What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU Depth Chart 2021 vs 2022

I think if you look at the production of the impact offensive players we lost (Rice, Broussard and Stanley), you’ll find that they are very replaceable, particularly Rice and Stanley. Broussard was an impact player against UNC and OSU, but otherwise, was below average statistically. Of course that has a lot to do with the OL and playcalling, but point is, this team won 4 games with a historically bad offense and no real consistent, impact production from any of the “stars”.

The defensive losses cause bigger issues, especially in the Secondary, and are less replaceable than the offensive player losses, but they did beat UW and OSU without Landman.
C Wells had statistically his best game of the season against WA. 7 solo tackles, 2 sacks, a forced fumble, and 2 passes defended. He played out of his mind in that game.

I can't really make a prediction on wins until August. It is like making a decision without knowing all of the facts. I do know B Lewis is going to be improved. He showed progress at the end of the season. Another off season working on mechanics and etc will be huge. There is a good chance OL play will be better.

We have guys that can replace Wells. Don't have any one that can replace Landman. Hopefully guys like Lamb, Hurtado, Hamm, A Smith and Barnes can step up.

I think if you look at the production of the impact offensive players we lost (Rice, Broussard and Stanley), you’ll find that they are very replaceable, particularly Rice and Stanley. Broussard was an impact player against UNC and OSU, but otherwise, was below average statistically. Of course that has a lot to do with the OL and playcalling, but point is, this team won 4 games with a historically bad offense and no real consistent, impact production from any of the “stars”.

The defensive losses cause bigger issues, especially in the Secondary, and are less replaceable than the offensive player losses, but they did beat UW and OSU without Landman.
Can you just develop a college football WAR like baseball?

I would agree that the production we lost from Rice, Stanley and Broussard is replaceable…but only because we had arguably the worst starting QB and OL in D1 football last year and a retard for an OC. My only hope for the offense to be better in ‘22 relies upon the fact that Chiv is gone…because the talent level will be drastically worse than what we had last year.

One could argue that trading Brou for the OL kid from Bama is a positive gain as our OL play is critical to overall offensive success. I think we will be the same at WR since Shenault couldn’t stay on the field and we are hopefully going to run the ball with more success.

Defense is currently substantially worse as we lost 3 NFL level players and their replacements currently are not NFL level.

One could argue that trading Brou for the OL kid from Bama is a positive gain as our OL play is critical to overall offensive success. I think we will be the same at WR since Shenault couldn’t stay on the field and we are hopefully going to run the ball with more success.

Defense is currently substantially worse as we lost 3 NFL level players and their replacements currently are not NFL level.
Perry and Blackmon are not NFL level players.

I would agree that the production we lost from Rice, Stanley and Broussard is replaceable…but only because we had arguably the worst starting QB and OL in D1 football last year and a retard for an OC. My only hope for the offense to be better in ‘22 relies upon the fact that Chiv is gone…because the talent level will be drastically worse than what we had last year.
We had “production”? ;)

2nd year under Turley. Turley got to produce a stronger Filip playing at 310 pounds. If we can get Filip to be the left tackle. Can have an improved OL of
RT Wiley
RG Roddick
C Jynes or Wells
LG Brown
LT Filip
Still need another tackle or guard but that is an improved OL compared to last season.

Last edited:
ON3 is interesting. They project the NIL values of the players. One of the factors is "followers" so I now understand why these players ask for that so often on social media.
Interesting they slot Stanley two slots lower than Sneed....and JBrou miles behind Clayton. It looks like they just go by HS ratings, but weird nonetheless.

NFL level players still on the team as of right now. Others could emerge with more playing time.

Terrance Lang, RJ Sneed and Jalen Sami

I would say those are all borderline

NFL level players still on the team as of right now. Others could emerge with more playing time.

Terrance Lang, RJ Sneed and Jalen Sami
Terrance 'might' get drafted late if he has a great combine. Sneed? Don't know enough about him to say. Sami isn't even a borderline NFL prospect at this point. Josh Tupou was an exponentially better NT as an underclassman and he went undrafted.

Terrance 'might' get drafted late if he has a great combine. Sneed? Don't know enough about him to say. Sami isn't even a borderline NFL prospect at this point. Josh Tupou was an exponentially better NT as an underclassman and he went undrafted.
Agree on Sami. No chance at this point. And I would put Lang is same category. Too slow. If he was an nfl draft prospect, even late round, he would have gone this year. Would have to improve dramatically to even get a chance as UDFA.

Filip is currently about 295 pounds at about 6'7". Getting to a playing weight of 310 to 315 pounds shouldn't be difficult. Unless he has problems gaining and maintainaning the weight. We have to develop guys.

@Buffnik sad thing is looking at the schedule, idk where we even find 5 arguable wins, I’d be interested in your argument for even 3 wins.

not saying this as a dig towards your take, i just genuinely think we are that bad as of today. Our team will just get thrown on all day while we try to run it all day. I suspect we will see 4+ boat races where it’s not even a battle. Zero pash rush, zero play makers at DB..

unless this team adds some impact players through the transfer portal, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this team go “defeated”.

@Buffnik sad thing is looking at the schedule, idk where we even find 5 arguable wins, I’d be interested in your argument for even 3 wins.

not saying this as a dig towards your take, i just genuinely think we are that bad as of today. Our team will just get thrown on all day while we try to run it all day. I suspect we will see 4+ boat races where it’s not even a battle. Zero pash rush, zero play makers at DB..

unless this team adds some impact players through the transfer portal, I wouldn’t be surprised to see this team go “defeated”.
Every game except Oregon, USC and maybe Minn is winnable. They won’t win most of them, but opponents not daunting.

My prediction, based on today’s roster, is 1 win. Last year’s team was lucky to win 4, and the roster as it’s sits today is significantly worse than last year. The lack of talent at every single position is startling. Depth is atrocious. Usually I feel like our starters are okay and I go into every season saying “we may be okay and if we dont have injuries” but I can’t even say that this year. Need 7 - 8 transfers that are day 1 starters to get back to something comparable to last year, and as well all know, that bar is extremely low.

I would consider getting boatraced 4 times a major victory. I could see a majority of games turning into a boatrace. My goal for this season is to win a game. This team, and especially this defense is very bad.

Back