1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU Buffs college football recruit Sefo Liufau could ignite offense as new quarterback

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by BuffClass90, Jan 30, 2013.

1. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

2. Buffellow85

Buffellow85 Well-Known Member

You need to warn people when you post a link from Henderson.

The dumbass referred to Greg Biekert as "Chuck" last night during an interview on Mile High Sports.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  3. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Greg was a bad @**

4. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Could we lift the picture of Sefo from that article? It shows he really does have eyes!!

In spite of it being from Henderson, I like the article and learning about the way they used the Samoan/Aunese/McCartney/music connections in his recruiting.

5. WeCU13

WeCU13 Member

Colorado has only one 4-star recruit, but he could end up being the face of the Buffaloes' program.

Quarterback Sefo Liufau, from Tacoma, Washington's Bellarmine Prep, is listed as a pro-style quarterback, but he has shown dual-threat capabilities.

Every Pac-12 Team's Most Important Recruit in the 2013 Class
    By Kay Jennings on January 30, 2013

http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...st-important-recruit-in-the-2013-class/page/2

6. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

The comment section is horrible.

7. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

Has everyone forgotten about the elite 11 QB red shirted last year? Dillon ?? everyone forgetting about him?

8. BuffClass90

Not forgetting at all. There will be a QB competition between Shane and Sefo...not sure if the others have a shot, but who knows...maybe Hirsch?? I think Sefo is more of a fit physically for MikeMac's pistol offense, but Shane has lots of experience in spread offenses leading the scout teams in practice last year.

9. alh3939

alh3939 New Member

Not trying to be a prick and question your opinion but what makes you think Sefo is better suited for the pistol than Dillon? Fales from SJSU rushed only 42 times for -139 yards and most of those were sacks I do believe. The smarter, more accurate, and more experienced quarterback will win the job. I think Dillon wins the job this year because it is so hard for a true freshmen to come in and do anything but watch.

10. WeCU13

WeCU13 Member

The article is about the 2013 class; As for the Elite 11; ESPN rated Shane a 3* after the finals; Sefo a 4* after regionals. Only the Elite 11 staff can explain their ratings, but I'm excited we have Sefo and Shane on our team.

next year we will be talking about the next guy.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  11. BuffClass90

What? You dare question my opinion? :lol:

You have a good point. However, the article states "He and new offensive coordinator Brian Lindgren sold Liufau on the new pistol formation CU would use, an offense the coaches said would help him utilize his untapped speed, though he has never played from the shotgun." From that I gather there will be more QB running, zone reads etc. I'm also assuming Fales didn't have the physicality to implement all of their pistol offense.