What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Arizona State - October 7, 4.30pm, P12N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Stanford one of the early picks FS1, because otherwise that should be the P12 Network game
Friday night game chosen before the season. That's a good one for us since it's family weekend and sold out quickly for what would otherwise have probably been our lowest attended & least watched home game.

I've been able to watch 2 of 4 games so far this season. The other two (Nebraska and Oregon) have been scheduled over my kid's football games. This one is going to be on the P12N while I'll to be in NY for my sister in-law's wedding. Conveniently, the wedding starts at 6:30pm ET (or 4:30pm MT). FML

To make matters worse, my kid has a game this Saturday at 11:30pm MT, so I'll get to watch the 2nd half of the USC game on my phone + DVD for later.

Best season in forever, and I'm missing half of it.

If I can't watch I'm at least listening to Barnett's insight on I-heart radio. Costa Rica Buff's advice has saved the day though for watching every game.

So this is the only game I have to deal with trying to watch. I might go old school and listen in the garage on a transistor radio.

Wrt reporting times and timezones, I normally advocate to "keep it simple" and just use the two letter abbreviation of the zone.

But reporting a kickoff, in Arizona, during daylight savings time, to an audience primarily in a different state... this is one of the very rare cases where you need the full three letter timezone abbreviation to avoid ambiguity.

I haven’t watched a single down of ASU football this year. I looked at their weekly stats for 2023 and it looks like they have an offense that isn’t good at running. Their passing stats aren’t great, but it looks like they focus on passing. Has anyone watched a game, and is this accurate?

I haven’t watched a single down of ASU football this year. I looked at their weekly stats for 2023 and it looks like they have an offense that isn’t good at running. Their passing stats aren’t great, but it looks like they focus on passing. Has anyone watched a game, and is this accurate?

Haven't watched an ASU game so far but I will delve into the stats and what I have read about them.

According to the ESPN stats, they have attempted 179 passes and ran the ball 156 times and a few RBs have 4.0 or greater averages but it just doesn't look good. Injuries to the QB position have hit those scum devils hard. I think they are down to their third string QB Bourguet since Rashada and Pyne are out at this point. They have used four QBs so far as indicated by the stat sheet. Bourguet also just came back from an injury suffered against Frenso State and threw for over 300 yards at Cal.

They barely beat Southern Utah at home 24-21 and lost to Oklahoma State at home (weakest OSU team in years). They turned the ball over eight times in a 29-0 loss at home to Frenso State and they were competitive against USC and tried to come back at Cal but came up short.

ASU isn't playing as good as I thought they were capable of before the season and they are three points against a FCS school away from an 0-5 record.

I think this will be the weakest ASU team CU has faced in P12 play and CU should win this game.

Moving on to this week’s game. Will Coach Prime’s solo (hopefully) appearance on the P12N cover the bills for the conference this athletic season?
We have at least two required appearances on the **** network.

I've watched a few ASU games this year, but by no means an expert. Frosh QB Rashada was their best QB option but he's banged up and out 4-6 weeks (maybe 2-3 weeks into that now), potentially going to redshirt him so highly doubt he'll be back this week. The Sun Devils looked the best offensively vs USC two weeks back with Pyne (ND transfer) at QB and Scattebo (RB) doing some damage on the ground. This is the main area that concerns me, if they can get 6-7 yards a rush as Scattebo was doing. They also pulled out a bunch of trick plays vs SC, many that worked. We just need to focus on us, wrap up on tackles, and get some quick passes (north, not east-west Lewis) and the ground game going. I feel like this team rides momentum, so hopefully we come out fast and don't look back. Glad it's not a night game either as those at ASU always seem tougher. Go Buffs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back