What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Buffs hire former Minnesota OC Mike Sanford as their new OC

kristen wiig lol GIF by Saturday Night Live

From slow news days to an overload of news in one day. KD has intterviewed them in person and he is nearing a decison. The CU AD is so good, there is no leaks, they should help the White house avoid leaks to the press.

From slow news days to an overload of news in one day. KD has intterviewed them in person and he is nearing a decison. The CU AD is so good, there is no leaks, they should help the White house avoid leaks to the press.
I guess they can hang their hat on being good at being tight lipped. Not much else going for them right now.

All we can do is hope.

No reason to cross bridges of pissedoffedness before we know if we have anything to be pissed off about.

There's a lot riding on this OC hire. I hope that it's someone who gets us all excited. I fear the announcement will be the day that hope dies. Trying not to let either possibility influence my mood. Just gotta wait and see, I guess.
I do think Dorrell is capable of hiring a very good OC.

We still have the institutional problems, an AD who is limping to retirement, and a head coach who is completely lost in how to recruit in today's college football. I feel like all we are doing with a capable OC is putting gauze on a gunshot wound instead of a band aid.

So, if it can be decided and announced by the end of this week, then the notion that the candidates, either college or NFL, were somehow waiting for something to occur like a bowl game, important final game, etc. is hogwash. Shocking no one, the process has been a casual vetting of meh candidates who have nothing special to offer. Unless it’s Langsdorf, I’m betting it will be someone many of us have never heard of.
Unless we were waiting for Urban Meyer to get fired. In which case it is a defendable timeline.

My criteria is

1. Inovative, unpredictable offense.
2. Currently a OC not some one that will become a OC for the first time.

My concern is that since there has not been a single rumor we are going to hire someone not on anyone's radar. If we were stealing someone from a school of any importance, or someone that anyone cared about at all we'd have some form of rumor.

My concern is that since there has not been a single rumor we are going to hire someone not on anyone's radar. If we were stealing someone from a school of any importance, or someone that anyone cared about at all we'd have some form of rumor.
There hasn't been a lot of noise ahead of other coordinator hires, though. Doesn't seem that there usually is unless someone is a really "hot" name like Harrell was when USC hired him.

Do y’all expect an experienced college OC? Or could KD hire a hot position coach?

sorry, if this possibility has already been discussed

Probably someone that reached out to KD with an email that begins like “Hey Karl! Long time no talk, I hope all has been well for you and yours! Regarding the OC opening at Colorado, that I just read about, and the favor that you said that you’d owe me for…”

Probably someone that reached out to KD with an email that begins like “Hey Karl! Long time no talk, I hope all has been well for you and yours! Regarding the OC opening at Colorado, that I just read about, and the favor that you said that you’d owe me for…”
More like, "Hey, Karl, can you recommend a realtor? The wife and I fell in love with Boulder & are looking to be your neighbors. BTW, you still need an OC?"

Do y’all expect an experienced college OC? Or could KD hire a hot position coach?

sorry, if this possibility has already been discussed
Honestly, I have no idea what to make of this OC search at this point. The lack of rumors made me think for sure NFL position coach. Then KD says he is looking at college guys only and I wonder how it’s possible to keep that so quite. If they are interviewing the Kent State guy for example how is a smaller program like that not leaking anything?

If it’s a bigger P5 OC how has an agent not leaked anything to Football Scoop? It’s the Buffs so I guess I fall back on nothing ever making sense to me. Add this search to that list.

Back