1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CU football: Mike MacIntyre ready for higher expectations

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Jul 19, 2015.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

By Kyle Ringo

BuffZone.com Writer

Like it or not, there are different standards for a coach that come with a third season on the job. It's true of any sport and it's true no matter what condition the team was in when the coach took over.

Originally posted by Daily Camera
    Click here to view the article.

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

But was there more patience for Cutcliffe at a program like Duke with little recent success as compared to Colorado, which has a national title and Heisman Trophy to its credit in the past 25 years and was ranked in the top five in the nation as recently as 2001?

"Maybe so, but I don't look at it like that," MacIntyre said. "I look at it like when I got here, we were the worst BCS program in college football, by far. Our team at Duke would have beaten Colorado by 20-something points. My team at San Jose State would have beaten us by 30.

"Now we're creeping up and we're going to be there and we're getting there. These kids and our staff have done a phenomenal job. To me, the whole university community from the president and chancellor and Rick George have done an unbelievable job of pushing this. I still believe we're on that journey. I definitely believe we'll be better than we were last year record-wise."

:wow: I knew it was bad, but... :wow:

3. Shldr2Shldr

Shldr2Shldr Club Member Club Member

He has been coming clean recently on how dysfunctional the whole program was when he arrived. Think most of us here had an idea about how bad it was, sounds like it may have been even worse than we feared.

None of that matters now though. Its his 3rd year. Its time to start showing results. Recruiting is picking up, but we need to land these kids come february. We need to start winning some games. Its time for HCMM to show us he has what it takes.

4. Highlander

Highlander Club Member Club Member

The team he took over was down 55-7 at halftime to Fresno State and then lost the last 8 games of the season by an average of 34 points the year prior. I believe him.

5. Burrito Palazzo

Burrito Palazzo huff my smug Club Member

Burrito Palazzo ready for higher expectations.

6. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Did this really happen? How low is that?

7. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Rock friggin bottom right there. That team was DOA.

8. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

I was on an island at the time and it failed to record on my DVR. When I saw the score a few days later, I just blew it off and lost interest in that team. Didn't realize it was that bad at halftime.

9. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

And it wasn't that close.

We had teams trying not to score againnst us by halftime. Had they wanted some teams could have beat us by 100.

10. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

Coming from SJSU, Mac knows a bad team when he sees one...and I have no doubt the picture of CU football was as bleak as he paints.

11. patebuff

patebuff Downgraded to half a star Club Member

It might have been the worst first half I've ever seen in football. That's when you knew that team had given up.

12. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

So to paraphrase we were burned to the ground when he got here?

13. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Ordinarily, I hate the "the last guy was so terrible it's going to take me a while to fix his problems" excuse. In this case, however, I completely believe him. This was a college football wasteland. I honestly felt like it would take a lot longer than three years to get it turned around.