1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSU - Marcus Holt

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by HawaiiBUFF, Nov 23, 2013.

1. HawaiiBUFF

HawaiiBUFF Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I am not sure why so many websites had Marcus Holt as this Top-100 JC Transfer. He wasn't very good out of highschool, then supposedly went away to a JC, grew to 7 feet and became a stud. '13-'14 stats thus far (16 min/6.6ppg/4rpg/.867fg%/.389ft%). Maybe I am crazy, but I am not believing the hype.
  2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Jan 11, 2008
    Not trying to take a shot at them here but frankly if this guy were that good would CSU be his best offer? I don't think so.

CSU has had some decent transfers in recent years, they had multiple transfers on last years tourney team.

At the same time 7 footers who can play don't go without notice or options. There are much better, higher profile schools that have need for a big man. I can't imagine that if those coaches though he could be dominant that he wouldn't have ended up somewhere else.
  3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I don't know. Holt was a very solid get for CSU and they had the home advantage over some other programs. He's a good player. Not a superstar, but he's still a good player. Rams could develop into a pretty good team this year. I'm just hoping that development is realized in January and February to deliver a nice RPI boost for the Buffs after we get that road win.