1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU Buffs to host two volleyball tournaments

Discussion in 'University of Colorado News and Olympic Sports' started by RSSBot, Jun 5, 2012.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Buffzone.com staff

The University of Colorado volleyball team will play in four tournaments -- two on its home court -- before opening its second season in the Pac-12 Conference this season.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

OK. We've got the volleyball schedule now.

Recruiting has been great, but what do you guys need to see this season in order to feel good about the progress of the program?

Last year, we only had 6 wins (1 in the Pac-12) and didn't do any better than that her two previous seasons.

3. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

to be the best of the worst in the pac-12.

4. BeBe

BeBe Club Member Club Member

Well, that's a pretty soft non-conf schedule. The good news side of that is, assuming the Buffs stay healthy (which did not happen during the non-conf last year) they should be able to win every one of those matches. I'll be very disappointed if they have more than one non-conf loss. The bad news side of that is, like we saw with WBB last season, too many cupcakes is not the diet to prepare the team for the tough Pac 12 schedule. And for VB, the Pac-12 is a really brutal league. The second good news side is that CU will have new starters at setter and one or 2 other positions. So the non-conf matches should give the team time to grow together in live matches. The setter position is so key to the teams results, kinda like the FB quarterback.

As for league results, I need to see the team win the winnable home Pac12 matches. I can't tell you what matches those are right now but we will have a better idea by the time we start league play. They didn't do that last year. I think had they won one of their early-on close home matches, we would have seen a few more wins. But with an injured senior setter and as the loses piled up, it became so much harder to win the close matches. And I want to see them be competitive in their away matches against the other weaker league teams. Absinthe's "be the best of the worst in the Pac12" would be an excellent achievement.

5. buffgal

buffgal Club Member Club Member

They had the 19th ranked recruiting class, but there were six Pac12 teams ahead of them.