What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Stanford- October 13, 2023 - 8pm MT, ESPN

Was not feeling well, did not want to stay up too late, so did not go. Thankful for the decision. Anyway, two observations:

1. I thought the total cluster **** at the end of the first half was significant. Might have gone into the half leading 36-0. That total disorganization was portent to the second half difficulties.

2. Should have run it twice on 3 and 4 late in the 4th quarter. Would have at least made them use final timeout, and if we got the first down the game would have effectively been over.

Rare cosmic occurances that seem to happen routinely at CU. Blowing 4 touchdowns leads seems to be our forte, regardless of who the coaching staff is.
Remember the last two times that happened - coach fired the next week.

I was rushing through the airport yesterday, saw a Sam Adam’s Octoberfest. It’s the beer I’ve drank every game this year. I thought “I don’t really have time. Plus, probably don’t need it for this game.”

My bad guys.
Check It Out Tim And Eric GIF

It really seems like the coaching staff is in way over their heads. It’s been mentioned before, but do they not understand why to go on defense first in OT! That didn’t cost us the game, but some of these boneheaded calls are have caught up with us.

It really seems like the coaching staff is in way over their heads. It’s been mentioned before, but do they not understand why to go on defense first in OT! That didn’t cost us the game, but some of these boneheaded calls are have caught up with us.
That's literally all Deion. He does not care about what the numbers say.

Our defense had just been on the field for 14 plays and gave up 36 points in the 2nd half. I’m fine with taking the ball first in that situation. We scored a TD anyway.

To me, the problem was leaving Hunter out on an island against Ayomanor. Hunter was either gassed, or not at 100%.

I also thought we had some good rhythm with McCaskill at RB. I don’t know why we went away from that.
Yeah, I would have liked them to double cover #13 for a while and see if they could find another receiver to beat us with. But that's just me.

SIAP, but did anyone notice the frustration on Shedeur’s face and his general demeanor as the second half wore on? He was pissed. Not a shock, but I worry he loses faith and wants to move on after the season.

SIAP, but did anyone notice the frustration on Shedeur’s face and his general demeanor as the second half wore on? He was pissed.
I was looking at his PFF and when he had a low TTT, he had WRs open. The high TTT, were all under pressure. So if 2 has an open WR, he generally hits his target

I'm hoping that it was a scheduled post but Shedeur said he didn't know what his dad's message was at halftime because he was so "locked in".

The more I think about it, I doubt it was scheduled.
I also realized I already made this point earlier today, but it’s worth repeating, IMO.

Product pushing and brand building is great and I want these players to capitalize on it, but it’s going to get old real quick if they don’t win

To me, the problem was leaving Hunter out on an island against Ayomanor. Hunter was either gassed, or not at 100%.

I also thought we had some good rhythm with McCaskill at RB. I don’t know why we went away from that.
McAskill and Edwards in the backfield together with creative open field plays for Edwards would have been nice
We will never know cause we have to keep 3 WR on the field at all times, except for Rick Ross

McAskill and Edwards in the backfield together with creative open field plays for Edwards would have been nice
We will never know cause we have to keep 3 WR on the field at all times, except for Rick Ross
The Rick Ross package should be fired into the Sun the rest of the season as well. I bet they practice it for 15 minutes every week and run it for two plays during the game, neither of which work, and they continue to come back to it.

The Rick Ross package should be fired into the Sun the rest of the season as well. I bet they practice it for 15 minutes every week and run it for two plays during the game, neither of which work, and they continue to come back to it.
The problem with plays in practice is what you going up against. It looks good in practice because look at the DL

The problem with plays in practice is what you going up against. It looks good in practice because look at the DL
Fair. My larger point is that I doubt they really spend much time on it so I don’t think it’s a surprise when it gets destroyed every time. I have similar feelings on the run game. You are what you emphasize and I don’t think they really care about the run game getting better.

Fair. My larger point is that I doubt they really spend much time on it so I don’t think it’s a surprise when it gets destroyed every time. I have similar feelings on the run game. You are what you emphasize and I don’t think they really care about the run game getting better.
I still like the backs. But the run blocking has to get a lot better. Especially the interior

Agreed. In order to get better, you have to practice it. A lot. And you have to be patient.
They practice it and it looks amazing. They generally break for big runs but they never do in the game.

We will adjust. Look how better Miami is this year after revamping their OL

1) was the personal foul legit? It looked super ticky tack from my vantage point.

2) is McCaskill hurt? He got very little run in 2H despite being productive.

Back