What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado RPI Watch

Illinois 94 USC 64, and the truth of the matter is the Illini could have won by 50+ had they wanted to. USC is going to be lower middle tier in the Pac baring a significant change, folks.

*Right now* Colorado and Arizona look like the two most likely contenders. UCLA is easily the hardest team to figure out -- More than enough talent to win the Pac, yet here they go looking like **** yet again. Cal looks solid for finishing around 4th. Stanford, Oregon, Washington, Oregon State and USC in the middle (USC to be on the 8-9 side of things as opposed to 5-6). Arizona State 10th. And then Wazzu and Utah dueling it to finish 11th and avoid last place.

Obviously it's extremely early, and still hard to get a genuinely good feel for things just a few games into the season. UCLA may wake up. Maybe tonight was an aberration for USC (doubt it, god they looked horrendous), etc. etc. All I know for certain is the Buffs have been the most impressive Pac team by a wide margin thus far.

i know it early in the season, but could someone explain to me how does Air Force have a higher RPI than Duke today... or for that matter how are they even rated 11th rpi period? thanks in advance

Worst case scenario, UCLA does the conference no good in OOC RPI and still bites us twice. I know it's been talked about on the board before but seeing their size on the floor was an eye opener. I see them being a matchup nightmare with that length.

It was obvious how badly they looked against the zone but have we even played zone since Tad's first year? Can we play man with Ski and Chen on the floor and that kind of size differential? Would it be deflating for us to switch to zone given how little we play it?

I guess I'm kind of disappointed that UCLA will sh#t the bed in OOC and could still figure things out enough to be a big problem in conference.

With regard to KU, I think we've got a puncher's chance if we keep Jelly and 'Dre out of foul trouble. I don't think they'll be intimidated by Allen Fieldhouse.

Worst case scenario, UCLA does the conference no good in OOC RPI and still bites us twice. I know it's been talked about on the board before but seeing their size on the floor was an eye opener. I see them being a matchup nightmare with that length.

It was obvious how badly they looked against the zone but have we even played zone since Tad's first year? Can we play man with Ski and Chen on the floor and that kind of size differential? Would it be deflating for us to switch to zone given how little we play it?

I guess I'm kind of disappointed that UCLA will sh#t the bed in OOC and could still figure things out enough to be a big problem in conference.

With regard to KU, I think we've got a puncher's chance if we keep Jelly and 'Dre out of foul trouble. I don't think they'll be intimidated by Allen Fieldhouse.
Fortunately, we only play UCLA once this year and it's at Coors.

i know it early in the season, but could someone explain to me how does Air Force have a higher RPI than Duke today... or for that matter how are they even rated 11th rpi period? thanks in advance

Undefeated and they played easy teams who only lost to air force. They will settle in the 100s after about a dozen games.

Dammit USC, stop making me look stupid! I CAN DO THAT ON MY OWN!

As for UCLA, Buffnik & I were talking about them after the Wofford game, and he kept saying that they had "Final Four talent". I didn't believe him (not fully convinced the UNC transfers are all they were made out to be). I was wrong, he was right. That team has unbelievable talent. But I'm convinced Howland will never get it together. Is there a reason it took him 35 minutes to counter the 2-3 zone by putting Anderson at the high post? It was the obvious move and should have been done immediately. Combine his questionable coaching along with the fact that he has a hard time managing egos (and they're a good 10 deep at least), and I still think this thing explodes.

Howland is a bit of an enigma. Recruited some talent to, and had some good teams at Pitt, but seemed to underachieve. The running joke was that you'd put Pitt into the sweet 16 on your bracket, and then have the lose no matter who the opponent was.

Perhaps his teams at fUcla will follow the same pattern.

Tonight:

USC vs. Texas in the epic fail game. (Maui)

Washington State vs. Texas A&M (Kansas City)

UCLA vs. Georgia (Brooklyn)

Arizona State vs. Cornell (Las Vegas)

Kansas vs. Saint Louis (Kansas City)

Wofford at Richmond

Oakland at Texas Southern

Ah! See, USC wanted to help the conference's RPI, so they threw the game last night because they knew a win over Texas would be better than a win over Chaminade. :nod:

Ah! See, USC wanted to help the conference's RPI, so they threw the game last night because they knew a win over Texas would be better than a win over Chaminade. :nod:
well, at least there was a caveat in your USC predictions.

There's a caveat in all of my predictions -- it's that I'm a moron.
Snowstradamus makes no caveats. But he will go back and edit his predictions. Except for the one about Scott. I was so so sooooo wrong on him.

Damn. This RPI thing is so insanely complicated. Thank God we've got you to make sense of it all for us, Goose... :smile2:

Back