What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

On Brian Howell's Chat today he thinks OC gets hired next week. Has no idea who it will be. Hasn't heard any rumors.

Third rate athletic department
Chiaverini is STILL listed as OC.

Was thinking that a homerun hire for OC would be Chandler Dorrell.

Rick George is incompetent.
Karl Dorrell is a horrible college head coach.
Look up the phrase “blind leading the blind” in the Google machine. It describes the scenario outlined about Rick George leading the line in hiring an OC instead of Karl Dorrell leading the hiring.
did I need to use the sarcasm font?

Rick George is incompetent.
Karl Dorrell is a horrible college head coach.
Look up the phrase “blind leading the blind” in the Google machine. It describes the scenario outlined about Rick George leading the line in hiring an OC instead of Karl Dorrell leading the hiring.

I found a Violent Femmes album.

The_Blind_Leading_The_Naked.jpg

i don't think rg is incompetent. i think kd can be successful here.

we have seen head coaches and assistants leave here since the 2002 self imposed death penalty. many have been very successful. the prior ad hired a guy at cincinnati who everyone wants, a guy at usc who everyone wants, and a guy at CU who delivered the only good season in 2 decades DESPITE everything wrong.

this AD hired mel tucker and in one season tucker showed the upside of the program IF it is allowed to succeed.

we can plug in new ADs and new head coaches and nothing is going to change without support, across the board.

look at what wilcox just asked for at Cal. He didn't even seek a big raise. he wanted a bigger salary pool and better support.

recovery is achievable and this program can be great again, but without the will, it is going to take blind ass random lightning strike miracles.

or, as saban says: TRUST THE PROCESS.

i hate everything.

i don't think rg is incompetent. i think kd can be successful here.

we have seen head coaches and assistants leave here since the 2002 self imposed death penalty. many have been very successful. the prior ad hired a guy at cincinnati who everyone wants, a guy at usc who everyone wants, and a guy at CU who delivered the only good season in 2 decades DESPITE everything wrong.

this AD hired mel tucker and in one season tucker showed the upside of the program IF it is allowed to succeed.

we can plug in new ADs and new head coaches and nothing is going to change without support, across the board.

look at what wilcox just asked for at Cal. He didn't even seek a big raise. he wanted a bigger salary pool and better support.

recovery is achievable and this program can be great again, but without the will, it is going to take blind ass random lightning strike miracles.

or, as saban says: TRUST THE PROCESS.

i hate everything.
You’re hilarious.

Third rate athletic department
Chiaverini is STILL listed as OC.

Was thinking that a homerun hire for OC would be Chandler Dorrell.
Seems like they should have interns or new hires that keep the website accurate. It's a dream, I know.

Is this the most boring coaching search of all time? Only to be made worse by the actual hire I assume.

Last edited:
In full knowledge that this will generate snark...

While I agree that "Boulder & The Flatirons" is way overplayed in relation to recruiting (it's only an "all other things being equal" type advantage), I think it's different for coaches.

That town, those views, the weather, surrounding activities, the campus, proximity to a major city - all of that makes it ideal for an adult whether single, raising a family, empty nesting or heading into retirement. It is a real advantage for recruiting coaches (just need to overcome the cost-of-living challenge).

In full knowledge that this will generate snark...

While I agree that "Boulder & The Flatirons" is way overplayed in relation to recruiting (it's only an "all other things being equal" type advantage), I think it's different for coaches.

That town, those views, the weather, surrounding activities, the campus, proximity to a major city - all of that makes it ideal for an adult whether single, raising a family, empty nesting or heading into retirement. It is a real advantage for recruiting coaches (just need to overcome the cost-of-living challenge).
P5 coaching salaries should nullify any cost of living concerns in, or near, Boulder.

Quick search says average assistant coach salary in Pac12 is > $400k.

Link

Back