1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU Buff Lockridge rounding into form

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Aug 13, 2010.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Brian Lockridge might be a little too fast. Speed is obviously one of the most coveted attributes a football player can have.

More...

2. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Coach Hagan just stopped short of saying, "lock up your daughters when Speedy's around".

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

that was a rough quote. not sure you want to be putting that "out there" in a public forum given the later Barnett years and perception around town, Denver, etc. we all know what Hagan meant.....but, the phrasing is unfortunate and words could have been chosen a little more carefully imo.

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

I think it was innocent enough--he was saying that B-Lock comes across as a good kid, but poor Speedy inadvertantly suffered in the comparison.

5. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i agree. just saying that it wouldn't take much for someone so-inclined to lift the quote away from the B-Lock comparison and things can snowball...as we've seen...into character assassination of the whole team and that daddy's little girl isn't safe on the CU campus around football players. i overstate for effect.