What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CSU stadium

http://houstonfootballstadium.com/home/

Seems that this would be a more reasonable model for CSU - $120 million, 40k, expandable if necessary. Doesn't look to shabby either. UH has a very similar revenue stream to CSU as well - ticket sales + donor contributions total $8 million per year at both schools, according to USA Today.

UofH is making themselves as attractive as possible for the next dance. We'll see if it pays off, but I think they are going about it the right way and they have the added benefit of being in a large tv market and a fertile recruiting ground. I like their chances in the next round of moves.

UofH is making themselves as attractive as possible for the next dance. We'll see if it pays off, but I think they are going about it the right way and they have the added benefit of being in a large tv market and a fertile recruiting ground. I like their chances in the next round of moves.
If Houston gets a P5 invite it's gonna be real hard to recruit Texas

If Houston gets a P5 invite it's gonna be real hard to recruit Texas

It's already hard to recruit Texas. But winners don't find it as hard as cellar dwellers. See Oregon, Stanford, USC, ND.

A top 25 ranked CU team could do much better in the Lone Star State with or without Houston.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's already hard to recruit Texas. But winners don't find it as hard as cellar dwellers. See Oregon, Stanford, USC, ND.

A top 25 ranked CU team could do much better in the Lone Star State with or without Houston.
Absolutely, it's just a very saturated state for recruiting, especially with Baylor and aTm killing it on the field and Texas still getting top recruits.

Houston is on Larry Scott's target list. They've got a lot going for them in terms of football and basketball history along with a great market and very high level success in Olympic sports (especially T&F, golf and baseball but also with good volleyball and Swimming/Diving). Plus a Top 50 research university that's on the cusp of Top 100 on ARWU. Working on AAU membership and becoming Tier One in research was a big step. Entrepreneurial business school, which also fits in with Pac-12 culture.

If the Pac-12 decides to expand, I wouldn't complain at all if it went with Houston. Frankly, Houston has more going for it for media deals than all the current Big 12 members from TX except for UT. And it much better fits with Pac-12 cultural values.

Houston is on Larry Scott's target list. They've got a lot going for them in terms of football and basketball history along with a great market and very high level success in Olympic sports (especially T&F, golf and baseball but also with good volleyball and Swimming/Diving). Plus a Top 50 research university that's on the cusp of Top 100 on ARWU. Working on AAU membership and becoming Tier One in research was a big step. Entrepreneurial business school, which also fits in with Pac-12 culture.

If the Pac-12 decides to expand, I wouldn't complain at all if it went with Houston. Frankly, Houston has more going for it for media deals than all the current Big 12 members from TX except for UT. And it much better fits with Pac-12 cultural values.

The added value of Houston is that there is a longstanding grudge being held by Texas against Cougar High. If the Pac12 did end up inviting UH then it's slightly less likely that Texas would be in that deal. Ultimately, like it or not UT is a 5 star recruit but UH is going through a growth spurt and putting up some solid numbers that will get them some looks by the big boys.

What Houston lacks is a traditional die hard fan base. Until recently they've been a commuter school with a high number of older students who never live on campus. They also have a really large number of foreign exchange students. They're starting to change campus to attract more traditional 18 year kids from the burbs, but they've got a ways to go.

Hypothetical...IF U-Hou cougar high joined the P12, then CU should have much BETTER success recruiting Texas.
Opens up opportunity for parents to see their kids play. Opens up a built in recruiting stop in Texas as part of the football schedule. Opens up interest in P12 Network football in the Houston market.

I DON'T WANT ANYBODY ELSE! I DON'T, I DON'T, I DON'T!!! :tini:

And we especially don't want anyone from Texas, they are all a bunch of liars and cheaters, every last one of them. . . .

oh, sorry DBT, forget where you were from.:lol:

And we especially don't want anyone from Texas, they are all a bunch of liars and cheaters, every last one of them. . . .

oh, sorry DBT, forget where you were from.:lol:

DBT holds the pink suit exception from the above....

It's surprising to me that Houston got left behind.

It's not a matter of anything but poor management by the university.

Just the names like Andre Ware, Hakeem Olajuwan, Clyde Drexler, Carl Lewis, Fred Couples and others. Definitely a school that belongs in a P5 athletic conference as long as it can pull its the campus and facilities stuff together.

Rice or SMU could be their travel partner.

Not Rice. Repeats a market and way too small.

I also hate the way scheduling works with 14 teams. It would really have to increase to 16 to not get wonky for football.

Wish the PAC would take Texas, OU OSU and Houston just to see Baylor fan reactions lol

Didn't want to start a new thread on CSU.. because they don't deserve it, but Weird Al perfectly summarizes them in his song "Sports Song". Not the best song, but as I was listening to it, all I was thinking about was CSU.

[video=youtube;XGbqGkS1c2w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGbqGkS1c2w&list=UUshnCkfV7U6DqR4IHbQbI7Q& index=1[/video]

Wish the PAC would take Texas, OU OSU and Houston just to see Baylor fan reactions lol

and F*** that guy... no way on UT. Ever. Unless they're dead broke, on the verge of losing their program, and on their knees, crawling for anyone to save them... then we curb stomp them and walk away with the rest of the PAC-12.

Wife just told me Lady Gaga got altitude sickness during her tour stop in Denver. Guess you can cross off that tour date for the new Aggie on campus stadium. Maybe they can book an N'sync reuinion show instead.

Wife just told me Lady Gaga got altitude sickness during her tour stop in Denver. Guess you can cross off that tour date for the new Aggie on campus stadium. Maybe they can book an N'sync reuinion show instead.

They are already lining up events. First one is the world championships of mutton busting. They know their audience.

Ramnation is melting down because of the NCAA vote today.

edit: hadn't seen the D1 thread yet. Still, the gnashing of teeth over there can be entertaining during a preseason game...

Last edited:

Thanks... I just googled this to see for myself. I guess Denver can't have anything nice now due to the altitude. Screw you again altitude!!! Now we know why obesity levels are so high here, people can't exercise because they can't breathe.

They aren't as doomed as they think over in the goat rodeo forum. Csu still has a lot going for it in the next round of expansion. They really do need to get that stadium done however.

This thing could still work out eventually for them but their mountain just got a lot steeper to climb.

They aren't as doomed as they think over in the goat rodeo forum. Csu still has a lot going for it in the next round of expansion. They really do need to get that stadium done however.

This thing could still work out eventually for them but their mountain just got a lot steeper to climb.

Fortunately goats like to climb steep mountains.

really ? I can think of many other schools that would 'fit' better than csu in either the Big 12 or PAC 12. SDSU, BSU, UNLV, NM, Houston, Central FL, S FL all come to mind.

Had dinner with a CSU grad last night who was absolutely convinced the stadium is happening. I Didn't have the heart to bring up the D1 vote.

As long as the have nobody whatching them they are way behind. Even if a new stadium gave them a 50% increase in attendance, something that hasn't happened for other schools, they are still below 30k per home game.

They don't generate enough money or interest to be attractive to a power conference. It is all about the $$$ and CSU doesn't offer close to the kind of return neeeded to justify an invite.

Back