What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Colorado vs Michigan 9/17

So, when we play in Michigan, do we use Big 10 conference rules? Leather helmets and all? I was convinced that Kordell's pass was successful because the Michigan defense had never seen a forward pass before.

Look, I know that Michigan has recruited well and Harbaugh is a great coach. And I know that CU has been bad enough to be a cellar dweller in any P5 conference not named the ACC for the past decade. But c'mon! It's the Big 10! Seriously.

Remember in 2005 when the nation was in love with Big 10, and voted three of that conference's teams in the top ten? And what happened? All three of those teams lost in out-of-conference play the first weekend of the season, setting the conference up for suckitude for almost an entire decade. I'll concede that the Big 10 was probably the best overall conference in 2014, but seriously...the Big 10?! I'd expect a cellar dweller from the Pac 12 to maybe lose to a Big Sky team, but not to an "elite" Big 10 team!

Got it. Winningest NCAA team of all time. Big stadium. Hey, I actually like Michigan. It's a good school that boasts great sports programs. But football has evolved, and the Big 10 is just the Big 10.

The key to the game is kickoff coverage. Gonzalez isn't going to get touchbacks at near sea level, our kickoff coverage team cannot allow big returns.
He can kick it out if the endzone anywhere. It is urban legend that altitude makes a difference. Wait and watch.

I forgot to mention that, sadly, I'm looking forward to Nik's ****ty preview as much as I'm looking forward to the actual game. Do not **** this up Nik!
Smell your finger then you will know how nik's ****ty preview smells.

Well I just did a quick perusal of one of Michigan's boards (that's some awesome late 90's message board technology they are leveraging btw) and I kind of hope Michigan's team takes the same attitude towards this game as most of Michigan's fans.
Totally agree, they are acting like CU provides no challenge at all, and their fans are already convinced they are royalty again.

I'm not sure Michigan's offense is good enough to hang 60 on our defense. To me this feels like first team to hit 30 wins the game.
Thank you Sinkratz, it seems that the Buffs fans have become so beaten down by the lack of success the past 10+ years and cannot see a good team when it is in front of them. This team is really freakin good! There is plenty of big boy size, speed, experience, and they are a focused bunch. I pray that Michigan is overlooking CU and is not prepared for what is going to hit them. I have re-watched these games and the Buffs are flat out a fantastic team in all areas. There is NO way Michigan is going to score over 28 points against this defense, and the Miracle at Michigan will be replaced by the Massacre at Michigan. CU 35 MICH 14

Thank you Sinkratz, it seems that the Buffs fans have become so beaten down by the lack of success the past 10+ years and cannot see a good team when it is in front of them. This team is really freakin good! There is plenty of big boy size, speed, experience, and they are a focused bunch. I pray that Michigan is overlooking CU and is not prepared for what is going to hit them. I have re-watched these games and the Buffs are flat out a fantastic team in all areas. There is NO way Michigan is going to score over 28 points against this defense, and the Miracle at Michigan will be replaced by the Massacre at Michigan. CU 35 MICH 14

Love the enthusiasm, but great team? After two wins over those two stiffs? Is this the best cu team in 10 years, of course. But it will take a near perfect game in all areas to beat michigan. As I said before, don't play scared and lay it all out.

The next two weeks will be huge on this teams psyche.

Big 10 Network advertisement:
"22 years ago a Hail Mary stunned The Big House.......Saturday Michigan aims to make Colorado hail to the victors!"

BOOOOOOO!!!

Also, I've never watched anything on the Big 10 Network but there's a weekly wrap up show called "The Final Drive" and damned if one of the hosts is none other than Gerry Dinardo. At least I'm pretty sure that's him. Yep, it's him.

