What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v USC - September 30, 2023 - 10am MT, FOX

I am not trying to say that we don't deserver 3-1. I know BFN doesn't play for those cornsuckers. My point is we have real problem in our offense, it was obvious in the second game, yet we have not seen any adjustment in the 3rd and 4th game. If this trend continues, I don't know how anyone can be confident about the UA and ASU game, because both are better than the CSU.

If people think our offense sucks just because we played against the most complete team on the schedule, I think you are in for a rude awakening.

You should have stuck around and watched Q4 and OT of the CSU game. You missed a lot of offensive in-game adjustments that allowed CU to overcome the largest Q4 deficit (11 points) and win since 2002. One bad game out of four is not proof that "our offense sucks".

You might also take a look at the schedule. Find a team that is more complete on it than UO. USC has problems on defense. UU has problems on offense. UW isn't on the schedule.

Final note: Look at the ASU and UA results before you crown them likely losses. UA lost to Stanford by one point last week. ASU was shutout by Fresno State and barely beat Southern Utah - both games played in Tempe. Both Arizona schools are less than mediocre and very winnable games for CU. Of course CU can lose to them, but it isn't a sure thing or even a likely outcome.

Buck up boyo. CU is bigtime football again.

We are likely to get ****ing steamrolled again. But who cares? This team is already so much better than what we've seen the last 5+ years and things are going in the right direction with a pretty decent shot at a bowl game. It's all gravy now.

You should have stuck around and watched Q4 and OT of the CSU game. You missed a lot of offensive in-game adjustments that allowed CU to overcome the largest Q4 deficit (11 points) and win since 2002. One bad game out of four is not proof that "our offense sucks".

You might also take a look at the schedule. Find a team that is more complete on it than UO. USC has problems on defense. UU has problems on offense. UW isn't on the schedule.

Final note: Look at the ASU and UA results before you crown them likely losses. UA lost to Stanford by one point last week. ASU was shutout by Fresno State and barely beat Southern Utah - both games played in Tempe. Both Arizona schools are less than mediocre and very winnable games for CU. Of course CU can lose to them, but it isn't a sure thing or even a likely outcome.

I watched the whole CSU game and rewatched the tape on the next Sunday. Shedeur's historical 98 yards drive is partially due to the stupid prevent D. They played to not lose and it pays. The double OT scores are all very nice, and one thing nice about Shedeur, is that once he gets into the red zone, he can score in any given down for you. Unfortunately, our problem is we can't even get to the 30 yards line most of the time.

I don't know why talking about the concern on the offense make me look like a downer or something. I am really curious to know what signs do you see in game 3 or game 4 that makes your feel good about this offense? You can't rely on Shedeur's heroic performance in every single game.

I never said ASU and UA are likely losses. I used to think winning against them should be easy due to the offense we have in the first game. But I adjust my expectation based on the week by week play, and I am saying I would have major concern if the offense doesn't change this week.

Here is my quick assessment based on my understanding of where we are at right now:

UU has problems on offense because Rising is not back yet. They are also missing a few key players due to injury. My understanding is most of them will be back when they play us. And I think people underestimate OSU as well as WSU, they are very very good teams. UCLA has issues in offense, but their defense is better than I expected. If I have to compare, I think their defense is better than kNU at least.

I think our 3 wins has to come from Stanford, UA and AU. Would be nice to pick up 1 more upset, but I am not counting on that. I watched most of their games.
Stanford looks like a likely win.

ASU is the second most likely win, and yes they played like **** in the first 3 games. I do think their run offense would be an issue for us, they have some simple yet creative running plays, their scheme get the ball to their playmakers hands in a fast way, and they have many trick play designs. Keep in mind that we have not shown we can stop anybody's run game. This is their home game and likely another super bowl effort from them.

UA will be a tough match up for us, they have some nice offensive weapons and their defense is not bad at all. Their issue is too many TOs and hopefully we can leverage that. I do like that we play them in Folsom.

I watched the whole CSU game and rewatched the tape on the next Sunday. Shedeur's historical 98 yards drive is partially due to the stupid prevent D. They played to not lose and it pays. The double OT scores are all very nice, and one thing nice about Shedeur, is that once he gets into the red zone, he can score in any given down for you. Unfortunately, our problem is we can't even get to the 30 yards line most of the time.

I don't know why talking about the concern on the offense make me look like a downer or something. I am really curious to know what signs do you see in game 3 or game 4 that makes your feel good about this offense? You can't rely on Shedeur's heroic performance in every single game.

I never said ASU and UA are likely losses. I used to think winning against them should be easy due to the offense we have in the first game. But I adjust my expectation based on the week by week play, and I am saying I would have major concern if the offense doesn't change this week.

