What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Affiliations, what are yours?

CU Affiliations?

• Total voters
i started school at auburn and transferred to CU when my parents moved to Longmont in 1998. graduated in 2001, and am hoping one day to get back to colorado. man i miss that place...

born and raised in Santa Monica, CA. Chose CU over, Washington, Oregon, UC Davis, Washington in St. Louis, and Cal Poly. I fell in love when I came over the hill on 36, it was April and everything was green. Graduated in May with a B.ENVD, essentially B.ARCH. Never regretted my decision. I really, really miss Boulder and I am trying to get back.

I suppose this is a good time to break into the allbuffs. I actually found allbuffs about 5 months ago and just been lurking around. But I think this is a good time to start.

My father was a huge buffs fan growing up and naturally rubbed off on me. Majority of my family attended CSU. Its always fun to give them a hard time that one day of the year.

Anyways, I actually attended UNC-Greeley because of scholarship reasons. Had friends that had season tickets growing up, and always seemed to go a couple times a year with them. I was 7 when CU won the National Title. I remember being dressed up in my buff helmet and tried to emulate that whole game. Throughout college tried to attend a few games a year or whatever I could get to.

Buffs have had there ups and downs but I will always be a diehard no matter what happens. So that is a little fraction of my story

Born and raised in Colorado. Started going to games when I was real young.

Went to CU Football camps during the McCartney years. Idolized EB and our youth league offense emulated the Buffs.

Grandparents have had season tickets since the 1950s. Married a Boulder native who's parents have had season tickets since the 1960s. Ironically, their seats are 8 rows apart and have been for years.

Still looking for charter members to start up the Non-Alumni Buff Club.

A Navy ROTC Scholarship opened up all possibilities for the Oregon ranch-kid, and oddly I chose Purdue.

Driving home, after my freshman year, I stopped in Boulder for a visit and spent the next year transferring my scholarship.

I began classes in at CU in the Fall of 1990, and managed to drag my journalism degree out for another three years (five years total, at this point, counting the two years at Purdue).

Due to a backlog in flight school, I was able to spend an additional 1.5 years in Grad School at CU Boulder.

My attended my first CU game on a Thursday night (I'm pretty sure it was a Thursday) against Stanford, though I'd watched the broadcast of the Tennessee tie in the Pigskin Classic the week before. I was hooked after that comeback against Stenstrom and the boys. Go BUFFS!

Born and raised in CO. Older sister went to CU - spent a few nights with her taking medication for my glaucoma.:smokin: Attended CU from 87-91 BA. Now have CU season tix with said sister.

:yeahthat:
Very similar story except mine is an older brother who I now share season tix with.

:woot::gobuffs:

This poll should be multiple choice as more than one option may apply.

Grew up in CO(Yuma), joined the Navy after HS and came back when I got picked up for a commissioning program 10 years later, and graduated from CU 2001.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Current student, born into it (Ft Collins), grew up in CO, born in Longmont (somewhat of a location association)

None of those choices apply to me...

My brother attended CU Engineering from 87-89 then transferred back to finish his degree in Edmonton...partied too hard and got ****ty marks. My whole family drove down to Boulder to drop him off in first year and I loved it! Didn't go there because I wanted to play football but was not good enough for Div-1 so I stayed back and played in University in Canada...

I think the whole CU football thing was helped by the fact that my brother went there during it's hey day...Hagan, Flanigan, C. Johnson, Bieniemy, Pritchard, Biekert, C. Brown, McGee, Williams...how could you not love that team!!!!

How'd you become a Buff fan?

You can choose all that apply

Aw dammit, I forgot to hit the mutliple choice option. Mod, help please

I hit the wrong answer in the poll. I meant to say born into it.

I have told my story several times, but here goes again cause it is unique.

It all started with my grandfather attending and playing football for the university of NEBRASKA! He moved to Boulder to go to graduate school at CU. My dad went to CU and played on the CU freshman football team in 1970 or '71. After my dad graduated from CU, he got season tickets and has had them since.
He of course took me to games when I was my own daughters age. From 1988-2001 I missed a total of 3 home games. Oklahoa in '88, Nebraska in '89 and Iowa in '91.
I have bled black and gold since and continue to buy my season tickets through my dad who has had the same 4 seats for 30+ years.

Good stuff Rippin... Hadn't heard the story before... Thanks for sharing!!

Raised in Tejas (Northern... so didn't have TOO much exposure to this week's opponent's fans) and I decided in about 8th grade that I wanted to go to school in Colorado.

You know what they say about what CU grads and CSU grads have in common right....? Well, I chose CU for various reasons but primarily cuz holy beautiful campus and beautiful women... plus we're closer to Summit County.

ANYWAY, didn't take me long to get all jacked up about CU Football... I was a student for the better part of 8 years... just graduated in May and this is my first season as a CU alumni. God willing, I'll be around for home games for a long long long time... gonna have to drop teh scratch to get season tix next year... I can't handle grovelling for 'em every weekend.

:gobuffs:

I wanted to hit more than one button. Was born in Denver, started following the buffs when I was 9, went to CU for two degrees, and still live here.

born, bred and raised a Sooner in Norman, Ok. Have always been a fan of Big 8 schools. Saw the Grateful Dead at Folsom Field in 1981, Warren Zevon opened the shows. 1st time ever at Folsom. Like Sacky said, lots of pretty women, even if some were dirty hippie chicks all around Boulder. Told myself one day I'd marry a CU girl... in 2006 that dream came true....

Last edited:
Just think. In about 5 years, the DBT family will have 4 out of 5 of its members with University of Colrorado diplomas! and one univ. of arizona with a masters from regis.

Just think. In about 5 years, the DBT family will have 4 out of 5 of its members with University of Colrorado diplomas! and one univ. of arizona with a masters from regis.

with that being said, when do they name a building after you on campus, or at least a street???

Born and raised in Boulder. Was named after a CU hoopster and have been going to games since I could walk. Played on the same little league team as Mike Bohn.

Just a fan. I was born in Nebraska and lived here all of my 41 years. I didn't attend CU and have no connections at all other than just being a fan. My family are not big sports fans as I'm pretty much the exception. I actually grew up kinda following the Fuskers but never really thought of myself as a fan. Then when the Buffs made their way to prominence in the late 80's I just kind of adopted them as my team and now it's all Buffs for me.:smile2:

Last edited:
Back