What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Stanford- October 13, 2023 - 8pm MT, ESPN

Denver_sc

Club Member
Club Member
Didn't see a dedicated thread about the game so I thought I'd start one.

Stanford got a win on the islands to start the season, which is always tough to do no matter how good Hawaii is, but since then has had a rough time. They've been blown out by the two strong opponents they've faced (USC and Oregon, both in Palo Alto), lost to a good Big Sky team (Sac State, who lost Troy Taylor to Stanford in the offseason), and gave up a 4th quarter lead to Arizona at home. They did have a bye last week to prepare for CU.

On offense, Stanford is 9th in the P12 in YPG, but is nearly 70 YPG behind 8 (CU). While CU has done a much better job converting yards to points (CU is 6th in PPG at 33.0, whereas Stanford is again 9th at 19.2). Both teams have struggled on defense- CU is last in YPG and 11th in PPG, whereas Stanford is last in PPG and 11th in YPG.

Most places I've seen have the spread around CU -11.5-12.5, and the O/U around 60.

I will be interested to see what the viewership is like. This is a late kickoff on a Friday for the East Coast. Given that there is another football game on ESPN immediately before this one, it's highly likely the kickoff for CU/Stanford will be later than that. No Friday game has done better this season than last week's KSU/OSU game on ESPN with 2.25M viewers; the only game with a later kickoff time that was even close was Utah/Oregon State which got 1.34M viewers. That said, CU has yet to play in a nationally televised game this season with fewer than 7.24M viewers and got 9.3M viewers for the only other late night game they've played.

Will Arnett Agree GIF by Ovation TV

Fwiw ESPN FPI has us winning 80.9% and some other site was like 75%

Granted this was similar for CSU game (was maybe even 90%) iirc
Massey has it much tighter: 58% in favor of CU with a 31-28 being the most likely outcome:

1696970384586.png

Massey also shows CU losing every other game remaining and predicted a comfortable ASU win.

Although it should get better after 5 games are in, it still seems to be biased by prior year results.
I believe Massey does not use previous years results. Part of the issue for us is that the teams we’ve beat range from dog**** to “below average”. I don’t know a ton about Massey but I think his rankings are pretty well respected.

The other thing I’d say is that after Stanford, the schedule is no joke. I’d be willing to bet that CU is favored by a little against AZ but a dog in all the rest of the games. Related- we better ****ing win Friday if we want to go bowling

I’ve been wondering what the deal is with JuJu. Haven’t noticed him in any videos this week. Seems like something other than a coaching decision.

Anyone know what’s up with 43?

Was there ever an explanation for why Wells sat the first series last week?

I’ve been wondering what the deal is with JuJu. Haven’t noticed him in any videos this week. Seems like something other than a coaching decision.

Anyone know what’s up with 43?

Was there ever an explanation for why Wells sat the first series last week?
Woods supposedly high ankle sprain.

Good thing Safety is the deepest position group because we have had to rely on it

"CP's Playbook"
Not a lot of insights. He was pissed the team didn't go pick up SS after 1 of his runs.

I feel like TH coming back is going to really lift the team emotionally. And loosen them up. 49 -21 Buffs.

It's hard to explain, but sometimes I look at Coach Prime and he's wearing the same logo that I've worn for over three decades, and I can't believe that dude is wearing the same thing. I don't know how to describe it, but it's just cool that he's here and he is somehow making this about more than football - it's about the university and community and even something larger than that. Anyway, it's just something that I experienced when watching the video.

Back