What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"Colorado is more than just CFB's feel-good story"

How does Mark may have Washington and CU in there? It would have to be either or imo

We win and Washington is nowhere near in.

We lose and we are nowhere near 6
If Utah beats us USC will win the PAC 12. I don't know anybody would beat them right now outside of Bama.

But I think he meant he thinks that UW and CU play for the PAC 12 CCG and the winner still is on the outside looking in.

We win and Washington is nowhere near in.

We lose and we are nowhere near 6

That's the part of this that no one is really talking about. If CU were to beat Washington in the Pac-12 Championship and CU made the playoff, don't we all think it would be fair & understandable if a 9-3 USC got picked for the Rose Bowl over an 11-2 UW?

That's the part of this that no one is really talking about. If CU were to beat Washington in the Pac-12 Championship and CU made the playoff, don't we all think it would be fair & understandable if a 9-3 USC got picked for the Rose Bowl over an 11-2 UW?
I don't. I think USC is a better team, sure. But they have three losses and didn't get the chance to lose in the CCG. On the other hand, if WSU gets to the CCG and loses to CU again, you have to take USC with three losses over WSU with four.

Still think CU can win out, but don't think they go to the playoffs anyway. Great to be in the conversation though. Completely unfathomable for me to even dream of in August. I'm dreaming of us in a Rose Bowl at the minimum.

I don't. I think USC is a better team, sure. But they have three losses and didn't get the chance to lose in the CCG. On the other hand, if WSU gets to the CCG and loses to CU again, you have to take USC with three losses over WSU with four.

Still think CU can win out, but don't think they go to the playoffs anyway. Great to be in the conversation though. Completely unfathomable for me to even dream of in August. I'm dreaming of us in a Rose Bowl at the minimum.

That 1-loss difference would be because USC scheduled Alabama in the non-conference while Washington scheduled Rutgers. And UW would be in the conference championship partly because they missed CU in the regular season and didn't have to play us until the CCG. Fact is, USC whipped UW in Seattle.

Not really. Such a manoever creates and institutional bias that favors USC over a division champion with a better record (win percentage).

Despite the resurgence of USC after Darnold took over, the crotch-stomp that Jabari Ruffin administered to a defenseless Alabama player on the opening game of the season is the enduring moment for the Trojans.

i5wdbswejior8vsp7ysg.gif

**** those guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
If:
  • Alabama wins out
  • Michigan wins out
  • CU wins out

That 538 predictor says we have a 50% chance of making the CFP.

Basically if CU and UW win this weekend, then the Rose Bowl is likely the "Worst Case" for CU. That is incredible.
I'd like to think that, but I don't. Lose the CCG, I think USC goes to the Rose Bowl and we end up in San Antonio.
I wish there was a way for us to win the CCG and still have USC go to the playoffs. As much as it pains me to admit it, USC is the best team in the conference right now.

I'd like to think that, but I don't. Lose the CCG, I think USC goes to the Rose Bowl and we end up in San Antonio.
I wish there was a way for us to win the CCG and still have USC go to the playoffs. As much as it pains me to admit it, USC is the best team in the conference right now.
Because they beat us by 4 at home against our backup FR QB?

Past precedent suggests the committee gives favorable rankings to losers of the CCG. For example, 10-3 Arizona barely fell for losing to Oregon in the CCG, finishing well above a 9-3 UCLA team who beat them (sounds familiar). 12-1 Iowa fell to just 5th after losing their CCG to MSU, finishing above 11-1 Ohio State (who was in tremendous form, you might recall). If USC finishes ahead of us then they're going against what they've done in the past, which is ensure the losers of CCG games get their rightful place in their BCS tie-in. Hopefully we just win the Pac-12 and remove all doubt though.

The moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter has aligned with Mars. This is the dawning of the age of Abuffalus.
Cold hearted orb that rules the night,
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white.
But we decide which is right.
And which is an illusion?

Back