What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

CU has rejoined the Big 12 and broken college football - talking out asses continues

Despite the income disparity, the poor in CA live MUCH better lives than the poor in MS. The focus should be on poverty not disparity. Different solutions for different issues.
Disagree.
If you’re poor in MS, at least you can hang around a Walmart and eat for cheap

if you’re poor in the cities of CA, your cheapest meal is at a fast food **** box, an unbelievably expensive $18 sandwich from a coastal elitist hotspot, or CVS.

oh wait CVS and Walgreens said seeya to SF because the crime is so bad.

why is this **** in this thread. Idots

Everything I read is that ND will not join a conference and stay independent.
Their next contract is rumored to be upwards of 60m and they get another 10m from the ACC.
With that being said, what is their incentive to join any conference?

Their incentive will only come if the new playoff is closed off to them. The B1G could try to make that happen in order to force them to join, but the SEC likely fights against that in order to keep ND from joining the B1G (they almost assuredly aren't joining the SEC, so it behooves the SEC to keep them Independent).

Disagree.
If you’re poor in MS, at least you can hang around a Walmart and eat for cheap

if you’re poor in the cities of CA, your cheapest meal is at a fast food **** box, an unbelievably expensive $18 sandwich from a coastal elitist hotspot, or CVS.

oh wait CVS and Walgreens said seeya to SF because the crime is so bad.

why is this **** in this thread. Idots
Being one of the few people on here with real experience living in the Deep South, I am confident in saying that you absolutely do not want to be poor in a place like Mississippi.

Being one of the few people on here with real experience living in the Deep South, I am confident in saying that you absolutely do not want to be poor in a place like Mississippi.
Take every one of my posts with a grain of salt.
I thought everyone was facetious here.

Their counterparts will be making 40% more.
Not at 70m, and that is what they are saying. Their current contract is below 30m, so for the short term yes they will be making less, but their new contract would put them higher than anyone I believe.

Everything I read is that ND will not join a conference and stay independent.
Their next contract is rumored to be upwards of 60m and they get another 10m from the ACC.
With that being said, what is their incentive to join any conference?

ND is smart to stay independent. The BIG is as corrupt as any conference (maybe moreso). If ND joined the BIG, they would get screwed with regard to scheduling, officiating, etc. So if the money is anywhere close between the two options, it would make sense for ND to stay away from the BIG.

Despite years of Democratic leadership, wealth inequality California is among the worst in the country.

This is just another in a long list of facts that prove that Democrats are the party of the elites.

Ahh! This explains why SC and UCLA are moving to the Midwest!!

i do not believe nd will join a conference-- it doesn't have to so it won't. and even if they expand the playoffs and add paydays for that and such, nd will still as an independent have a preferential path int.

i also am greatly struggling with the idea that the big would want to add cal. they bring nothing to the table. basically, the only tv viewers they draw are alums and the fans of their opponents. they are also hugely in debt and poorly managed.

i am also perplexed a bit by the idea that the big, in expansion, would want to completely ignore the markets of colorado and arizona.

also, if the big really does have a minimum academics bar it wants to stay above, then asu is ****ed.

thusly, doesn't the draft order of remaining schools look something like this:

1. uo
2. uw
3. CU
4. arizona
5. utah
6. stanford

or thereabouts?

i do not believe nd will join a conference-- it doesn't have to so it won't. and even if they expand the playoffs and add paydays for that and such, nd will still as an independent have a preferential path int.

i also am greatly struggling with the idea that the big would want to add cal. they bring nothing to the table. basically, the only tv viewers they draw are alums and the fans of their opponents. they are also hugely in debt and poorly managed.

i am also perplexed a bit by the idea that the big, in expansion, would want to completely ignore the markets of colorado and arizona.

also, if the big really does have a minimum academics bar it wants to stay above, then asu is ****ed.

