1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cruuent BCS poll LSU, Bama, Arky - perfect example of why we need a playoff system

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by 77buff, Nov 22, 2011.

1. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Let's assume Bama beats LSU in the rematch - if there is one. What does that prove? They are still 1 - 1 on the season, and LSU beat them on their campus. I won't doubt these are the 3 best teams in college football, but who wants to see rematches? We need to have the top 16 teams play in the BCS bowls, and then a final 4 like in basketball. If it comes down to an LSU and Bama in the National Championship game in a 16 team playoff, then so be it. I think the major conferences are afraid of this format because a Boise or TCU could pull off an upset in the first round of the 16 game playoff against an Oklahoma, Michigan, or an SEC or PAC 10 team.

2. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

bama config.jpg Sorry about the current spelling - it's late, and I am an old fart.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011