What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado at USC Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big opportunity missed. We will be on the bubble come selection Sunday. Were in danger of losing 3 of the next 4 as well. Tad THAT MELTDOWN IS ON YOU

I'm not going to blame Tad. The players have to make plays. WTF is Tad going to do?

This team should kill zones and has for the most part this season. All it takes is dribble penetration or an entry pass, followed by a kick out to one of the team's many shooters. Couldn't do it. Guard play is an embarrassment.

Dom Collier couldn't possibly play worse. Fortune hits a few shots but turns the ball over 40 times a game. Talton is Talton, he is what he is, not good. What a colossal collapse. Call a timeout Tad. Work on inbounding the ball, please for the love of God! Go Buffs.

Tad: "We gave this game away. We didn't take care of the ball. We didn't defend." "I did an absolute terrible job coaching. I should've called two timeouts I didn't." "We're not mentally tough enough to handle the crowd." I need to hold their hands and give them a pacifier. Perimeter play was really suspect." "Against the zone we try to drive when we're open for a three."

Tad said he should've called time outs but felt the players knew what to do and how to adjust without a time out. He admitted he was wrong and in the same situation in the future will call time outs.

Worst part about this loss and being a Buffs fan is now I have to listen to all the ***ks who can't even name a player on the team say see I told you so, Buffs suck. Hopefully all the disrespect and ***t we've gone through all these years will pay off one day. And on that day when I ride into Valhalla will my fellow AllBuffs, not one bandwagon ***k shall enter my chariot

Tad said he should've called time outs but felt the players knew what to do and how to adjust without a time out. He admitted he was wrong and in the same situation in the future will call time outs.
He's being doing this ever since he got here, and he's just now learning that you dont wait for a 15 point lead to turn into a 5 point deficit before calling a time out?

Lulz. We only gave up a 15 point lead in minutes. I'm

I have an idea coach. Don't run any offense when a team goes into a zone. Just let king dribble up top for 25 seconds and create a shot. I'm serious. It would have been more productive and our lead wouldn't have dwindled so quickly.

This team should kill zones and has for the most part this season. All it takes is dribble penetration or an entry pass, followed by a kick out to one of the team's many shooters. Couldn't do it. Guard play is an embarrassment.
True. But some of the most perplexing / infuriating moments I can remember have come facing a zone

Tad implied that against the zone his shooters are afraid to shoot. He said they had wide open threes and, instead, pulled up and dribbled into the defense.

That is the least favorite game, as a fan, and season ticket holder in hoops, I have ever watched Tad Coach. Just pissed, no other way to put it!

Don't get it per lack of input to players from staff. Oh well.

Tad implied that against the zone his shooters are afraid to shoot. He said they had wide open threes and, instead, pulled up and dribbled into the defense.
Thats something he might have communicated to them during a time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back