1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Countdown to November 8th Tip Off

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by Buffnik, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Buffs headlining the opening night of college basketball at the Tip-Off Showcase in Dallas against **** Bailer.

I'm already getting excited.

Anyone going?

http://dallas.bdglobalsports.com/

2. HotBuffChica

HotBuffChica New Member

Who are your Final4 picks???? I mean objectively speaking :). Just curious cause I think you know quite a bit about the national scene. Hopefully my question doesn't get everyone angry at me. If so I am sorry in advance :(. I was just kinda wondering from everyone that follows all of college hoops who they think will get to Dallas and who are the sleepers you have???

Again prob will get my reply moved but was just asking a question. Hopefully I won't get banned or something.

3. Colobuffs21

Colobuffs21 Club Member Club Member

i'll be there

4. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

In.

The DFW buff club watch party included quite a few CU fans who have tickets.

5. ru4cuim2

ru4cuim2 Member

Bought my tickets today.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Thanks.

It's way too early for this type of prediction. Like everyone, I love Louisville, Michigan State and Kentucky. Arizona, Kansas and Michigan intrigue me. Ohio State, Florida, Syracuse and Duke will all be there.

My sleeper pick: Memphis. Love their recruiting class to go along with 3 really good senior guards.

7. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

Watching the Broncos today, are there a ton of Coloradans in Big D? There was a load of Bronco fans at the game. Maybe CU fans will represent at the game.

8. HotBuffChica

HotBuffChica New Member

Hi Buffnik!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the reply!!!!!!!!

When Kuran Iverson was playing at Northwest Catholic High school I saw him play against Simsbury High. Iverson has so much talent. He can really handle the ball, shoot and hit the boards. He just needs to become a bit more disciplined.

WOW you and I really agree on Memphis. What are your thoughts on Josh Pasner as a coach? He scares me a bit as an in game tactician!

I think Memphis will be best playing 4 senior guards. With Jackson, Crawford, Johnson & Dixon. That guard tandem is the best in the country. The question is who hits the boards??? Looks like Woodson is a project. Now it comes down to Pellom (transfer replacing Black), Nichols (freshman), Iverson and King (freshman).

Memphis is scary if they get the coaching. Even without it those 4 senior guards are just off the hook. A real interesting sleeper superstar!!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  9. HotBuffChica

HotBuffChica New Member

The key is don't let Heslip beat us from 3. I think Austin won't be peaking until mid season. Also no one knows about PG play at Baylor this year. If Cherry can deliver Baylor can contend for the B12 title. Otherwise they will be 3rd or 4th in the B12. I still think Jackson is a big loss.

10. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Let me put it this way, if you were a bronco fan and live in Dallas (or any of our road games) and had a once in a lifetime chance to see your team playing at historic levels, would you attend? I don't think Bronco fans travel particularly well, I think that they just want to be part of something special.

11. 4thGenBuff

4thGenBuff Active Member

Plus bandwagon fans. Peyton Manning is the face of the NFL, and he wears a Broncos jersey.

12. 93Buff

93Buff Member

I'm going!!! Buddy at works went to Baylor, so catching the Baylor-OU Game Thursday, then CU-Baylor Friday....Boom.

13. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

**** bailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

14. RumblinBuff

RumblinBuff That one blogging guy Club Member

**** Baylor.

Really wanted to go, but the new job won't let me take the time off. No time to write, web block on AllBuffs and Kenpom, and now I can't skip work to watch Tad stick it to the Bears? The deal is getting worse all the time...

15. FightCu1414

FightCu1414 Fifth year Senior Club Member

Me and four friends are heading down. Wish the game was on a Saturday with classes friday morning, but it looks like we are flying out Friday afternoon. How far is the arena from the airport.

16. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Which airport?
    DFW is about 20mi. Traffic could make that anywhere from 30min to 1hr drive.
    love field is about 5mi.