Here is my quick assessment based on my understanding of where we are at right now:

UU has problems on offense because Rising is not back yet. They are also missing a few key players due to injury. My understanding is most of them will be back when they play us. And I think people underestimate OSU as well as WSU, they are very very good teams. UCLA has issues in offense, but their defense is better than I expected. If I have to compare, I think their defense is better than kNU at least.

I think our 3 wins has to come from Stanford, UA and AU. Would be nice to pick up 1 more upset, but I am not counting on that. I watched most of their games.
Stanford looks like a likely win.

ASU is the second most likely win, and yes they played like **** in the first 3 games. I do think their run offense would be an issue for us, they have some simple yet creative running plays, their scheme get the ball to their playmakers hands in a fast way, and they have many trick play designs. Keep in mind that we have not shown we can stop anybody's run game. This is their home game and likely another super bowl effort from them.

UA will be a tough match up for us, they have some nice offensive weapons and their defense is not bad at all. Their issue is too many TOs and hopefully we can leverage that. I do like that we play them in Folsom.
stop no GIF by cerecdoctors

3-1 is 3-1. That TCU game was the best thing for our program since 62-36. We will unquestionably be better next year as a result. We are an incomplete team and aren’t winning a national championship this year. Who cares how we win? The mantra is to get to 6+ wins any way possible and keep the momentum going. Looking good on that front.
Confused Little Girl GIF

Arizona beat Stanford by one point, not the other way around.

I agree. Except usc always seems to put together great games vs us. Hopefully different this time... what is it 0-22 ?

USC defense is still average to below average, but that offense is elite. Better than Oregon's, so I have no idea how CU will stop it. If CU has a chance, this is a TCU type of game.

2 observations:

1. 'Uncle ****' obviously means means asshole rape, but let's be honest, an uncle is usually in a position of trust where you as a parent don't think your brother or brother-in-law is going to asshole rape your kid. So that's where the fallacy lies. We know that Lincoln Riley would like to asshole rape our team, so Prime is not going to send our team on any campouts or sleepovers with him. Hope that clears things up.

2. After a 4 week hiatus, I can tell the Battered Buff Fan syndrome is creeping in. Especially considering that we have been beaten down multiple times by the Trojans, and had incredibly bad luck as well. (Just jump on the fumble, don't try to scoop and score!) What is going to happen will happen. We're going to have a hard time stopping them, but in Grinch we trust. We can outscore them.

2 observations:

1. 'Uncle ****' obviously means means asshole rape, but let's be honest, an uncle is usually in a position of trust where you as a parent don't think your brother or brother-in-law is going to asshole rape your kid. So that's where the fallacy lies. We know that Lincoln Riley would like to asshole rape our team, so Prime is not going to send our team on any campouts or sleepovers with him. Hope that clears things up.

2. After a 4 week hiatus, I can tell the Battered Buff Fan syndrome is creeping in. Especially considering that we have been beaten down multiple times by the Trojans, and had incredibly bad luck as well. (Just jump on the fumble, don't try to scoop and score!) What is going to happen will happen. We're going to have a hard time stopping them, but in Grinch we trust. We can outscore them.
Dude.

Quick passes. Ball control. Dont let their offense have it. And try not make everything a home run play.
It seems like this offense is predicated on getting linebackers out of position where we make our hay by getting the ball out quickly to wide receivers on the edge.
I think our offense has struggled recently because teams can sit in zone coverage and stop our run game without committing linebackers to the run early.
We need to be able to suck linebackers in by running effectively in our single back set.
If we can get 3 yards and pull the linebackers in to make the tackle on those inside handoffs then everything else in the offense opens up.
The linebackers will be pulled to the line of scrimmage and the soft spots in the middle open up for big chunk plays.
I was hoping that McCaskill could do that last week but we didn't give him any run until garbage time.
I'm not sure how often this happens already but I would like to see Shedeur signal pre-snap to the linemen that we are actually running the ball in our RPO base set so that the linemen can fire out and don't have to worry about being caught downfield on a pass.
The defense will catch on eventually but something has to change to make our run game more effective.

It seems like this offense is predicated on getting linebackers out of position where we make our hay by getting the ball out quickly to wide receivers on the edge.
I think our offense has struggled recently because teams can sit in zone coverage and stop our run game without committing linebackers to the run early.
We need to be able to suck linebackers in by running effectively in our single back set.
If we can get 3 yards and pull the linebackers in to make the tackle on those inside handoffs then everything else in the offense opens up.
The linebackers will be pulled to the line of scrimmage and the soft spots in the middle open up for big chunk plays.
I was hoping that McCaskill could do that last week but we didn't give him any run until garbage time.
I'm not sure how often this happens already but I would like to see Shedeur signal pre-snap to the linemen that we are actually running the ball in our RPO base set so that the linemen can fire out and don't have to worry about being caught downfield on a pass.
The defense will catch on eventually but something has to change to make our run game more effective.
Good points.

Back