1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Colorado slighted in preseason poll

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Oct 17, 2012.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Andrew McDonnell, Boulder Sports Examiner

Tad Boyle has solidified Colorado’s prowess on the hardwood, yet, his peers have not taken notice.In the USA Today Sports college basketball preseason coaches’ poll, Indiana was picked No. 1, Louisville resided No.2 and...
    [​IMG]

Originally posted by Sports Examiner
    Click here to view the article.

2. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Cal made the tourney too.

3. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I wonder how much effort actually goes into the pre-season ballots. I would think that a lot of the voters, outside of the top 5-10 teams just put down the names they know without a lot of thought. Cal did make the tourney and has been a tourney team a few times in recent years and didn't get in. Arizona came close to getting in, has recruited very well, and has a history, no surprise there. UCLA has talent as well but I do think their position has a lot to do with name.

As good a job as Tad has done most of the voters in the polls still don't think of CU when thinking of the top programs. Give Tad a few years and we could become one of those names that are put in these polls out of reflex. Until then as long as we are looking at tourney berths at the end of the year I don't care a lot.

4. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

I don't think we should be ranked right now either. We are a young team with some serious potential, but we are going to have to earn respect.

5. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

agreed i think we start a little rough lose a couple we shouldnt and them come on strong

6. GoonieBuff

GoonieBuff Not really Club Member

With a young team, I'd much rather start outside of the rankings and try to work our way in, than have a rough start, drop out of the rankings, and have the young guys dejected.

7. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Buffs were the #6 team in the Pac 12 last year. They got on a nice streak and won the conference tournament, then won a game in the NCAA tournament.

I don't believe they've done enough (yet) to be considered one of the nation's top 25 teams. Make some noise in the Charleston Classic tournament at the beginning of the season and they might start getting votes in the top 25.

8. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

This is not a top-25 team... yet. No slight, although, if the team wants to take it as one and fuel their continued rise with it, I have no objection.

9. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Yep. Plus I'm more interested at this point in being in the top 68.