What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU @ Air Force

I'm out. Going to be out of town for pretty much the whole month of September.

just looked, only considering currently booked travel, I'm scheduled to sleep in my own bed nine nights that month.

Father-in-law is coming into town and there will be at least 7 of us heading down for it. Really excited.

@whatthebuff where did you get tickets? AFA website, CU website, or third party? Been looking at tickets for a few weeks on Stubhub, SeatGeek, Vividseats, etc and prices seem to vary. There weren't on sale through the AD ticket sites yet

Just bought 4 tix for the family. I inadvertently ended up with 1st row behind the AFA bench on the 35 yard line as I was in a hurry and not paying attention.

It is either going to be a fascinating different perspective, or a **** show with no in between.

And yes, @The Alabaster Yak , bought them from the AFA website. They went on sale at 9am this morning.

Just bought 4 tix for the family. I inadvertently ended up with 1st row behind the AFA bench on the 35 yard line as I was in a hurry and not paying attention.

It is either going to be a fascinating different perspective, or a **** show with no in between.

And yes, @The Alabaster Yak , bought them from the AFA website. They went on sale at 9am this morning.
Just bought mine as well. 50 yardline behind CU bench

I live in the springs....we will be going.
It's weird because I am a CU fan and an AFA fan.
Either way it will be a good game. I totally expect the AFA to probalby pull out the victory.
A 10 win team that supposedly returns quite a bit, at home? Yeah, AFA is likely going to be 6-7 point favorites, unless CU looks really good opening night vs TCU.

On a side note, what a dumb ****ing idea to schedule a home and home against AFA. Much rather schedule CSU or Wyoming.

I just confirmed AFA is not offering guided tours on Sept 10th (game day). We did sign up for a "Windshield Tour" for the family.

A Windshield Tour is a great opportunity to explore the Academy at your own pace.

Although base is currently open to the general public, signing up for a windshield tour gets you more than access to base. You’ll be provided with a driving route of base, featuring nine points of interest, with explanations and information about the history, current use and significance of the areas. You’ll also be provided with a digital copy of our Flight Plan, containing a wealth of information on cadet life at USAFA, and how you can prepare to make this the next step in your journey.

Offered daily during visitor hours, the tour is a great companion to the Discover Virtual Tour, which includes an admissions briefing from a recent graduate, Q&A session with Admissions staff, and a virtual tour of the cadet area.

Windshield Tours are offered daily during visitor hours. Visitors are required to wear masks while indoors on base, regardless of vaccination status. The Windshield Tour does not include access to the cadet area, however you will have great views of the entire campus.

Once you register, you will receive a confirmation email with your tour packet and other important materials.

I live in the springs....we will be going.
It's weird because I am a CU fan and an AFA fan.
Either way it will be a good game. I totally expect the AFA to probalby pull out the victory.

The Falcons could have beaten Army last year but Calhoun didn't trust Daniels' arm until way too late in the game. Schooled by Monken. I was surprised. Very disappointing.

8 of us heading down - got our tickets through CU so no clue where we will be. None of us have ever been to a game at the AFA so we are excited to actually have rooting interest in this one. Bringing my boys too - great way for them to see an Air Force game & root on the Buffs. Hopefully its better than the last time we played them (damn you Mel Tucker!).

I admire everyone's optimism in this thread.

Get there early, the parking area is great for tailgating. Much like CU games where Ralphie runs, you want to be in your seats well before kickoff for the flyovers, parachute team, falcon demonstration, etc.

I will refrain from commenting on the likely game results.

8 of us heading down - got our tickets through CU so no clue where we will be. None of us have ever been to a game at the AFA so we are excited to actually have rooting interest in this one. Bringing my boys too - great way for them to see an Air Force game & root on the Buffs. Hopefully its better than the last time we played them (damn you Mel Tucker!).
AFA is a great gameday experience for kids. Twice when I attended, they had booths setup demoing drones and other cool tech with cadets engaging directly with the kids.

A 10 win team that supposedly returns quite a bit, at home? Yeah, AFA is likely going to be 6-7 point favorites, unless CU looks really good opening night vs TCU.

On a side note, what a dumb ****ing idea to schedule a home and home against AFA. Much rather schedule CSU or Wyoming.
Why even play them? Such a lose lose proposition for CU and my quess is that we are going to lose

Eh, schedule CSU or Wyoming. They'll sell the same amount of tickets and spend have the same amount of costs, travel, etc. and they'll likely come out with a win. AFA is a pain in the dick to gameplan for.
You’re talking about a horror show AD. Of course they’re going to pick a team that’ll be hard to beat.

Already decided to spend that weekend camping. No upside in watching that no upside game.
They haven't played a P5 team since 2017 when they went into Iowa and beat the Hawkeyes.

They do play at Arizona this year, so that'll be fun watching them dismantle a conference foe.

I'm sure Iowa, CU and Arizona all had/have to pay them to come as well. Just an absurdly dumb scheduling decision

Because they can sell a lot of tickets and not spend a lot of money on travel, meals, etc.
Yep. And if putting AFA on the schedule with all those advantages plus getting a national broadcast is outweighed by thinking there's a high likelihood of losing, then I've got news for everyone... the issue is not with the AD scheduling, the issue is with the fvcking team being a fvcking embarrassment.

Yep. And if putting AFA on the schedule with all those advantages plus getting a national broadcast is outweighed by thinking there's a high likelihood of losing, then I've got news for everyone... the issue is not with the AD scheduling, the issue is with the fvcking team being a fvcking embarrassment.
Eh, it's mostly just dumb scheduling. CU has won 6+ games one time during RG's tenure at CU and he's scheduling toss up games/likely losses against good G5 and FCS opponents instead of scheduling CU wins. Have some awareness of where your program rates and what is needed. Wins. If you need to schedule an OOC game that generates eyeballs then go schedule the best P5 opponent you possibly can. At least that way, when CU loses, it's not a total embarrassment.

I'm also not sure why everyone here was so happy to ditch the RMS, but is all about adding AFA. Same lose/lose proposition, except AFA is a much harder game.

AFA is a great gameday experience for kids. Twice when I attended, they had booths setup demoing drones and other cool tech with cadets engaging directly with the kids.
AFA treats their football games like big recruiting events.

Unlike some schools, they take seriously the thought that it's a way to improve your brand and create interest in attending your school - and they even recognize that winning games is important to that mission. So important that they even created, get this, alternative admissions paths for athletes that are good at sports.

Back