What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU #23 in AP Poll

Just like the Coaches I'd have us over Navy and probably Western Michigan.

I also would have placed Wazzu over VT (Hokies got a bigger bounce for beating a reeling 3 straight loss abut I get it. An FCS loss does deserve to hold you back for a while.

Nice.

Feel like West Virginia should be pushing top five.

Eers look damn good these past couple weeks. I was skeptical early on with their last second win over BYU at Landover and one point win over KSU in Morgantown, but they're clicking now for sure

OSU loses to an unranked team.... Barely punished

Weird, right? You can be #2 and lose to an unranked team and drop 4 spots. But if your #23 and lose to an unranked team you drop 10+ spots.

The voting is way to swayed by personal feelings. Unfortunately it never changes.

The rankings are still a measure of how good people feel a team is based on rep.

Sometimes deserved and others undeserved. OSU is still a great team coached by one of the bests in the game.

They would probably crawl back up even after a big drop. I dislike them, but they are solid.

There are many other travesties to point out. But it'll sort itself out more than not in the upcoming weeks.

Weird, right? You can be #2 and lose to an unranked team and drop 4 spots. But if your #23 and lose to an unranked team you drop 10+ spots.

The voting is way to swayed by personal feelings. Unfortunately it never changes.

I think that the approximate top 10 teams have more separation from the pack. It's sensible that a top five team would not drop as many spots because there are fewer teams able to claim a spot above them. The teams below 10 or so are much closer, so a loss has a larger relative effect on rank.

If Nebraska loses, they should drop at least 10 spots.

Hopefully Wisconsin isn't wearing down having faced a brutal schedule already

I think that the approximate top 10 teams have more separation from the pack. It's sensible that a top five team would not drop as many spots because there are fewer teams able to claim a spot above them. The teams below 10 or so are much closer, so a loss has a larger relative effect on rank.

Yes and no. If you're a top 5 team then you should NEVER lose to an unranked team but that's not real life. I think OSU is still top 5, just pointing it out. I will say this, if that was colorado they'd drop very far after a loss like that. It's the same as ole miss being ranked

Back