1. uo
2. uw
3. CU
4. arizona
5. utah
6. stanford

or thereabouts?
I think Stanford brings a cache that the B1G craves. I think it comes down to UO, UW, Stanford and then three schools - CU, UA, and UU fighting for that fourth spot. I agree that we have some advantages over UU and UA, but also some glaring weaknesses we might not be able to overcome (or choose to).

1. uo
2. uw
3. CU
4. arizona
5. utah
6. stanford

or thereabouts?
I agree.

I think that Stanford is much more of a player than you project.

I also think that Kansas is somewhere in the B1G mix and very likely above Utah.

North Dakota is the best Dakota. Here’s all you need to know about the empty North. The dumb people and the medium people in WY, SD, MT, and ND are all the same, but the smart people in ND are much smarter than the smart people in the other 3. Spent lots of time in all 4 states in my younger work days, and lived for a few years in both WY and MT. So there you have it. JMHO

North Dakota is the best Dakota. Here’s all you need to know about the empty North. The dumb people and the medium people in WY, SD, MT, and ND are all the same, but the smart people in ND are much smarter than the smart people in the other 3. Spent lots of time in all 4 states in my younger work days, and lived for a few years in both WY and MT. So there you have it. JMHO
People with an IQ of 145 are intellectually middle class in North Dakota.

I think Stanford brings a cache that the B1G craves. I think it comes down to UO, UW, Stanford and then three schools - CU, UA, and UU fighting for that fourth spot. I agree that we have some advantages over UU and UA, but also some glaring weaknesses we might not be able to overcome (or choose to).
ok, if that is true, do they take cal as the stanford partner even though they bring nothing to the table? if so, we are ****ed... big suggests the magic number for them is 20 schools. 14 now + usc/ucla + 4 TBD = we are headed to the b12.

this whole thing blows.

Would the B1G get enough power to keep ND out of the playoff? I dont see it happening.
It'll depend on what the landscape looks like at that point. Do the ACC, Pac and Big 12 still exist and do they have equal voting rights like they do today? If so, will the B1G agree to vote for automatic qualifiers from the lesser conferences in order to also secure the vote to keep Independent teams from having a spot?

If the lesser conferences aren't viable anymore and it's just the B1G and SEC negotiating on the structure of the playoff, then you're probably right as the SEC will want to keep ND Independent.

I agree.

I think that Stanford is much more of a player than you project.

I also think that Kansas is somewhere in the B1G mix and very likely above Utah.

i don't see ku in the mix... worst tv ratings for football of those in the discussion and it is not even close. and no tv market to speak of.

if they are going to ignore ratings and go after markets and west geography then cal makes far more sense. and then we are screwed, of course, which is probably what is going to happen in pretty much every reasonable scenario.

ok, if that is true, do they take cal as the stanford partner even though they bring nothing to the table? if so, we are ****ed... big suggests the magic number for them is 20 schools. 14 now + usc/ucla + 4 TBD = we are headed to the b12.

this whole thing blows.
In that case, ND would remain an ACC member and, per hokie, the GOR would still be in tact, meaning the SEC would either have to hold at 16 until 2034, when they can take the top of the ACC, or they could expand West and take the 4 corner schools to get to 20.

THEN, in 2034, it would be a fight over FSU, Miami, Clemson, UNC, GT, UVA, VT, etc when the ACC GOR runs out.

Say what you will about North Dakota, call me an air chair analyst, that fact of the matter is Nodak is doing incredible well.

My source of course. (Yes I fully am aware the source is for-profit)
“6. North Dakota
Placing 6th, North Dakota earns the distinction of being the richest state in the Midwest. In addition to its high real per capita income and state spending, the state generates the 2nd-highest state revenue per capita of any state, with 14,636.

Once one of the poorer US states, North Dakota has experienced an oil boom in the past two decades, earning fortunes for many of the state’s residents, and increasing job opportunities in the state. In 2019, North Dakota had the highest intergenerational mobility of any state. “

I lived in North Dakota for a brief period in my life. People there found out I was from Colorado and almost to a man their first question was “what the **** are you doing here?”
From first hand experience I can tell you that North Dakota sucks. Hard.

Back