What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado Daily – Oregon St.

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Stuart

[h=3]Colorado Daily – Oregon State[/h]–
September 28th
Oregon State quarterback Sean Mannion: “There are two ways we can take this, the right way or the wrong way”
From the Corvallis Gazette-Times
Sean Mannion quotes …
“I think in the locker room right now, there are two ways we can take this, the right way or the wrong way,” Mannion said. “We have eight more games to make the most of it. I think as an offense and as a team we need to collectively take this the right way.”
Mannion finished with 123 yards through the air.
“It was just sloppy on my part and I take full responsibility for our offensive performance tonight,” Mannion said. “I expect a lot more out of myself and I’m certainly not satisfied in any way with the way I played and the way our offense played as a whole.”
Regarding the Trojans defense, Mannion said, “They’re a good team with great athletes. They’re well coached and will play good football. I think for portions of the game we played good football. I thought our offensive line did a good job and were really tough at the line of scrimmage. I think (USC) adjusted just as we do.”

Oregon State head coach Mike Riley: “We never really established anything”
Quotable Quotes from*ESPN
Oregon State head coach Mike Riley comments:
On the game: “I thought the story of the game, we never really responded by scoring points or controlling the ball and our defense wore out. But I thought we played a lot of good defense and special-team play. But we couldn’t put points on the board, and had we done that our defense could’ve maintained a better game.”
On the Beavers’ offense: “We never really established anything. Early on, we ran the ball a little, but we never really complemented it with anything down the field of any substance. The coverage was tight and good and the pressure at other times was good. I would say we were probably disrupted. That’s probably the best way to put it.”
On the Hail Mary: “It looked like we got too many guys deep down the field. It didn’t look like we had guys on the goal line but drifted down past it and nobody in front to make a play.”
On the effects of the Hail Mary: “I thought our team was pretty good at the half, knowing they (USC) had completed (the Hail Mary) and some did some things really well. Even though we weren’t doing much on offense, our defense had played good for a long time, and at one point the only thing they (the Trojans) had really done is intercept a pass and run it back. Our team had some confidence we could do some stuff.”
—-
USC 35, Oregon State 10
Recap: Oregon State fails to score an offensive touchdown in 35-10 loss to USC
From ESPN … When Su’a Cravens intercepted Sean Mannion’s pass and returned it 31 yards untouched for the game’s first score, he perked up everybody on the Southern California sideline.
The Trojans’ two-week hangover from an embarrassing loss evaporated in a surge of big plays against Oregon State, keeping USC right on course in the Pac-12 race.
Cody Kessler passed for 261 yards and two touchdowns, and Justin Davis scored twice in No. 18 USC’s 35-10 victory over Oregon State on Saturday night.
Darreus Rogers caught a 48-yard Hail Mary touchdown pass at the halftime gun as the Trojans (3-1, 2-0 Pac-12) rebounded smartly from their first loss with solid defense and another stellar game from Kessler, who went 24-for-32 while leading a 461-yard offensive performance.
“We just had to get back to the basics to get over a loss,” said Cravens, who also had a team-leading six tackles and a sack. “We had to do our job and execute.”
Despite 14 penalties for 124 yards, the Trojans moved the ball steadily when their defense wasn’t thoroughly stifling Oregon State, which managed only 63 yards and no points after taking a 10-7 lead early in the second quarter.
Ryan Murphy returned a kickoff 97 yards for a TD for Oregon State (3-1, 0-1), which struggled in its first serious test of the season. Mannion went 15-of-32 for 123 yards with two interceptions for the Beavers, who haven’t won at the Coliseum since 1960.
—–

Originally posted by CU At the Game
Click here to vie

Back