considering the strength of schedule that we haven't really considered are those teams behind us.

We really want W Mighigan to lose, Navy to lose and Florida to get absolutely smoked by Alabama. Could move Stanford up 2 spots and Utah up 3. The other help on this would be West Virginia losing to Bayjor, but I can't root for that.

Except the game being close moved Utah into the Top 20. I think that it's better for us that it was close, strangely enough.

One factor when considering the strength of schedule that we haven't really considered are those teams behind us.

We really want W Mighigan to lose, Navy to lose and Florida to get absolutely smoked by Alabama. Could move both Stanford and Utah up 3 spots.
Yup. On a similar note, uw waxing wsu isnt all bad. Yea wsu is out of the top 25 but now we get a top 5 win opportunity

We really want W Mighigan to lose, Navy to lose and Florida to get absolutely smoked by Alabama. Could move Stanford up 2 spots and Utah up 3. The other help on this would be West Virginia losing to Bayjor, but I can't root for that.
You're probably right. I thought we ditched the BCS so there was less math in football.

Gloat about what? No one said CU would be ranked about Michigan this week, the rankings played out as expected. But congrats on just missing the playoff.
I was ridiculed for saying that Michigan will go to the playoff over PSU and Wisconsin.

I am of the opinion that our resume is better than PSU and Wisconsin..... but not better that Michigan.

If Clemson loses and we win....

It should be

Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
Colorado

Not that I agree with the rankings, but Penn State's win over Ohio State is better than any win we have, but what else have they done? No other top 25 wins, no other hard games even. Lost to Pitt so that's worse than either team we lost to.

And I really don't get Wisconsin. 3 "good" wins are LSU, Michigan St, and Nebraska who were all ranked top 10 at the time, but Michigan St is actually awful this year and LSU and Nebraska are just decent wins.

Seems to me we're pretty screwed even if we beat UW. Apparently the B10 has been anointed as awesome this year and we all just have to accept it or something. I really wish UW played someone with a pulse OOC earlier this year, or USC didn't get plastered by Alabama to start the season off. I think those two things are really hurting the perceptive strength of the P12 this year.

I guess this is the bummer of the playoff, one major conference is always going to get screwed. Or more if one conference slides a couple teams in.

I was ridiculed for saying that Michigan will go to the playoff over PSU and Wisconsin.

I am of the opinion that our resume is better than PSU and Wisconsin..... but not better that Michigan.

It should be

Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
Colorado
This week's ranking proves nothing about how they'll rank the PSU/UW winner and Michigan next week. Everyone knew Michigan would be 5th this week. If you think we can jump the PSU/UW winner who are both ranked ahead of us, then it's far-fetched to think UM currently being ranked ahead of them right now means anything.

OP is like:

2rw9m46.jpg

Based on this graphic, I'm having a hard time figuring out why CU isn't #6 or #7. We clearly have a better resume than PSU and arguably Wisconsin. They have a better So W-L by two spots but CU has one more win vs the Top 25.

Buffs:
W-L: 10-2
So W-L: 6th
SOS: 23rd
W-L vs. Top 25: 2-2

View attachment 21743

Nice spackling and 5.1 surround system.

So as I see if the CFP just said.... The Buffs are in control of their own fate for Pasadena.
Win you are IN Rose Bowl.
Lose a tight game and only the winner of Bedlem jumps in the rankings and are IN Rose Bowl.
Lose significantly and the winner of Bedlem and USC jumps in the rankings and OUT of the Rose Bowl.
**** Washington

So as I see if the CFP just said.... The Buffs are in control of their own fate for Pasadena.
Win you are IN Rose Bowl.
Lose a tight game and only the winner of Bedlem jumps in the rankings and are IN Rose Bowl.
Lose significantly and the winner of Bedlem and USC jumps in the rankings and OUT of the Rose Bowl.
**** Washington
eh-whats-that.jpg

Dirt burglar radio was interviewing a local hack who said that the b12 has no shot at the CFP "after Colorado beat Utah".

He then said that the boomers OR the cowgirls would be "8 point favorites over any $ec team not named Alabama". Yes, local media down here is somewhat bipolar.

Tomorrow promised to be a really fun day at work.

David LombardiESPN Staff Writer

i

Significant number that's gone under the radar: Colorado's strength of record percentage would be way ahead of Michigan's if the Buffs win this Friday. There would only be an 11% chance that an average top-25 team would post an 11-2 record versus Colorado's schedule, while there would be a 34% chance of a team going 10-2 against Michigan's. The Buffs' resume is very strong by this important metric, which the committee has been shown to value, so they are still on playoff life support.

David LombardiESPN Staff Writer

i

Combine Colorado's significantly better strength of record than Michigan with the fact that Buffs led the Wolverines on the road in the second half until shortly before starting QB Sefo Liufau got hurt. Those two nuggets will certainly be discussed in the playoff committee room this weekend if Colorado beats Washington.

It should be

Alabama
Ohio State
Michigan
Colorado
You're still wrong, they won't.

Oklahoma was idle this week and got jumped by CU who had a good win - same will happen to Michigan this week when the Big 10 champ jumps them.

You're still wrong, they won't.

Oklahoma was idle this week and got jumped by CU who had a good win - same will happen to Michigan this week when the Big 10 champ jumps them.
Did you see the College Football Selection show?

Kirby said that the difference between Michigan and Washington was small..... he also said that Ohio State and Penn State weren't close.....

If we win.... Michigan is in. Read Kirk Herbstreit....

When I met @PhillyBuff in a bar in Ann Arbor in '96, I said to myself, "One day there's going to be a website called Allbuffs and he'll make a post where he'll be proven wrong in spectacular fashion."

(We used to chat in the old unmoderated CUAD chat room way back in the day. lol)

Back