What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado v Utah - November 25, 1:00 PM MST on PAC-12 Network

Well we know what we need next year. OL and DL. We basically went up against Utahs 2nd unit defense and didn't even score 20 points.
Good thing we have 2 recruits on both sides. And only 1 of them is pending felony charges

Hopefully Prime will be able to get some things figured out for next season AND beef up both sides of the ball some AND have the team better coached AND able to ADJUST schemes to what they are seeing during the game (you know those nice tweaks that coaches do to help their team win games!).

4-8, ouch!
Outside of last year's 1-11, and the 2016 10-4 (2020 doesn't count) - welcome to the last 20+ years of CU football.
5-7
5-7
5-7
4-8
3-9
5-7
5-7

All the hype, all the noise, and we're the same we were for the past 20 years.

****ing horrible.

We are not good at Safety, decent, but not elite enough
We are only good at Corner, the only position we are in good shape
Better players needed all around
Not sure why you would have Nickel backs in when the other team is for sure going to run the ball, but we do not have 4 stud mobile Linebackers to have in there and shut it down

We are not good at Safety, decent, but not elite enough
We are only good at Corner, the only position we are in good shape
Better players needed all around
Not sure why you would have Nickel backs in when the other team is for sure going to run the ball, but we do not have 4 stud mobile Linebackers to have in there and shut it down
I don’t think there is 4 LB’s available?

Staub played well today, and the O scheme was decent all things considered. Hopefully they can mix it up some next year instead of trying to rely on Shadeur being a superhero in the shotgun with a three-step drop, while getting him killed in the process.

collapse GIF

Even though Prime delivered changes and some improvement, the results are still tough to swallow…. no bowl game. Losing streak to end the season. Not fun to watch. Last place in conference.

I'm old enough to remember when we were 1-11 and losing by 30+ points per game.

I always ask myself after these types of seasons, "What Would Chuck Fairbanks Do?" (WWCFD).

Chuck Fairbanks would have a cocktail.

That's what I'm gonna do

Cheers

news lol GIF
Ho
Eat it.
How many 1st downs did he give up today?

How many times did he get shoved 10 yards out of bounds cause he didn't even want to be involved in a regular attempt at a tackle?

Here's a hint: They are related.

I'm old enough to remember when we were 1-11 and losing by 30+ points per game.

I always ask myself after these types of seasons, "What Would Chuck Fairbanks Do?" (WWCFD).

Chuck Fairbanks would have a cocktail.

That's what I'm gonna do

Cheers
I'm old enough to remember when every season for the last 20 has ended in L > W. Just like this one.

Staub played well today, and the O scheme was decent all things considered. Hopefully they can mix it up some next year instead of trying to rely on Shadeur being a superhero in the shotgun with a three-step drop, while getting him killed in the process.
This game was an indictment on the hiring of Lewis in conjunction with Shedeur's skillset
We just saw the RPO single read offense in action with a freshman and it was semi-effective
The weakness of the running game was still present as Staub was not really making effective QB run choices, but he had a single read to throw the ball to, no 2nd or 3rd reads, so he just threw it without letting the rush get to him
It appears that SS was not planning to run it like that, so we had RPO plays that were turned into NFL read plays and with a weak OL, he ran out of time 50 times.
Lewis is a good man and a good coordinator, but has to run it the way you saw it today
Crazy that the plan was to merge them together.

This game was an indictment on the hiring of Lewis in conjunction with Shedeur's skillset
We just saw the RPO single read offense in action with a freshman and it was semi-effective
The weakness of the running game was still present as Staub was not really making effective QB run choices, but he had a single read to throw the ball to, no 2nd or 3rd reads, so he just threw it without letting the rush get to him
It appears that SS was not planning to run it like that, so we had RPO plays that were turned into NFL read plays and with a weak OL, he ran out of time 50 times.
Lewis is a good man and a good coordinator, but has to run it the way you saw it today
Crazy that the plan was to merge them together.
Yes but what about D??

I feel so much better about not having any elite QB recruits coming in next year after seeing Staub today. He played extremely well having the week to prep and I was impressed by him. Congrats to him on balling out.

Just say you want CU to fire Prime
Ah yes, the "you can't criticize a coach and not want him fired" approach, also known as the Tad. Lick my taint.

This coaching staff is ass, and desperately needs significant changes.

They suck at in game adjustments
They suck at player substitution
They suck at clock management
They REALLY suck at special teams (since it's a group effort)

Back