What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Arizona - November 11, 12pm MT - P12N

Painful loss, but some of you need to chill. Go check out our games last year. This is the natural step in rebuilding. We played most of the ranked teams tough. We had chance in a couple of games. We are on the right track.
Arizona under Fisch went 1-11, 5-7, and now 7-3.

Buffs are a handful of plays away from being at least 6-4 right now and it’s year one. They don’t know how to win and that includes the coaching staff.

Buffs are a handful of plays away from being at least 6-4 right now and it’s year one. They don’t know how to win and that includes the coaching staff.
If we follow the plan Arizona went, we will be 9-3 next year. Can't wait to get our transfers in and our homegrown recruits.

Lots of frustration, lots of things you can point at that can be blamed for the loss.

Yes the final drive by Arizona going through us like butter but plenty of other.

Mata missing the FG, the stupid roughing penalty in the first half that turned a FG into a TD, some dropped passes that were directly in the hands, failure to get a stop multiple times.

Coaching needs to get better, play calling was way better with Shurmur and he covered up a lot of our OL deficiencies but we still can't block when we have to. Zero push on short yardage, too many free running pass rushers on obvious passing situations.

This game though was a huge step forward though for a team that had been getting blown out.

Points out the absolute need to recruit big guys for both sides of the ball. Recruit, recruit, recruit.

I’ll make this one post then I’ll exit this thread:

MLC DID score. His progress was never stopped. The officials just blew the call. So the subject of what the CU players did or didn’t do is moot and meaningless.
I agree, but it should have never been in question for the refs to blow the whistle. The play call should have been an all out blitz to either stop them or let them score.

That's a total lack of situational awareness and super concerning from a tactical standpoint
If the coaches said that, that's on coaches. That's the 2nd straight week some questionable **** been said if that's what came out of Prime mouth. Players will do what the coaches say even if it goes again what they should do

On the bright side:

A number of recruits were at, or watching, the game.
CU played better than I,and most anticipated. Should have won against a team that had beaten 3 ranked teams in a row.
The offense showed some variety, and although SS got pounded, it wasn't near as bad as usual and you could see how much things would be improved, with a couple of good additions.
CP's game management was good - no glaring mistakes.
A beautiful day under the Flatirons and a close to capacity crowd.
Celebrities on the sideline. Knowing if we had a better record, there would be many more.

Still, a heart-breaking loss.

He's a kicker with no leg, a personality who prime likes and hit one important kick... he's a high school kicker at best.
Give him a break. It sucks he missed but he also delivered us a win over ASU, right? Our whole team needs to improve. Most high school teams could have potentially beat us last year. He’s not Mason Crosby but he’s a Buff win or lose.

And let's keep in mind: this is the BEST pac12 we have ever seen. UA had 1-11 and 5-7 when Pac12 was not this strong.

Put this Colorado to 2021 and they go bowl easily.

Give him a break. It sucks he missed but he also delivered us a win over ASU, right? Our whole team needs to improve. Most high school teams could have potentially beat us last year. He’s not Mason Crosby but he’s a Buff win or lose.
He’s not good enough to be a starter at a division one football program. He can get all the breaks and education he wants at an fcs school. Let him go there

The term that is constantly running through my when it comes to this staff is the word fraud... which means I should and will walk away from the board for a while...
That are doing some things really well and some things really poorly.

The good news is they are doing the most important things well.

Oh I'm sorry... did you say the same thing about players under Dorrell? No? That's what I thought... some players aren't good enough... Mata is one of them

I’ll make this one post then I’ll exit this thread:

MLC DID score. His progress was never stopped. The officials just blew the call. So the subject of what the CU players did or didn’t do is moot and meaningless.

Do you try to be wrong ALL THE F*CKING TIME?

One thing I will say is while we may have talented coaches... as a staff together, it's not working... there need to be some hard conversations between RG,prime and hks assistants, espeically some of his friends

Well, that was fun, not.

Shurmer did the things I, and others, have been suggesting for weeks. Zilinkas as a blocking TE, two back sets, slants, pre-snap motion. He called a good game. 31 points ought to net you a win. The OL is still a disaster. But Shurmer employed some tactics that at least gave the O a shot and kept SS2 from getting killed. It simply baffles me with all the OL brought in not one of them can play a competent OG. I won't even go into the fundamental of remembering the snap count, something HS OL can master, but remains a mystery to CU's OL. Harden single handedly killed the last drive with his second illegal procedure of the day.

The D is improving but how hyper complicated is the system if in game 10 of the season half the time players are still yelling at each other as to where to line up and who to cover? The LB's are only a hair better than the disaster OL as a position group.

Game management was better today, somewhat, probably because of Shurmer. Icing your own kicker? Prime continues to set trends.

We can still recruit a great kicker? What’s the problem with recruiting a kicker?

Back