I'm not predicting the outcome. But here's what I will say:
- We beat the crap out of CSU, which everyone acknowledges is a bad team. HOWEVER, we typically crap our pants against them, whether we win or lose, no matter how bad they are, especially in game 1.
- We beat the crap out of Idaho State, an FCS team. HOWEVER, we are probably the worst (except maybe WAZZU) P5 team against FCS teams.
- Therefore, anyone who says we haven't been tested and we crushed inferior opponents like we should have is sort of overlooking the big picture. What we have done this year is NOT normal.
- Additionally, with concern to depth, this game is early in the season so I think "depth" will play a little less of a factor that it would later.
- Chiavarini
- Leavitt

Lots of talk about pressure and whether the existence or absence of pressure advantages one team or the other. I don't think that is the primary consideration with this game.

Over the first two games, CU came out uncharacteristally (given the past 10 years) and hit teams in the mouth from the very beginning. They gave them a shot and the opposition didn't respond. I guess you could say the same of Michigan's two games as well, but their team has an expectation of doing that against inferior opponents.

I think the big question for CU is how they deal with getting hit in the mouth; how do they respond to adversity? Everything has been rainbows and unicorns so far, what happens when the unicorn reveals itself to be an evil clown bent on destruction? The team is full of human beings that have memories of the past couple of years. Doubt can creep in.

Here's hoping that this year's CU team can respond in the right way and tear that clown Harbaugh apart.

will this game be on anything other than the big X network?
Comcast doesn't carry big 10 net unless you pay an extra fee....I"m hoping it wil beon hte PAC.

Lots of talk about pressure and whether the existence or absence of pressure advantages one team or the other. I don't think that is the primary consideration with this game.

Over the first two games, CU came out uncharacteristally (given the past 10 years) and hit teams in the mouth from the very beginning. They gave them a shot and the opposition didn't respond. I guess you could say the same of Michigan's two games as well, but their team has an expectation of doing that against inferior opponents.

I think the big question for CU is how they deal with getting hit in the mouth; how do they respond to adversity? Everything has been rainbows and unicorns so far, what happens when the unicorn reveals itself to be an evil clown bent on destruction? The team is full of human beings that have memories of the past couple of years. Doubt can creep in.

Here's hoping that this year's CU team can respond in the right way and tear that clown Harbaugh apart.
Now I am seeing some great points about the CHANGE that this team has gone through. The question posed was whether or not this team can take a punch? This team has gotten the snot beaten out of it for 10 years, the difference is now that it is full of only Embree/McIntyre guys, instead of looking forward to the end of the game, they are toughened up, bound together not to quit, and they have the leadership to rally together. I doubt that Michigan has the same chemistry and togetherness that this Buffs team has. The media/experts that I watch on college and NFL shows seem to be way more stupid about there expertise and convictions and are less and less in touch with the reality of a teams development, its maturity, its coaching staff, etc... Love the mention of Chiviarini and Leavitt, two very likely Head Coaches running the O and D, because assistants help win championships! (unfortunately, then you lose them)
Go Buffs!

Last year I think that Hawaii game just killed this team, confidence wise. The coaches screwed the pooch in that one. This year it feels like the first two games have infused this team with confidence I haven't seen in a long, long time. Hopefully that is the intangible that was missing last year in all those close losses to go with tangible things like experience, strength and speed. But Michigan is every bit as fast and strong. Maybe more so. Hopefully the experience and confidence will make up the difference. Oh, and better coaching.

Asking a legitimate question. Who would you rather see, A Kelley or S Wiefels at center on Sat?
IMO the consistency on the snaps to the QB are much better with Sully. I think that is what you need in a game where you can't afford mistakes. I think you make the sacrifice on run blocking in this one.

Asking a legitimate question. Who would you rather see, A Kelley or S Wiefels at center on Sat?
Sully's shotgun snaps are cleaner and better, and sometimes Kelley's shotgun snaps are really low to the ground and hurt the flow. Against Colorado State, I almost thought that Sefo almost put his knees down to get many of those snaps. Great to have both just in case, but agree that run blocking coordination is slightly better with Alex.

Back